Columbus Crew Equipment Sale

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by fidlerre, Dec 2, 2004.

1. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please tell me someone who is familiar with the thread purchased that baby.

2. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    Personally I was tempted to get the...

Poland

It was this years yellow jersey with all patches.

Anyone have a clue what that was for?

3. Pauncho

Pauncho Member+

Mar 2, 1999
    Bexley, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got a solid red short-sleeve Crew jersey. I have no memory of them ever wearing such a thing. Can anyone help me out here? It was in the bin with goalkeeper's jerseys, and it may be that some keeper sometime on a hot day wore a short-sleeve and I've just forgotten that.

4. Dave Brull

Dave Brull Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Mayfield Hts, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was that close...

5. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd lay off calling Greg Andrulis ugly names for three months for that Tennyson shirt.

I'd really miss typing "bearded 300 lb. vagina" but it's worth the price.

6. cleazer

cleazer Member+

May 6, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, that was just a short sleeve GK jersey. I got a couple neat looking GK jerseys myself.
    I also got jerseys for:
    Cunningham
    Barclay
    Duhaney
    Leitch
    Why? Because I wanted some Crew Long Sleeved jerseys, and I wound up getting 4 different kinds.

That Tennyson jersey was still there last time I looked. There were a pretty decent number of Scott, Torres, Clark, Dunseth, Chacon, and Napolean jerseys. Not many jerseys left for folks who are still with the team, though. By the time I got there, I didn't see any Martino, Buddle, Marshall, Hejduk, Szetela, Busch, Sanneh, or Paule jerseys. There were a bunch of Cunningham and Denton jerseys, though. And they had one really beat-up Wingert one.

Ian Woan was still sitting there on the rack, right next to that wonderful Crew Cat jersey. And there was one Iribarren jersey too. Didn't see anything fom Rzepa, though.

7. cleazer

cleazer Member+

May 6, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By the way, I wanted a Torres or Dunseth jersey too, but they were charging an extra $20 because those two were members of a national team. A guy who worked for the Crew mentioned that "guys like Torres and Chacon are $20 more expensive than Marshall, but that will change next month when Chad goes to the National Team camp".

I remember Chad was going to be in the November Nats camp/team, but got hurt in our last game. Its nice to see him getting another chance so soon.

8. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Possibly Poland Seminary HS?

Yeah, I saw the jerseys in the bin. They might have been practice jerseys at one time???

Yeah, for $60, the Tennyson jersey can be yours. They also had a number of Ueltshey jerseys, as well as Murragui, and some guy named Wanamaker.

I did see that Wingert jersey. Those letters looked 1-2 washings away from completely falling off.

I was almost half-tempted to buy that Crew Cat jersey. Wear that thing to a game with black shoes and black sweats, just to see what would happen. Heck, there were a lot that I wanted. But I feel like I got a steal. It's not every day you see a 1996 jersey with Snickers logo and name/number on the back. Or a short-sleeved Dunseth jersey for that matter.

9. myshap

myshap Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Gees...You've pretty much taken care of the line, "you can't even sniff a Crew players jock much less play soccer." with those purchases. You've completely covered your bases there Fid.

10. invalid

invalid Member

Apr 2, 2003
    Seattle
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    i thought they'd be cheaper *sigh*

i didn't have the $80 for a jersey, but i did get a hoodie

11. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You guys all suck. It's my wife's birthday this weekend, and I had to spend time with her instead of going to snag some cool swag.

12. Superdrew69

Superdrew69 Member

May 9, 2004
    The Ohio State Univ.
    The Tennyson jersey was still there an hour ago when I was there. They also had very nice warmup tops for $20 that I don't think they had yesterday.

13. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    You should've tried the ol' "I want to make you happy" routine, the one that ends with "and clearly, nothing makes you happier than seeing me happy." I've never tried it, but this guy I know in town here, who's a rich divorce lawyer, recommends that every guy try that on his wife's birthday.

14. CrewSchmack

CrewSchmack Member

Columbus Crew SC
    United States
    Mar 3, 1999
    Delaware, OH
    I have to admit, Kurt Ka-Boom was a great pop song writer. Don't think he would have ever admitted it, but he knew how to write good pop hooks.

Just look at Rape Me

15. crewzer1308

crewzer1308 New Member

May 11, 2004
    Ohio
    yea i got some great things for $100 as well.

16. Robb W

Robb W New Member

Jan 31, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Sounds like some of you got some pretty cool stuff. I'm glad I didn't go, though. I had thought the prices would be a lot cheaper and it sounds like that wasn't really case (at least for the jerseys).

17. Dave Brull

Dave Brull Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Mayfield Hts, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The prices were jerseys listed are for game worns. A new jersey with nothing cost $30. And you can get the numbers and letters put on if you want. I think the Burn fans know a place that does lettering for cheap with good results, but if you ask the Crew FO, maybe they can tell you where they get their jerseys done.

18. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    Yea, the jerseys were cheap unless you wanted a game-worn one. Of course those were a little more pricey but how often do you have a chance to pick up a Pato game-worn jersey?
    They do it in-house. I don't believe any store in Columbus has the official MLS lettering capability.

19. Chris_Bailey

Chris_Bailey Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Fid, any idea if they have any long-sleeve black jerseys from any era still for sale? I'd be glad to paypal someone if they can snag me one.

20. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    I think they had the black long-sleeve ones from last year with numbers & sponsor patch but no names.

21. cleazer

cleazer Member+

May 6, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got last years long sleeve black jersey with Cunningham on it, and I got the previous (1999-2001) long sleeve black jersey with Duhaney on it.

All this talk of jerseys reminds me: shouldn't we be hearing about a new jersey for next year sometime soon? I remember that last year around this time we saw that black jersey with the three large yellow vertical stripes that faded towards the bottom. Of course, the Crew apparently decided not to use it, but I'm sure we're due for a new design in 2005.

22. Pauncho

Pauncho Member+

Mar 2, 1999
    Bexley, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One of the front-office types told me that they had the machinery to put names and numbers on in the practice facility and would do so for ten bucks.

23. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS

I think he was crap. His lyrics meant nothing and his songs were boring.

24. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew

you are correct sir.

25. CrewSchmack

CrewSchmack Member

Columbus Crew SC
    United States
    Mar 3, 1999
    Delaware, OH
    You just proved my point. A great pop-song writer.