Post-match: Colorado Rapids - San Jose Earthquakes (Wednesday, 9/23) postgame thread [R]

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Goodsport, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    QUOTE="SalinasQuakesFan, post: 38976207, member: 166861"]Last time i checked that doesn't add up to 10.[/QUOTE]

I've said it multiple times, and if you continue reading I gerbally say he has 4 more to go to reach 10 so we will see.

2. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

Beerking, SalinasQuakesFan and bsman repped this.
  3. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    [​IMG]

markmcf8 and Beerking repped this.
  4. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Is that our new keeper? Kind of cute!

markmcf8, Beerking and Honore de Ballsac repped this.
  5. Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Meant generally. Hard to type with acrylic nails I apologize Grammar Wizard Sir.

Defender and markmcf8 repped this.
  6. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, and could you be a little more careful of your use of their, I mean there, or is that they're?:D

7. Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Toucheeeeeee

8. SalinasQuakesFan

Mar 27, 2010
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I've said it multiple times, and if you continue reading I gerbally say he has 4 more to go to reach 10 so we will see.[/QUOTE]

You said. "He is the first keeper to go winless in his first 10 matches." It doesn't matter if you ad the gerbally or not. He can not "be the first keeper to go winless in his first 10 matches" as he has not played 10 yet. If AFTER he has played 10 then your statement may be true.

9. Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You said. "He is the first keeper to go winless in his first 10 matches." It doesn't matter if you ad the gerbally or not. He can not "be the first keeper to go winless in his first 10 matches" as he has not played 10 yet. If AFTER he has played 10 then your statement may be true.[/QUOTE]

So as I said... he is the FIRST keeper to go winless in 10 matches, BUT he may after 10 we will see, He's also one of the few who's gone winless in his first 5. He's not a very technically sound goalkeeper and not a franchise player or the solution to our keeper woes. I personally think it would be more detrimental to his development if he gets thrown to the wolves and lit up like a Christmas tree. Keepers are judged on there stats, records and performances. You see decently prospective keepers and solid keepers have some shitty ass years and then fall into the oblivion. I don't want to see this abysmal club churn his possible potential he may have with getting lit up, then his stock is so low because he's winless and a outrages GAA, and let JT try to earn it next season then give him a full year, then have the stigma of 'they changed keepers but it didn't help them at all' following him.

I'd rather have Vega get clapped the rest of the year, then ruin anyone else, unless we pick up a solid MLS veteran via trade or free agency then it's not worth it. Tyler Deric, Chris Konopka, Brian Rowe, Joe Bendik, Jeff Attinella, and Kyle Reynish would be an upgrade from all 3 clowns we have.

The only guy who should be considered to return to this team at this point is Cowell, while Lima, Yuiell and probably Thompson should be traded to try and salvage there careers, the rest can be sacked.

Find something else to nit pick.

10. SoccerMan94043

SoccerMan94043 Member+

May 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guinea Pigs are not Gerbils. Lemmiwinks was a Gerbil though.

[​IMG]

Defender, bsman, markmcf8 and 2 others repped this.
  11. Quakes05

Quakes05 Member+

Oct 1, 2005
    birthplace of MLS

gerbil.png
    huh? still not making sense.

SalinasQuakesFan and markmcf8 repped this.
  12. Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Means he has 4 games to go if he wins then he's not a dunce, but if he loses or tied the next four he's the first winless keeper in his first 10 outtings.

13. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #140 markmcf8, Sep 27, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
    Could just be that the defensive line in front of him is crap too.

Some years back, when the ForestKillers were still in USL they had a keeper named Wicks. The fans waxed on rhapsodically about how great he was, and he was a good shot stopper. But then, some fan did some research and it turned out that Wicks had faced nearly 40% fewer shots than any other keeper in the league. The truth was that the backline and d-mids were studs, and Wicks was merely OK.

And we Quakesfans have been spoiled by a long list of awesome keepers: Joe Cannon, Pat Onstad, Jon Busch, even Bingham had a good run for us. So Vega looks like crap in comparison. And truly, he's nothing like as good as Cannon, Onstad, or Busch, or even Bingham when he's on his game. Tarbell has looked better in recent outings.

But in large part, the defensive line in front of Vega is garbage. Our dudes are slow, overwhelmed, and confused about their assignments. No keeper is going to look good for us right now, not even a vintage Pat Onstad or Joe Cannon at the very best.

Our defense is dreadful and that's the biggest part of the problem.

[​IMG]

Go Quakesfans!!

- Mark

mjlee22 repped this.
  14. Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Josh Wicks? He sucked ass, was on cocaine, started a fight with Josh Saunders with the Galaxy and was sent to DC, got in a fight with someone there and that was the end of Josh Wicks, He sucked more then Vega.

And yes we've always been spoiled with good goalkeepers, but even with our shit ass back line in 97, 98 and 00, we didn't leak goals like we are, and Thornton/Kennedy didn't leak goals with the abysmal Chivas USA final years. Goalkeepers can prevent the blowouts and at least keep losses respectable. I'd accept that for this year.

I would take Kramer, Liner, Salzwedel and Kirk over the jack ass we have now.

And with a shitty backline, why would we throw someone into the fire pit and expect anything different? Especially a keeper who does have a high window of potential and expectation only to be destroyed?

15. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes

I know, but I've got a thing for piggies.

markmcf8 repped this.
  16. Quakes05

Quakes05 Member+

Oct 1, 2005
    birthplace of MLS

I thought the whole White Album was amazing.

markmcf8 repped this.
  17. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I loved that album when it first came out. Awesome stuff. Still love it.

Quakes05 repped this.
  18. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well then within the next 14 days we will see if anyone else has it that have been exposed to the rapids.

People are fools if they didn't think it would start spreading in sports

TyffaneeSue repped this.
  20. mjlee22

mjlee22 Quake & Landon fan

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And that article says that
    • all the infected staff were at the COLvSJ game
    • the game was on Tues, and by THURS there were 3 positives
    • by Sunday the total was 10
    I think as of last night, the total positives now number 3 players + 10 staff...

edit - positives were found on thurs not friday. Friday was when they announced their Sunday game was postponed

21. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2+9 confirmed by the team in a press release last night

22. Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It'll be interesting to see if any are developed in 14 days-ish. I hope no one was infected on the Quakes.

23. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    I don’t think we were chasing them close enough to get sick. ;)

mjlee22 and JazzyJ repped this.