NSR: Comcast Sucks

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by santeroatomico, May 10, 2009.

1. santeroatomico

santeroatomico New Member

Feb 16, 2006
    East End Houston
    I could not go to the game yesterday. So once I got home I started watching in on ESPN. I turn the TV on and I am watching the game once out of the blue in the middle of play, they game gets cutoff for two comcast related commercials. Obviously someone at Comcast programmed this commercials that interrupted the soccer game. It happened several times during the game. I called them to let them know. This is not the first game they do it to.
    Does this happens with Direct TV?
    To top things up I loss the MLS Direct Kick Signal....

2. ShoelessMan

ShoelessMan In vino veritas!

Jan 25, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No commercials on the DirecTV broadcast. Sorry bro...

3. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Comcast is absolutely horrible. I switched to U-verse and while it's not perfect, it's 1000X better than Comcast.

4. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last week reading the post game threads from NE, I remember somebody wrote about Comcast in Rhode Island that comcast scheduled an infomercial in the middle of the game, with the two halves wrapped around it. And I think he said they interrupted the game from time to time with commercials too.

5. ShoelessMan

Jan 25, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brian Ching was talking about how he has Comcast and they were showing commercials during the Champions League games... Frustrated the hell out of him...

6. aleaz

aleaz New Member

Aug 28, 2008
    usa
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i was at the game, but my bro told me that the "game of the week" wasnt shown until the ncaa volleyball game was over... the game was at about the 30min when they started to broadcast it, so he missed that great beginning...

7. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I keep hearing different things. The FO says they held the game up 5 minutes because of ESPN. And friends of mine that were watching in DC said the game got moved to ESPN Classic.

8. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that the Dynamo On-Demand stuff got removed from Comcast once the signed up Uverse as a sponsor. Of course, Uverse doesn't have Direct Kick (I believe).

Comcast customer service is generally crap, and their service (especially HD packages and DVRs) is overpriced, but they do offer the sports packages and a good quality of HD picture

9. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    no they wait until the SL final goes to PKs and then the signal goes out

the world actually does not revolve around the Dynamo-they have to stay with the VB-I believe that was championship game. Ours was regular season against a team with one win. What made more sense.

No Heidi bowls here.

10. aleaz

aleaz New Member

Aug 28, 2008
    usa
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    true!! the world doesnt revolve around dynamo... it revolves around craig waibel.. true story!!!:D

11. stagnant

stagnant Member

Jul 22, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Thats right, on comcast they have aired commercials during the last four Champions League games and the Dynamo game. They are programmed sports, so it's not ESPN's fault entirely... they could put a stop to it.

I have this crap cable system called Phonoscope at work and I watched the CL games at work without commercials then when I went home and skipped through the games to see the goals again there were commercials, so it's definately a comcast problem.

12. ShoelessMan

Jan 25, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I watched the Champions League and Dynamo games on DirecTV without any commercials.

13. ishabuu

ishabuu Member

Apr 6, 2007
    I had those commercials during Champions League, too.

There was one like 1 minute into the Man Utd/Arsenal game and one right as Dani Alves was lining up a free kick, among TONS of other times.

Seriously annoying.

14. santeroatomico

santeroatomico New Member

Feb 16, 2006
    East End Houston
    I called Comcast and complained. They said they had never hear of it. I hate them so much.

15. BerlinTexas

BerlinTexas Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Commercials during the CL games wasn't the last straw but close to it, I switched to UVerse and am MUCH happier. Among other things I hated about Comcast was the massive button delay, audio skipping on DVR recordings, channels crashing, pay per view crashing, tiny HD-DVR storage, etc.

16. CLakeCracker

CLakeCracker Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Downtown
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wish people who switch to Uverse would quit rubbing it in the faces of us poor souls who cannot get it in our area.

Guess I'll just wait to see if Verizon FIOS cable ever gets to the houston area. Damn Southwestern Bell / GTE rivalry...still feeling the repercussions.

17. Blu N Houston

Blu N Houston Member

Apr 8, 2005
    In your head!
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Uverse isn't all that.. I had to switch over, time and time again from the HD TNT feed to the std TNT feed , because the Rockets game kept getting stuck.
    Sometimes your DVR has too reboot, don't let all four boxes in my house be on at the sametime while something is set to record , then someone will have to quit watching tv or stop the recording.
    Your better off recording in std vs Hidef, because it takes up two feeds vs one.
    Also,
    Comcast had a way better ON Demand , with tons of programming vs Att

from what I hear .....SkY is the way to go!

18. stagnant

stagnant Member

Jul 22, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    I can switch to U-Verse, but I keep holding off because believe it or not, it's actually more expensive... if you want all the stuff I must have to fill my needs.

19. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've had no problems with U-Verse but I only have one converter and don't really watch in HD. For me, it's actually the same price as Comcast. The difference is that with U-Verse, I get Showtime, Encore, Starz, and Setanta in addition to the all the normal expanded channels you'd expect. With Comcast, I only got HBO as an add-on (and I couldn't even get Setanta on Comcast if I wanted to because it isn't offered). Losing Entourage was a little painful but it continues to get worse, IMO, and in any case, it wasn't worth holding on the Comcast for freaking Entourage.

Throw in the fact that I never have my feed freeze for 5 minutes at a time (like it did with Comcast), the fact that my internet modem doesn't have to be replaced every 6 months (like it did with Comcast), and the fact that my internet never goes out now (like it did with Comcast) and you see why I absolutely abhor Comcast.