Colombianos en el Calcio

Discussion in 'CONMEBOL' started by Mario, Jul 23, 2002.

1. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Well I don't care for them and younger Colombians should go to better leagues. Let the old ones go to MLS.

2. chibchab

chibchab Member

Jul 8, 2002
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLS is the league of the future in COncacaf, they need players like Gio. Young COlombians have already started to come here betting on MLS. Pelusa Perez, Henry Zambrano, Arley Palacios, Serna, and others.

USA, especially after the US NATS WC performance, is increasingly a nice destination for young S. American players, especially with teams in Argentina having trouble paying players.

3. chibchab

chibchab Member

Jul 8, 2002
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cuanto puede valer Chitiva el de Pachuca?

Hiso gol en la gira que hace Pachuca en Espana, un golazo contra Ososuna. Haque ha generado interes.

4. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Still if a Colombian is going to play in CONCACAF league it would be better for him to play in Mexico which is a better league than the MLS. None of the Colombians that you have mentioned that play in MLS are going to get a shot at the national team.

5. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  6. chibchab

chibchab Member

Jul 8, 2002
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not all promising Colombians are going to get a shot in Mexico, there will be plenty that can come here, make the league better, make good money, and give their families a great life.

I don't think a player should only consider his national team career when looking at club offers either.

YOu know 'el pibe' was being called to the nats, and he plays here, Zambrano had his Nats stint around the time he came here, etc.

Besides, that perception of MLS being a poor league will soon be gone with.

7. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I thought only the top stars made 250,000 if it is about money than Mexico is still better. Sure El Pibe was pn the national team but it was not because of his play in MLS. He could of been playing anywere and played on the national team. I don't care if average Colombinas come to the MLS but the ones that have a shot at the national team should try and play in better leagues.

8. NACIONAL

NACIONAL New Member

Dec 31, 2001
    Medellin, Colombia
    Valderrama is too OLD... even for MLS I think....

9. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He might be to old but he is still a all star.

10. NACIONAL

NACIONAL New Member

Dec 31, 2001
    Medellin, Colombia
    well he still have flashes of good passing, and i think that he deserves a good spot in the hall of fme of the colombian soccer ... but i think its time for him to retire..

11. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    well i believe next year will be his last. The americans want to put him in the American Soccer hall of fame aslo.

12. NACIONAL

NACIONAL New Member

Dec 31, 2001
    Medellin, Colombia
    well i don't know if there is a hall of fame here in colombia... but if that exists valderrama should be there.....

yeahhh i think that this is his last year

13. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He needs to retire soon so he can take up coaching.

14. chibchab

chibchab Member

Jul 8, 2002
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLS pace of play is a bit slower than other leagues so Pibe is still effective, although as always he sometimes walks through parts of games.

I saw the Rapids-San JOse game this weekend and Pibe still lays down some mean passes, he had an assist and hit the woodwork.

I really hope promising Colombians like Gio, and Betancourt end up here in MLS.

15. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Why wouldn't you want them to go to better leagues? That is what suprises me. Do you think the MLS is better than the Colombian league?

16. chibchab

chibchab Member

Jul 8, 2002
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been seeing Colombian league games recently through direct tv and I'm convinced that COlombian league soccer is not too much better than MLS.

In Colombian teams you see alot of individual flair that only now do you start seeing here ala Mastroeni, Mathis, Davis, Chung players that don't look to pass the ball like a hot potato but rather take players on and dribble past them.

There is alot of discipline in MLS teams and the level of play is quickly catching up with latin leagues. The pace is picking up here and I would dare say that most MLS teams could compete with most Colombian teams

How do you compare these two leagues?

17. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I never watch the MLS so I don't know much about it. When I was abel to watch the Colombian league I enjoyed it. The thing is the Colombina league has a better track record of developing players and putting them with better clubs. All i know is that the MLS clubs could not compete with the Colombian squads in the Merconorte last year.

18. chibchab

chibchab Member

Jul 8, 2002
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    where do you live sid?

Why don't you take the time to watch an MLS game, it can't hurt and you may be surprised.

Metros competed with Millos last year in the Merconorte they barely. Metros where just beat out by Millos to go to the second round but both teams played like crap against each other.

19. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I live in Westchester. I have tried watching it but just cannot get into it.

20. chibchab

chibchab Member

Jul 8, 2002
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe we can meet up a Giants Stadium this post season.

21. chibchab

chibchab Member

Jul 8, 2002
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Talking about Colombians in 'la Serie A' it looks like Ivan Ramiro will be in the Champions league this year. Inter is beating Sporting Lisboa 2-0 well into the second half.

22. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Any word on Ronaldo? Is he playing?

23. chibchab

chibchab Member

Jul 8, 2002
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Inter had announced a few days ago that 'el malagradecido' wouldn't be playing.

24. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Have you ever checked out this page.

http://livescore.com/

Oh ya a big no no on bigsoccer is revealing a score of a game unless the thread title has a (R) for result. Say I was taping the game and u reveled the score I might get pissed at you. It is about one of the biggest no no out there.

25. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Another thing never ever post the result in a title of a thread.