Colombian National Team General Thread

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by sidspaceman, May 18, 2015.

1. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

dapip repped this.
  2. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yeah that's a maybe.

Hence why I was surprised with the amount of games that he had been involved in that FIFA would possibly just disqualify Ecuador; had it been a few matches then I would genuinely believe that they would only punish Ecuador for said games but 8 is a lot.

3. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I know Ecuadorians are pissed, and they are calling everyone PETTY for this action.

In defense, I think any FA would sue over alleged cheating. Imagine if Gareth Bale and Andrew Robertson would play for England without the proper paper work. UEFA/the press would have a storm.

crzdcolombian repped this.
  4. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You're not wrong; the more that is looked into this, the more issues goes against Ecuador should the claims be true about them using an illegal player. The fact that they could have possibly committed fraud on purpose and tried hard to hide it worsens than simply "using a player that shouldn't have played".

This can escalate to something ugly for them especially.

5. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I saw this online. Seems like it was confirmed.

“In 2017, Castillo was separated from the Ecuador under-20 squad, after allegations that he was born in Tumaco, a Colombian city nearing the border of Ecuador. He was accused of adulterating his birth documentation in January 2019, and this issue kept him out of any Ecuadorian national teams.

In February 2021, an investigation started to determine if Castillo was Ecuadorian or Colombian. Finally, on 24 April of that year, his Ecuadorian nationality was confirmed. In May 2022, the Chilean Football Federation submitted a complaint to FIFA about Castillo's nationality, alleging that he was born in Tumaco, Colombia in July 1995.”

https://www.eltelegrafo.com.ec/noti...la-nacionalidad-ecuatoriana-de-byron-castillo

6. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yeah but there's apparently also claims of fraud with false paperwork even in Ecuador as its seemingly inconclusive and since Chile sent FIFA some stuff and Colombia began to verify some things on our end; we have been passive about it.

7. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    couldnt they just make him Ecuadorian?

I mean who cares…. Also why is Colombia getting involved if this doesn’t help us at all.

unless it’s Colombia vs Chile in a play off game but that doesn’t seem fair either

should be Ecuador or Australia.

8. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

That's the thing: they seemingly didn't even naturalized him...that would have explained and fixed all these issues.

Also, it can help us if FIFA does disqualify Ecuador entirely which Peru wants because then they would move up into automatic qualification rather than doing the playoff match; we would move up and take the playoff spot.

9. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    C'mon FIFA! Don't you want Luis Diaz in Qatar? :)

dapip and crzdcolombian repped this.
  10. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    needs to be as soon as possible because SA should be DQ’d if they don’t play the play off

I don’t see it being fair tho Ecuador beat us by 5 goals and Was 6+ points above Chile.

teams shouldn’t get in with lawyers

11. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Honestly, it's scary but that's a very possible way for them to be biased towards Colombia; in the world of football, politics tends to turn towards players and the nation that they are from depending on the situation. Isn't it funny that we had so many Copa Americas and now the UEFA Nations League? Seems like they wanted certain players to reach more chances for glory on the national side....

12. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    If FIFA disqualifies Ecuador (which is something Chile doesn't want), they could replace them with any team of any Confederation and Conmebol would lose the spot for the next WC.

FIFA's highest ranked, not qualified team is currently Italy, whom most likely would get that spot.

Only chance for Peru, is that FIFA resolves to have them play another playoff match against Chile, where whom wins gets Ecuador's automatic spot and placed in group 1 of the WC (Netherlands, Senegal and Qatar), and whom loses must afterwards play the intercontinental playoff against a team from Asia, for the spot that will be placed in group 4 of the WC (France, Denmark and Tunisia), but for doing this FIFA will have to resolve the issue doing something they have never done before (which is only grant points and no goals on Ecuador's forfait matches). Both Peru and Chile would be tied on points.

Real chances, regarding this case for Colombia are null. Player didn´t even play a single minute against you guys. And Colombia is not a higher ranked team either.

Only real chance for Colombia, comes if together with this issue involving Ecuador, FIFA decides to also take it on Iran and decides to disqualify them from the WC after the incidents that involved their team in a match against Lebanon, where women that had their tickets for the match were not allowed to enter into the stadium, as disqualified teams can get replaced by any team from any Confederation (same issue as for Italy), and Colombia in FIFA's ranks comes next.

13. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    If it gets ruled against Ecuador, it is because they cheated.

You still prefer CHEATER to get what they were after by cheating.

Anyone, except Ecuador should be in their place.

14. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I think he meant Chile or Australia

15. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    (Sorry for quoting your same post again).

The problem in which Byron is in, if he were really colombian and would've asked to be naturalized as ecuadorian, which seems to be his easiest way to solve his situation, is not as simple as it seems, as before doing so, he must first recognize he entered in Ecuador and played federative football with adulterated documents, which in Ecuador, the same as in many countries is not a simple felony, but a crime of about the most serious type of crime. People who do that, almost all the times get expelled from the country without any possibility to appeal and with restraining order at international police to never even try to enter Ecuador again. His life in Ecuador would get ruined for ever.

And concerning football as an activity, with ruined papers as those he would get if this type of crime existed, you can´t play anywhere on regards to federative type of football.

Unfortunately for him, he is stuck with his lie, and given his choices, he can´t get out of it.

Poor guy, I can´t say I don't feel any empathy towards him at a personal level.

If there is any hate in me, regarding to this case, it goes to those corrupt and malicious people who got him into this crime, as they will probably never really face any punishment and will continue destroying young peoples lives.....:ninja::mad:

Froboy69 and RafaLarios repped this.
  16. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    If this happened to chile and one of your players lied would you feel the same?

ban the player. Also chile making it after finishing as badly as they did is utter bs.

colombia is next and not because I’m Colombian. They had more points. Even then Ecuador beat us 6-1!!! Without this fking guy.

it just feels like a Karen is mad a black kid is in a public pool

the play off team that 5th place should play Peru automatically qualify. Peru automatically qualifies.

letting Colombia, chile, Italy or Real Madrid take Ecuador’s spot on a crazy technicality that took how many Games? 14? And qualifiers to be over to come up. Is total and utter BS

Forza Ecuador

17. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Sure, in my case I don't feel bad when the truth comes out.
    I would probably not like it, but will accept it.

I don't agree with you., as we only got aware about this whole issue after one of your national reporters started talking about it a few days back in time.
    Till that moment we always believed that we were rightfully eliminated from the WC.

exactly, and that is preciselly the reason why Colombia can't get anything related to this whole case.

No cheat was done on Colombia.

In any case, there are others diferent to Chile that can still get that spot : Italy
    All depends how FIFA dictaminates how to punish Ecuador's guilt.

If they get disqualified, Italy will celebrate
    Only if matches are declared forfeit, Chile has a chance.

18. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ecuador has 26 points
    Peru 24
    Colombia 23
    Chile 19

chile tied and lost. So 5 points lost

just seems insane for chile to leap frog 3 teams.

I mean it’s not going to happen and they have been mentioning it for a while it’s just ESPN finally talked about it.

but the sketchy this guy had a dead brother with the same name is super odd.

19. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    If the case goes Chile´s way, Ecuador will leap frog 6 teams. Only downwards instead

And more sketchy is that the suposed dead brother, was born the same day and month of the year as him.
    ( a diference of age of exactly 3 years).

Truth is, I also don't expect much from this case, but as hope is for free and I don't have anything else at present times on regards to next WC, so I will stick to it till the last day, this case finally finishes.

Tio Nicci and J-Mezzy repped this.
  20. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Think it needs to be settled before the playoff or basically SA didn’t show up and is DQ’d

to me this is our version of Iran can’t go because they didn’t let women into the stadium so Italy is going to go :)

but fifa and comenbol is crazy corrupt fking Brazil/Argentina game never happened.

21. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Everyone loves Lucho Diaz!

22. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Reading that guys twitter thread this seems like it will give Colombia a chance here. FIFA has discretion to handle this how they want, forfeiting 8 games is a nightmare since it would have affected the competition greatly, people would have made different calculations etc and the whole tournament would have been different, so going back its kind of unfair with that many games involved. It seems unlikely that makes a ton of sense, either way Ecuador would be out so I don't know why they would care if they get the hammer.

I don't think FIFA can add in a non SA team, it makes absolutely no sense that SA countries suffered the brunt of this and we don't lose a potential spot to the World Cup. Also FIFA is corrupt so idk, they'll likely make a decision on what benefits the bottom line $, and tbh Colombia is a much bigger country then Chile and a bigger draw at a World Cup, I could see lean to rule in our favor for that reason as well, so logically I think we have a chance here if there is something there that can be proven.

23. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    A summer mini repechaje playoffs

colombia
    Chile
    Italy