COLOMBIA vs. USA (California friendly) -r-

Discussion in 'Colombia' started by efernandez9, Mar 8, 2005.

1. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
    so stop wetting your panties over it, fahg

2. Toolhead

Toolhead Member

Jul 6, 2003
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Like it said, it was any big deal, we should beat Paraguay, just pointing out your errors.

3. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
    wrong dude, kid.

i could give two fucqs about paraguay, amish-boy

4. Toolhead

Toolhead Member

Jul 6, 2003
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union

Who the hell is gloating??? We beat a glorified U-20 side, we're just pointing out this was like our D team with alot of players under 23. I think you guys never send your A sides, cause that way you have a built in excuse. Rather make excuses than suffer a blow to your ego.

5. Toolhead

Toolhead Member

Jul 6, 2003
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Amish-boy? that's new, lame but new.

6. johnnyboy123

johnnyboy123 Red Card

Mar 10, 2005
    call us when your wife needs a little

boooom chaka chaka chaka chaka boom

7. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
    a d-team, son?

that's fucqing lame.

8. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It wasent your WC squad but it was your starters, You had all your starters in that game

These are the starters for that game...

Goalkeepers (2): Joe Cannon (out of contract), Kasey Keller (Tottenham Hotspur)
    Defenders (5): Carlos Bocanegra (Chicago Fire), Dan Califf (Los Angeles Galaxy), Cory Gibbs (FC St. Pauli), Frankie Hejduk (Columbus Crew), Greg Vanney (FC Bastia)
    Midfielders (7): DaMarcus Beasley (Chicago Fire), Bobby Convey (D.C. United), Eddie Lewis (Preston North End), Pablo Mastroeni (Colorado Rapids), Richard Mulrooney (San Jose Earthquakes), Claudio Reyna (Sunderland), Earnie Stewart (D.C. United)
    Forwards (4): Landon Donovan (San Jose Earthquakes), Clint Mathis (MetroStars), Brian McBride (Columbus Crew), Josh Wolff (Kansas City Wizards)

These where the starters for one of your first qualifying games

2. HEJDUK Frankie
    3. VANNEY Greg
    4. BOCANEGRA Carlos
    7. ARMAS Chris
    10. REYNA Claudio
    13. STEWART Earnie
    17. BEASLEY DaMarcus
    18. KELLER Kasey
    21. DONOVAN Landon
    23. POPE Eddie
    25. MCBRIDE Brian

Almost the same squad, so nice try pal.. but i aint gonna argue about this all over again cause its a waiste of time, the only idiot here is you if you claim a team with Donovan, Beasley, Bocanegra, McBride, etc in it is a B-team.. when the USA plays Paraguay, Colombia, or any other South American team with their full squad then we'l talk.

9. SoccerFreak

SoccerFreak Member

Oct 18, 2000
    Portland, OR
    Clint Mathis, Eddie Johnson, Mastroeni and Ralston are D team players? The only players that were completely inexperienced at the national level was the defense, except for Albright. I'm also saying there were more players with international experience on the US squad last night than the Colombian squad, regardless of them being A,B,C, or whatever.

The US isn't a victim of some kind of conspiracy where European and South American teams decide to send their unknowns to protect their egos, look at the roster for the Mexico-Argentina game, Argentina brought a bunch of guys that will probably never even wear the national team uniform ever again, it's just for practice to see who's good and who's not. It happens everywhere to every team. But when people start saying "we expect to beat every South American team that's not Brazil or Argentina" its a tad ignorant since we rarely play South American teams at full strength in competition.

10. minus

minus Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Portugal
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    This wasn't even Colombia U-20 team.It had couple of players but definitely not Conmebol U-20 Champs.This team consisted of some season players much like U.S team had but no where near a B team.The game is meant to be an experiment for both teams to take a look at younger player and players who normally don't get call up.

I'm sure the Gold cup will be a better measuring stick since Colombia will probably bring a better squad(Probably not A team but a solid B team).

11. johnnyboy123

johnnyboy123 Red Card

Mar 10, 2005
    you mean over the hill players
    the only players over 23 on that team were henao, viafara , and pachecho maybe orozco but i think hes just 24

everyone else are u-23s or u-20s

12. Jester20000000

Jester20000000 New Member

Jun 29, 2003
    boohoo you're stupid if you're going to argue about a meaningless match that happened forever ago..how about you worry about your next oppononents instead of what happened in the past?? k good.

13. Toolhead

Toolhead Member

Jul 6, 2003
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Check out the roster dumba$$, it's a d team. All MLS, no euro's, hell we didn't even call anyone from the best two teams. Yes it's a d-team that just kicked Colombia's a$$.

Edit: here's the roster for those who doubt it.

USA: 18-Jon Busch; 7-Brian Mullan, 12-Chad Marshall, 3- Ritchie Kotschau, 5-Chris Albright; 25-Pablo Mastroeni (Capt.; Nat Borchers, 86), 8-Clint Dempsey, 14-Steve Ralston (24-Eddie Gaven, 76), 11-Clint Mathis (20-Taylor Twellman, 68; ejected, 76), 13-Pat Noonan (10-Kyle Martino, 83); 9-Eddie Johnson (21-Brian Ching, 71).
    Subs not used: 1-Joe Cannon, 22-Kevin Hartman.

The only people that are locks for our best team are, E. Johnson, Clint Mathis, Pablo Mastroeni, that's it folks. Hardly anything close to our A team, it's about our 4th choice team, sorry it's so hard for you to take.

14. johnycarino redded

Mar 10, 2005
    you only have two players in europe lol

all your players that are staerters playi n th e mls for first
    secondly you had a player with 46 caps on your team colombias top capping palyer has maybe 10 caps

wtf

yeah

nice one

yeah ok you kicked colombias u-21 jetlagged with one practice session when you had a month of them ass

is that really something to be proud off

i guess since your suck so bad you have to take little victories to be big ones

15. Toolhead

Toolhead Member

Jul 6, 2003
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nice try, it was a B team, sorry Cannon, Califf, Gibbs, Mulrooney, Vanney, Stewart weren't anything close to 1st choice back then. Some made the WC roster because of injury and bad decisions.

So this is how you guys work, you get to choose who and when someone gets to use the "it wasn't our best team" excuse. :rolleyes: rolleyes:

What a bunch of two-faced hypocrites.

16. Quick Kick

Quick Kick Member

Mar 5, 2005
    Miami, FL
    Congrats to the US on a good win. The US had been 0-2-2 against Colombia since they beat them 2-1 in the 94 WC. Two of the loses during that span were in official tournaments, 4-1 in the 95 Copa America(same tournament they beat the Argies 3-0) and a penalty loss in the 2000 Gold Cup. Hopefully these two teams can see each other again in the upcoming Gold Cup. Again congrats on a good win and good luck against Mexico.

17. dmike

dmike Member

Jul 7, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL @ this kids calling our MLS squad our A/B team.. . Our first string is based on basically players playing in EU leagues and 2-3 MLS players which mostlikely bench except Eddie. I know it sucks that MLS players outplayed you but thats the plain fact. Watcha expect?? to tie us like you did Mexico LOL . It was a friendly and nothing else, we saw both our youth potential and it just seemed ours is a little better.

18. Shaydee

Shaydee Member

Apr 8, 2002
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

USA normal starters are

Kasey Keller-Monchengladbach (Germany)
    Steve Cherundolo-Hannover (Germany)
    Cory Gibbs-Feyenoord (Holland)
    Eddie Pope-Real Salt Lake (USA)
    Carlos Bocanegra-Fulham (England)
    Landon Donovan-Bayer Leverkusen (Germany)
    DaMarcus Beasley-PSV Eindhoven (Holland)
    Claudio Reyna-Manchester City (England)
    Pablo Mastroeni-Colorado Rapids (USA)
    Eddie Johnson-FC Dallas (USA)
    Brian McBride-Fulham (England)

Subs
    Tim Howard-Manchester United (England)
    Eddie Lewis-Preston North End (England)
    Oguchi Onyewu-Standard Liege (Belgium)
    Bobby Convey-Reading (England)
    Greg Vanney-Bastia (France)
    Gregg Berhalter-Energie Cottbus (Germany)
    Conor Casey-Mainz (Germany)

thats a little more than two players in Europe

19. Chowderhead

Chowderhead Member

Aug 3, 1999
    Central Falls, RI
    Como no.

20. dmike

dmike Member

Jul 7, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    johnycarino just got DEALT

and it's only a matter of time until Eddie Johnson and Mastroeni get picked up by any team in EU.

21. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I wouldn't bother responding to any ILC (a.k.a johnycarino) says, don't know why you're going to all the trouble, he makes up facts about everything....

22. minus

minus Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Portugal
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I don't know why this has turn into who is better debate.Some USA fans are boasting like it was something important.Colombia C or whatever you want to say got spanked(It wasn't Colombia Sub 20 team like ILC said).Move on is not like you want a world cup.

23. southamerican1984

southamerican1984 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Feb 10, 2005
    THESE IMMATURE U.S. FANS REMEMBER ME TO MEXICANS FANS, THEY ALWAYS CELEBRATE STUPID VICTORIES IN FRIENDLy MATCHES AGAINST SOUTH AMERICANS, BUT WHAT HAPPENS WITH OFFICIAL MATCHES?

WE DON'T HAVE TIME TO TAKE SERIOUSLY THESE FRIENDLy, OUR PLAYERS ARE BUSY MAKING THE DIFFERENCE IN CHAMPIONS LEAGUE OR UEFA CUP, HUNDREDS OF SOUTH AMERICANS PLAY IN EUROPE.

INSTEAD UNITED STATES AND MEXICANS TOGUETER HAVE JUST ABOUT 7 PLAYERS IN EUROPE, THEIR NATIONAL TEAMS IS BASED IN LOCAL LEAGUE PLAYERS.

AND TRUST ME U.S FANS, YOU'LL NEVER QUALIFY TO ANY WORLD CUP IF YOU PLAY IN SOUTH AMERICA, BETTER CONTINUE PLAYING WITH ARUBA, BAHAMAS, BELICE, MEXICO, SALVADOR.

And I think that the only concacaf country that deserves any respect is united states, too bad that u.s doesn't play copa america or libertadores, instead of freaky mexicans, it's incredible the progress of u.s soccer, i don't know from where u.s soccer got that progress, if nobody in the u.sa supports the soccer, nobody go to the stadium, those stadiums make me cry, yesterday i was watching Washington dc vs saprisa, Ohh My God, was that a soccer stadium? besides the american tv doesn't like to broadcast soccer, well, if we look all those Disadvantages, poor of united states soccer. because of all that, is why u.s soccer is so inferior to south american soccer, but don't worry u.s fans, you're the kings of concacaf hehehhehe

24. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  25. Chowderhead

Chowderhead Member

Aug 3, 1999
    Central Falls, RI
    Higuita was an absolutely pathetic goalkeeper. And if you bozos put down the bottle of guaro long enough to sober up, you'd achieve enough clarity to realize that the Americans aren't know for being triumphalist when it comes to soccer victories. Yet you lot still yap about BA in 93. What did it get you? NADA.

Noonan, Mullan, Dempsey, Marshall, Johnson and Busch. Novatos todos.