Columbus vs. New England [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by RightCorner, Oct 31, 2004.

1. The "tie but don't lose" mentality of the Crew finally caught up with them.

2. furryogre

furryogre New Member

Oct 13, 2004
    PA
    Re: Columbus Out!

Was just checking the box score - Andrulis didn't even START Buddle!

I had a funny feeling about this . . .
    I follow the NHL half-heartedly during the off-season and they award a trophy for best record also, called the President's Cup. They may as well call it the Kiss Of Death Cup - because rarely does the team with the best record win the Stanley Cup. (It's like once every 5 years - pretty poor odds.)
    That's the main reason I wasn't overly concerned about the Supporters' Shield. It's a consolation prize. Winning the MLS Cup is what matters. And with 8 teams in the playoffs, you don't even need a WINNING RECORD to take that one home!

3. MtMike

MtMike Member+

Nov 18, 1999
    the 417
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

For future reference an [R] in the title would be appropriate.

Certainly, I think we'd prefer the prospect of facing DC or NE rather than CLB in MLS cup, provided we get there.

Although NE always has a way of playing us tough.

4. Steve DuBois

Steve DuBois New Member

Apr 19, 2000
    Lenexa, KS

Not me. I wanted to face Columbus in the final to prove a point.

C'est la vie. I'd settle for stuffing it in the Galaxy's ear again. WAY in.

5. McGinty

McGinty Member

SKC/STL
    Aug 29, 2001
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City

He didn't start Buddle, and then subbed Martino out for Szetela. Mind boggling stuff there.

I didn't hear much from the supporters section, but after the Revs goal, I did hear a "Sack Andrulis" chant.

6. rallen

rallen New Member

Jun 5, 2003
    Shawnee, Ks

It really doesn't matter who won. The Wizards need to beat LA on Friday night. Then we can worry about who we would face.

GO WIZARDS!!!!!!!

7. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Don't post results in the title of a thread. Thread edited.

8. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City

and Gansler didn't even START Simutenkov.

You have to plan for 120 minutes. It's better to have offensive power fresh at the end, then to run them all ragged early.

9. McGinty

McGinty Member

SKC/STL
    Aug 29, 2001
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City

Does Buddle have fitness issues? I can understand not starting guys like Cunningham or Igor who have no prayer of going 90 minutes, let alone 120 because of injury problems.

As long as there wasn't some mystery injury/illness with Buddle, I can't understand why you'd take out someone like Buddle who was a big part of that unbeaten streak.

10. furryogre

furryogre New Member

Oct 13, 2004
    PA

But we haven't seen Igor play even 90 all season, so that's understandable. The comparison I drew here was if, this past Saturday, if Gansler had started Matt Taylor instead of Josh. It just blew my mind that, down a goal, he'd sit one of their top scorers! Heck, UP two goals, the Quakes had DeRo and Ching up top with LD at A-Mid.

And yeah, I know, it's one of those coaching decisions that, if it works, makes him look like a genius; if it doesn't work, makes him look terrible. (If you take a look at some of the Crew threads . . . man, there are some p.o.'ed fans . . .)

11. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. A lot of people, me included, were puzzled when Bob started Khari Stephenson in Game 2. But wouldn't you it, he came through and made Bob look like a genius.

Of course, compared to Andrulis most anyone looks like a genius. Mosey on over to the Crew board. If I was Andrulis, I go on a long vacation. Those people are seriously pissed. And some of them are sober. too.