Columbus Complaints

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by yankeeRoyal, Sep 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spursfan1

Spursfan1 Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that shows how freaking loud it was there. I had such a blast the whole time.

2. Master O

Master O Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why is the sound so much different in the Spanish broadcasts over what ESPN does? Different microphones? Different placement of said microphones from how ESPN does it? I'm curious.

3. Spursfan1

Spursfan1 Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    afraid of the f word we sling around. I think mexico may just edit crowd noise over it possibly? Not sure.

4. yankeeRoyal

yankeeRoyal Member+

Feb 12, 2006
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    Bahia Salvador
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    much better camera angle. Guess I'll watch the spanish station 4 years from now.

5. yankeeRoyal

yankeeRoyal Member+

Feb 12, 2006
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    Bahia Salvador
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #205 yankeeRoyal, Sep 18, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
    I don't notice too much difference between the broadcasts. Neither are loud. How can I tell?
    1) The announcers don't have to shout.
    2) No one at the game is talking about how much their ears hurt afterwards.

As an aside. Being down on the field is the loudest part of any stadium (I think because every mouth is directed towards the pitch) so I'd imagine that on field mics are the loudest.

6. yankeeRoyal

yankeeRoyal Member+

Feb 12, 2006
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    Bahia Salvador
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO
    Nice try. ::golf clap::

8. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I choose to believe this was deliberate and brilliant rather than a mistake.

9. doogiemo

doogiemo Member

Aug 11, 2005
    ohh USA, USA USA USA
    Good to know somebody "got it" :) Funny how the OP keeps avoiding the question... LAME!

10. yankeeRoyal

yankeeRoyal Member+

Feb 12, 2006
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    Bahia Salvador
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perhaps it was a lame question? I ignore a lot of posts here and pass on a lot of self-evident questions directed at me.

11. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They had to be, otherwise we kick their butt

12. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    deuteronomy repped this.
  13. yankeeRoyal

yankeeRoyal Member+

Feb 12, 2006
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    Bahia Salvador
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #213 yankeeRoyal, Sep 19, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  14. bungadiri

Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Excellent. Thank you. And now that I've been nice enough to give you a chance to drop your bomb...again...you can drop the subject. Because there's no reason for you to do this

anymore. Because trolling is all it is.

15. yankeeRoyal

yankeeRoyal Member+

Feb 12, 2006
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    Bahia Salvador
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I'm "trolling" even when I'm right? Kafkaesque.

16. yankeeRoyal

yankeeRoyal Member+

Feb 12, 2006
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    Bahia Salvador
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1) It isn't a "bomb". It was published only yesterday, and was the 1st google option for "stadium acoustics".
    2) "I've been nice enough to give you a chance" huh?
    3) "Drop the subject" because everyone now understands that Columbus will never be loud? I doubt everyone else will be as quick as you to accept my argument. After all a moderator asserts that I "obviously don't understand acoustics" just a few pages back.

17. bungadiri

Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The OP was intended to antagonize people. The continuous introduction of non sequiturs (and discussing roofs in Seattle has no bearing on whether it was loud in Columbus--that was directly measured by the people there and the verdict is in: you lose) is also intended to antagonize people. The starting of red herrings (e.g. it will never be loud in Columbus) is intended to antagonize people. It's worked. It is time to stop.

Justin Z repped this.
  18. yankeeRoyal

yankeeRoyal Member+

Feb 12, 2006
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    Bahia Salvador
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can read my mind?
    I had three minor problems with Columbus as viewed from my TV. It isn't my fault that people got upset, nor was it my intent. I have been polite throughout, answered good questions, and further explained my three points.

I call that argument......not trolling.
    and I call what you're doing.....well, I won't presume to read your mind.

19. doogiemo

doogiemo Member

Aug 11, 2005
    ohh USA, USA USA USA
    effen figures! No wonder why you dodged the question as you knew your "quiet" complaint was automatically going to be LAME.

So it's YOUR fault it was quiet as you didn't do YOUR part to be there to help Cbus be loud (and with negative comments like yours, I'm happy you were watching it from your TV).

The fact that you had a chance to help out with your own complaints and didn't, makes you look well... don't think I have to spell it out and don't think we need the ability to read minds for people to realize what type of BS poster you are...

20. bungadiri

Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can read your posts and they are consistently subversive. Which is fine--even fun at times and valuable at other times--within limits. When you start a thread to air a set of trivial complaints about a venue that has just hosted a very successful match, taking care to transplant some hot button issues from other threads, I think it's fair to wonder if your purpose is to puncture the celebration rather than actually make points you care about. But fine, we let it go for a while.

And you do make an argument. The problem is it's being prosecuted in a manner designed to prolong it, without good reason. You are not arguing that emeralds are grue. You are not fighting the power. You're picking nits: bad camera angles, poorly sung anthem, and you didn't hear the support on the TV in the same way that people who were there actually heard it. Still, let's call that fine. It's the fact that you're picking nits ad nauseum that's making this particular life guard blow his whistle and tell you to take a break. Too much horseplay; please exit the pool carefully. Now's a nice time to get a nutty buddy or some fruit snacks and sit on your blanket for a while.

I think this thread has run its course.

pookspur and jackiesdad repped this.
  21. Billy South Philly

Jan 28, 2013
    Newtown Square, PA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Trolololol

22. yankeeRoyal

yankeeRoyal Member+

Feb 12, 2006
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    Bahia Salvador
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you feel you must close this thread, I think Billy South Philly should have the last word. :)