Comcast FSW removed (?)

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by IJS, Oct 13, 2003.

1. IJS

IJS Member

Mar 28, 2000
    Naperville
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Put on Fox Sports World last night to watch something and the Comcast screen says "Not Authorized". Call up Comcast. Apparrently I had the Digital Bronze package which is no longer a package so was switched to Digital Plus for the same price. Has same channels and more; except FSW. To get FSW I had to upgrade to Premier status for an extra $5. Not much more but not the point. The kicker is the upgrade can not take effect until Oct 15th in my area, same day USOpen Cup Final and first FSW showing of England-Georgia Rugby World Cup match. If you've not watched FSW in last few days (I had not due to working the marathon and my wife watching baseball), and you have Comcast, check it to make sure you have FSW.

PS I'll now get Speed Channel

2. In Chicago it's more channels, more money, still have FSW. For a while we were getting FSW espanol (even more footy), but no more. We are so lucky to get ESPN's pay-per-view preview channel, & we still don't get Speed Channel. Bastards!

3. IJS

IJS Member

Mar 28, 2000
    Naperville
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Re: Re: Comcast FSW removed (?)

Seeing that all the pubs and bars are likely to be showing the Cubs Wednesday (depending on Tuesday) if I don't hve FSW Wednesday morning I'll be over John !!

4. Re: Re: Comcast FSW removed (?)

INteresting...I live in the Far NW burbs of Chicago, but have never had FSW Espanyol, always had Speed channel (oh the joy). I don't think anything changed by me. Maybe it's cause I already had the platinum or premier package ??

5. JCUnited

JCUnited Member

Oct 7, 2002
    South Bend, IN
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I had the same problem here in NW Indiana about losing my FSW, but at least they were kind enough to send a death notice to me one day before. However, I too signed up for the new digital package (rape me for five bucks more? Thanks, Comcast!) and it took effect immediately. Not sure why you have to wait till Oct. 15th.

6. Fuhrer

Fuhrer New Member

May 25, 2003
    Elmwood Park, IL
    Switch to dish network.

7. IJS

IJS Member

Mar 28, 2000
    Naperville
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    something about it not being available in my area until that date, bunch of BS if you ask me.

8. IJS

IJS Member

Mar 28, 2000
    Naperville
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I am actually going to look into alternatives to Comcast. I have not really had an issue with them except their prices keep going up. I can get "WOW" in my area and obviously the dish. Need to make sure I can get the channels I want. Got the Comcast digital just to be able to get FSW (soccer & rugby) OLNtv (cycling and triathlon) and BBC America (which is a very disappointing channel - not the BBC I grew up with). I WILL watch the US Open Cup final on Wednesday, looks like the Map Room is a good option (depending on the Cubs I guess)

9. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Ian, you can always come to New York. :)

10. Fuhrer

Fuhrer New Member

May 25, 2003
    Elmwood Park, IL
  11. mpruitt

mpruitt Member

Feb 11, 2002
    E. Somerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Yeah this happend to me too recently here in Boston. People had warned me that it would. But as I'm getting cable for free right now, it was still coming through the lines... I can't really call up Comcast to upgrade. It's freaking expensive here. Oddly though, I get Telefutra now...

12. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    all true,

but comcast = espnhd and nbc, abc, cbs hd with no antenna. no hdnet, though, grrrr.

13. jdm2662

jdm2662 New Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Hillside, IL
    As a former employee of AT&T Broadband, which is now Comcast, I can write a novel on the rants I have about the cable industry.

As for not beig able to get the package, from my understanding, unless they are swapping cable boxes, you should be the channels instantly once the package is in the system. That part of you not getting it until the 15th doesn't sound right. You might want to reinquire about that. I dropped my digital package when I no longer got the employee discount. I never watched it enough to pay for it.

14. IJS

IJS Member

Mar 28, 2000
    Naperville
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Thanks JDM. They didn't mention swapping my digital cable box and you'd think they'd not have to. Maybe they have to install something locally for everyone governed by the area I am in. They managed to switch us from bronze to plus and we now have a few extra channels but NO FSW !! I'll call tonight hopefully. Cheers