COLOMBIA vs. USA (California friendly) -r-

Discussion in 'Colombia' started by efernandez9, Mar 8, 2005.

1. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    ok, i'm not even saying anything against the US, they have improved a lot, in soccer there are no longer small rivals, and that's seen more and more, Henao was pathetic in that game. Higuita wasn't pathetic, he was awesome when he wanted, he may no have been as technical as today's keepers, but we was an excellent shot stopper and was very confident when stepping out of the area. Now stop offending cause no one has called you names.

2. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Because the American Embassy won't issue them Visas LOL:D. And you think that the INS don't do their job!!!!

Fairly I think that that's not a fair game to be called. Too many issues on both sides. I would say that the main reason that this USA team outplayed Colombia is because they have been playing together for 3 weeks now, they train together, they eat together, they see videos together, some of them sleep together.... Colombia C was assembled overnight and most of them have never played together, on top of that Rueda insist on going with Henao who lost his touch (like 12 goals in his last 3 or 4 starts). USA team is a B team, with lot of practice. I'm not sure who repeated from that game against Mexico, but we can check...

3. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    New for this game:

Camilo Zúñiga, César Fawcett, John Viáfara,Juan Carlos Henao,Julián De La Cuesta

Played against Mexico, but not USA

Léider Preciado, Julián Anchico,Edwin García

Played in both games (except Breiner who was sub against USA)

Aquivaldo Mosqueda,Breiner Castillo,Edixon Perea,Héctor Hurtado,Humberto Mendoza,John Restrepo, Juan Carlos Ramírez,Luis Gabriel Rey,Víctor Pacheco

Kind of worries me a little:eek:

4. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    the last 2 comments made a lot of sense!

I just ended digesting this game.... hard to take it but, we got man-handled by arena's boys! Yes ....MLS boys

3 weeks of practice and all, but both federation Knew with plenty of time about this game. I wonder who the agent was that signed this contract between federations, there was no money to be made here!

the game was not even broadcasted to colombia, no TV rights gains for anyone, attendance was a simple 7k instead of 10k...(projected)....shittte, there was not even a radio broadcast in colombia to follow this sparring contest.

I wonder what did cocah Rueda got out the 3-0? a call up for zuniga and rodallega? the only sub20 of the team..... guys, I am just trying to ook behind the scenes for answers, do you care to speculate?

5. dmike

dmike Member

Jul 7, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know that is a confusing part. We do play in a weak conference (concacaf), yet our individual soccer has improved sooo much compared to Mexico,CR or Honduras. Soccer has only set its mark in the US when the MLS started which was like 9yrs ago. So in under 10yrs we have developed good talent under mediocre competition in a country that doesnt have soccer as a priority. BUT if you go to states like Ohio,Utah,Indiana,Seattle,Chicago or the NewEngland area, soccer is a bit more popular within "Americans". So I wouldnt say we dont develop soccer players cause it's not in TV and the MLS is weak. Remember, America produces the best athletes in the world (speed,agility,endurance,skill) something guys like Beasly,Johnson,Dovanon or other regulars have. Infact theirs never been more Youth Soccer leagues in the US than now. The great signs about this, is our regulars now play in Europe which will only help US in the long run.

So dont believe everything you see. GL to Columbia in their WCQ though.

6. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    they also produce 'stereoids'

soccer rules! baseball is too long, ovalball is for fatman in thighs!

7. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    here is the promoter, same one that is promiting colombia - england: Soccer United Marketing

8. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    maybe that was the deal: " play in Fullerton vs USA, yaep .....I Know is a college pitch, but If you take 70% of the team that just tied in mexico.....you guys will do fine, get 4 new visas and travel......no time for team making? who cares (there will be no TV or radio stations invited), I will get you a game in NJ vs england's based players......you will be alright, señor astudillo"

scrips from a taped convesation last month in the colombian federation :(

9. Shaster

Shaster Member+

Apr 13, 1999
    El Cerrito, CA, USA
    In this line up, Mastronei is a key player in US midfield after Reyna and O'Brien. But since both of them are always injuired, so Mastronei should count at least a A/B player. Clint Dempsey is a young kid and new comer, so he will start most of friendlies to accumulate experiences. He may become a sub for A team. Eddie Johnson is only 20 years old and a new comer, but he is a superstar in making. With his scoring rates (6 goals in 4 consecutive WCQ games), he will be A team starter.

10. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    Re: COLOMBIA vs. USA under20 yr olds

next game colombia vs USA: in 40or 50 days at Lockhart stadium in Florida

sub20 teams in their way to WC youth in Holland

see you there!

11. minus

minus Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Portugal
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Re: COLOMBIA vs. USA under20 yr olds

Awsome!!!!

I get to see them live!

12. aragrev

aragrev New Member

Apr 23, 2004
    Southern California
    Hey save me a ticket if I come out. Never been to Miami!

13. Solid444

Solid444 Member+

Jun 21, 2003
    I really dont want the respect of fans of a team that got spanked by some random U.S. players

Maybe the reason why Colombia doesnt get anywhere as a team is because its people like to shoot their own players and coaches.

14. no colombia has ever shot there own players or coaches

we dont know what your talking about

15. shadrach

shadrach Goldenchild

Jan 19, 2002
    quit being nosy...
    Uncalled for and insensitive...

Really, why bring that up?

16. the fact also that such things have never happened

colombia y tu?

17. dmike

dmike Member

Jul 7, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    doubt anyone needs to have a body like Barry Bonds

18. jinks

jinks New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    London, England
    download the USA vs Colombia game from USA94.

you need to know how to use the BITTORRENT downloading network. if you dont, read about it, just search it on google.

i suggest to use ABC client. and the actual torrent (with the game on) can be watched on your computer with the divx codec.

http://torrents.huntparkinsider.com/stats.html?info_hash=3a751d64a0e6886d2944d7574fa72123c9d78397

click download torrent at top.

yo lo baje y me da recuerdos de ese dia y lo que le paso a Andres. no hera la cuelpa pero asi es la vida.

19. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Re: download the USA vs Colombia game from USA94.

coo. thanx for the info :)

20. aragrev

aragrev New Member

Apr 23, 2004
    Southern California
    Thank you Shadrach, that really was uncalled for..

21. I think that we should request efernandez delete that post