Colorado games - quasi real time updates

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Chamo, Sep 1, 2002.

1. DigitalTron

DigitalTron New Member

Apr 4, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Sorry about the result. :( I was really pulling for you guys.

Johnson scored, now will some of the naysayers realize that the guy needs some playing time?

I was wrong about Jeffries playing the youngsters for the Open Cup. With a veteran back line I doubt that you let in 3 goals, probably only one in fact.

Being realistic, if the starters play the Open Cup, they'll be very very tired for the following game only a few days later. Playing the youngsters in this match only reduces your chances at home for the game following the Open Cup. Considering the Burn are great at home, I would have liked to see the first team defense playing in the first and third game rather than 2nd and 3rd. It probably would have won you the Supporters Shield IMHO.

The Rookies wouldn't have matched up too poorly against LA. LA has a slow back line so Johnson would have been a good fit. Bussey would have been a good attacking option against LA because of his speed. Considering Elliott is essentially a second Dmid, Dallas wouldn't be as pressed at right back defensively agaisnt LA.

Anyway, onto the next goal ... beat LA ... please.

-Tron

2. oman

oman Member

Jan 7, 2000
    South of Frisconsin
    Was the percentage possession really that bad?

This game sounds like a positive in everything but the score.

3. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No offense, but this wasn't exactly our A team either. We were missing Garlick, Stewart and Kotschau, and this was Spencer's first action in over a month. At this point I'd still have to favor Dallas in the series (Man, that hurts to say) but "no trouble sweeping them in the playoffs" is more than a bit optimistic.

4. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd have to agree. Playing 2 or 3 straight is always harder than beating a team every time during a season but spread out. Dallas should be heavy favorites if they meet Colorado because of the season series but things don't always work out like they appear they should.

5. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well man, we were missing most of our team. Plus I think Kramer is better against Dallas than Garlick is.

BTW, is the playoff format the same as it was the past 2 years? man that was gay. Sorry to ask on here but if I ask on the MLS board they'll yell at me for not remembering.

6. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Nov 24, 1999
    Tianjin, China
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As much as it pains me to write and think it, Dallas has team chemistry. As a country before club guy I am pleased to see Johnson showing well and Stone didn't have to bad of game either.

Good luck in the playoffs.

7. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, although now we've got 2 conferences instead of 3 divisions. Each playoff series is still "first to 5".

HalaMadrid's put together an excellent thread where you can see the possible playoff matchups, remaining opponents, etc.

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11356

8. Jambon

Jambon Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Austin, TX
    We're in deep sh!t for the NY game.

We'll be missing Martinez, and the entire rest of the squad will be completely trashed from playing a game two days before. Add to that, NY is one of the best road teams in the league and fighting for playoff life. I guess if we hold out Bonseau and Cerritos from the Open Cup, we'll have 2 guys on the field with any legs at all.

Damned Open Cup! If we don't win that thing, our whole season will have been flushed down the toilet because of it.

9. Jacen McCullough

Nov 23, 1998
    Maryland
    As much as I'd love to agree with you Jambon, I just can't. Not as long as OZ is the coach. Dallas will see the same thing every other team has seen this season. A team in a strange lopsided formation, with alot of talent. Unfortunately, that talent argues amongst themselves (particularly the strikers, although the D gripe at each other alot too.), and seems either confused or just plain disinterested on the field. Diallo may or may not play due to some phantom injury he received against LA, Ramos is still a "who knows" and at this point we're not even sure if Marcelo Balboa exists. Craig Ziadie is suspended for the Dallas match due to the red card, and it seems that whenever the Metro needs to get a result, they cough up a loss. As such, as much as I'd love to say that the Metros are dominant on the road and are going to pull together and win one to ensure the playoffs, I know that the reality probably lies more along the lines of Dallas is one of, if not the best team in the league, and even with a few players out, my team will likely be lucky to leave with 1 point.

JMac
    Ticked off and fed up Metrofan

10. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Come on man, don't get so down on the team. We have our best squad since '99. We will blow by the Metros like nothing. The team is in shambles, Diallo probably won't play because of a weird injury and BTW him and Mathis were getting in eachothers faces, they aren't gonna play as a team. There is too many ego's on that team. OZ just sits and watches his team go further and further down the crapper, I'm predicting the Metro's will loose their playoff spot to NE actually. Look, we almost pulled off a good result with a rookie team last night just think what a half veteran half rookie team can do to a team falling apart. It'll be ok.

11. Jacen McCullough

Nov 23, 1998
    Maryland
    It's official. Diallo is out for 2-4 weeks with a high ankle sprain. He will not be playing on Thursday. Ramos is being evaluated over the next 48 hours, and he might see minutes, although it's VERY unlikely Tab will start, if he plays at all. This could be looked at in two different ways. It could help Dallas, in that a player like Diallo is off the field. Whatever else Diallo is, he is also one good goalscorer. On the other hand, without Diallo, OZ only has one other option, and that's to play Mathis and Faria up front. That would rid the team of the ridiculous 4-3-3 formation they played against DC and LA. Mathis will play further upfield, and the Diallo's spot on the field will likely go to Brad Davis (who should have been starting anyway). Addo may take Ziadie's place on the field, which would strengthen the defense. The only big question mark is right midfield. This injury could end up being the best thing to happen to the Metros, as it might force OZ to play a normal formation for a change due to personnel.

JMac