COLOMBIA vs. USA (California friendly) -r-

Discussion in 'Colombia' started by efernandez9, Mar 8, 2005.

1. soccermusician

Oct 20, 2004
    hey buddy mexico tied. I am not here to brag about US. All i want to know is if there is a colombian site where i can see pitures or highlights of this game. By the way good luck colombians in qualifying

2. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA
    The A team of the USA is probably at the same level if not better than the A team of Colombia. Today the USA's B team proved they are better than Colombias B team (or were they both c teams??)

Still some people won't give the USA the respect it deserves. I just wonder what would happen if the USA played in the Conmebol qualifiers I bet they would do a decent job.

3. aragrev

aragrev New Member

Apr 23, 2004
    Southern California
    Who knows, all I know is the way the US looked tonight they would be one of top 2 qualifiers for CONMEBOL. All I can hope is that Colombia has a better plan of attack in their next game than this one. It just looked like they kept on trying the same thing.

4. PaulGascoigne

PaulGascoigne Member+

Feb 5, 2001
    Aotearoa/NZ
    That's a complete crock, hombre. No one is "still" bragging about beating up on Paraguay's C-Team. No one is going to spend time hooting over this one either--our C team waxing Colombia's C team. No wild celebrations--jeez where do you come up with this shyte?

5. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    if this would have been our sub-20 that just won in Colombia I would die, but none of the young guys that played will be called up again..........last night I was pretty upset that we lost, but after all this isn't our starting line up, and what separates this line up from the other is experience, I don't know what happened with Henao, I want Cordoba back for the friendlies.

6. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Sorry if you took it wrong, i wasent saying you.. i was saying a few US fans that did it, but anyways i heard it was a good game.. im sure alot better then that borefest Mex vs Arg game, wheres ILC tho? wasent he claiming Colombia was gonna pound the USA? How did Rodallega do tho?

7. minus

minus Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Portugal
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    :confused:

Wouldn't you like to believe that you're self.I'm not going to make any excuses for Colombia.Colombia got spanked but this no where near a quality B team that Colombia can put together.

8. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Tell me about it, it seems like South American teams bring their worst players when they play the USA.. not because the US makes em look bad but that team Paraguay brought 2 years ago played terrible vs Jamaica and El Salvador too..thus those players where never called up to the team again ( except Villar)

Was this the same Colombian team that played vs Mexico? I saw that game and they didnt seem to do too bad vs an almost complete Mexican squad.

9. SoccerFreak

SoccerFreak Member

Oct 18, 2000
    Portland, OR
    In the game against Mexico, Colombia used mostly Mexican based players, in last night's game they brought a team made up of mostly Colombian based U-20s. They didn't use their best team in either game.

10. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Rodallega came in towards the end of the second half, we attacked more towards the end, but it wasn't enough.

11. LuckyNat

LuckyNat New Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Sysco, your view is very balanced and, from my view, spot on (wish I could say the same for some other posters on this board). The reality is, this was a match between two country's equivalent C units. Only 1-2 players on each would have a sniff of the A-team roster.

I wish Colombia good fortune in the next couple CONMEBOL qualifiers....

12. johnnyboy123

johnnyboy123 Red Card

Mar 10, 2005
    the truth is all these players played on sunday and some on monday they worked on monday or tuesday to get there passports and traveled on tuesday or yesterday they only had yesterday to rest from the trip and have on training session togethere

players who have never played before

now you compare this to the us sqaud who do like gringos and have a nt camp for months at a time

no other sellecion on work does that and its not fair to other sqauds who dont have time

colombias defense alone is better than americas a team

13. Toolhead

Toolhead Member

Jul 6, 2003
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    More typical S. American excuses, jeez this was at best our C team. As was said before in this thread, funny how when the US wins it's always our best team against someone's D team. :rolleyes: This was just a friendly and it really doesn't matter in the end, except to get some young players a chance. Believe no one is celebrating this win over Colombia as anything special.

I see Latin Pride using this excuse also for a match nearly 3 years ago, sorry hate to break it to ya, that was our B team that beat Paraguay that day. And nobody was celebrating it either, why celebrate for winning against someone you expect to beat? That's the point we're at now, we expect to beat any S. American team not named Argentina or Brazil, sorry if that sounds arrogant but it's simply the truth of the matter.

14. johnnyboy123

johnnyboy123 Red Card

Mar 10, 2005
    it was your a team but nice try at a excuse

excuses
    lol how about moneyi bet you paid us to lose again tonight

whetever say what you want it was a friendly we really dont care

go ahead celebrate beating our u20 team

yeah unlike you weve actaully proven ourselves time and time again in the most competitive region in the football world that alone makes us better than you

you can beat colombias a team
    or peru
    or ecaudor
    or bolivia
    or venezuela
    or any south ameircan team
    you think your really could beat our defense

tell me

----calero--
    perea--yepes-cordoba-bedoya-
    ----patino----vargas-----
    -----geovanni--grisales---
    ---rodallega-----herrera---

how do you expect to beat that

15. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Wow i can see you dont know shyt about your own team...

Goalkeepers (2): Joe Cannon (out of contract), Kasey Keller (Tottenham Hotspur)
    Defenders (5): Carlos Bocanegra (Chicago Fire), Dan Califf (Los Angeles Galaxy), Cory Gibbs (FC St. Pauli), Frankie Hejduk (Columbus Crew), Greg Vanney (FC Bastia)
    Midfielders (7): DaMarcus Beasley (Chicago Fire), Bobby Convey (D.C. United), Eddie Lewis (Preston North End), Pablo Mastroeni (Colorado Rapids), Richard Mulrooney (San Jose Earthquakes), Claudio Reyna (Sunderland), Earnie Stewart (D.C. United)
    Forwards (4): Landon Donovan (San Jose Earthquakes), Clint Mathis (MetroStars), Brian McBride (Columbus Crew), Josh Wolff (Kansas City Wizards)

Now for our squad

PAR (4-4-2): 12-Justo Villar; 14-Rodrigo Mendoza, 4-Ruben Maldonado, 5-Celso Ayala (capt.), 21-Jorge Nunez; 2-Diego Gavilan (20-Walter Avalos, 69), 8-Angel Ortiz; 16-Carlos Bonet, 11-Jorge Campos (15-Victor Ortiz, 46); 7-Derlis Soto (19-Jorge Acucharro, 70), 9-Juan Samudio (17-Fredy Bareiro, 46).
    Subs not used: 22-Miguel Cardenas, 3-Daniel Caballero, 6-Edgar Gonzalez, 13-Jacinto Zorrilla, 18-Walter Fretes.
    Head Coach: Anibal Ruiz.

And MOST importantly....

------------> (((((The U.S. roster boasts ten veterans of the 2002 World Cup quarterfinalist team))))).** San Jose Earthquakes forward Landon Donovan leads the U.S. attack in 2003, his two goals and three assists placing him at the head of U.S scorers this year.** Also the leader in minutes played, Donovan is accompanied by striker Clint Mathis.** The MetroStars forward exploded on a five-match scoring run in MLS action before departing for the Confederations Cup.** Preston North End midfielder Eddie Lewis, the Chevrolet Man of the Match in the 2-0 win against Wales on May 26, has four goals and nine assists in 48 appearances for the senior team.** D.C. United midfielder Earnie Stewart is a veteran of three World Cups and the USA’s all-time leader in World Cup appearances (11).

10 out of 12 World Cup veterans and you claim it was a B-team??? Not to mention our C-team pratically matched your A-team on shots on goals..... nice try buddy :rolleyes:

Stats Summary: ****** USA****** PAR
    **** Shots****** ****** ****** ****** ****** 13****** ** **12
    **** Saves****** ****** ****** ****** ****** 3**** ** ** ** 3
    **** Corner Kicks****** ****** 8****** ** ** **3
    **** Fouls****** ****** ****** ****** ****** 12****** ** **14
    **** Offside****** ****** ****** ****** **** 2**** ** **** 6

16. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I would Love to see the U.S in Conmebol qualifiers.. Hell Brazil can't beat Ecuador in Quito..

17. johnnyboy123

johnnyboy123 Red Card

Mar 10, 2005
    oh yeah your saying nobodys celebrating

i saw some mother********as celebrating last night

if yoru not celebrating then it shouldnt matter if it was u-20 team who are exhausted

tell me is normal for colombia not to even control the ball in a game when overall theyve had 65% ball control average for the last 10 years

when we controlled the ball 60% of the time vs. brazil at home were we tied them with no goals

you really think your something

your nothing but ********

we bleed we die for our ********ing teams

what do you do

not even your average joe likes your team

you dont deserve to play football

what do you do to deserve to play the most beautiful sport on earth

we live in south america wE ARE ********ING ELITE WE PLAY AMONG THE BEST ON EARTH AND YOU REALLY THINK YOUR SOMETHING??

we beat argentina, brazil the best players on earth we have the best defense in there is on earth and you still say your something

come back when you really are something other than that your NOTHING to us NOTHING

18. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
    YOU ARE A TOY!

oops, wrong chatroom...

it's a fucqing friendly! christalmighty!

i love the US, i root for them, i try to watch them as much as possible and the world should know that they're here and they ain't going anywhere with the kind of youth they're producing on a daily basis...

but colombia's got a richer history, they're in a far-more competitive qualifying systems and it doesn't matter what bytches say...when you put on a national team jersey, you do it for your country...

this talk of a, b, c, d, e squads is lame and pussi.

us played much better with their guys, colombia weren't into it and if they play 5 more times, maybe colombia wins the next 4 outof 5, or maybe the us does...doesn;t matter, these are fucqing friendlies.

no one is better than no one until someone wins a fucqing world cup, copa america or gold cup or any other fucqing cup....rankings are bullshyte, lists are bullshyte, past stats and games are shyte....focus on the game today.

us was better last nite...big deal. let them go beat mexico then (and hopefully they do)

and let colombia handle their business in south america...

fucqing skirts

19. johnnyboy123

johnnyboy123 Red Card

Mar 10, 2005
    i mean we have one bad game and everyones over us like flies on poop

weve played 6 friendlies in the last 4 months this is the first one weve lost

weve played around 30 games in the last 2 years and this is about the 4th or 5th one weve lost

that is an EXCELLENT record

20. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yeah when the USA gets the balls to meet Roque Santa Cruz, Jose Cardozo, and Carlos Gamarra in Estadio Chaco Defensores then we'l talk... these gringos think their better then any South American team thats not Argentina and Brasil because they beat their B and C teams in mere friendlies used for pratice...

They got no clue how REAL Conmenbol competition is...

21. johnnyboy123

johnnyboy123 Red Card

Mar 10, 2005
    ..in the howling rain comes the stinging rain we can see you driving the nails into the souls of the tree of pain...and from these fireflies which always glow you see the face of fear running scared in the valley Below!!!

Bullet the blue sky!!!
    bullet the blue sky!
    bullet the blue sky!
    bullet the blue....
    bullet the blue....
    sky...

in the locust wind comes a rattling hum..which take the breath from the angel and the angel was overcome you see demon seed, they raise a fair wall of fire you see them burning crosses you see the flames piling hire

bullet the blue sky

bullet the blue sky

bullet the blue sky

bullet the blue....

bullet the blue...sky

22. SoccerFreak

SoccerFreak Member

Oct 18, 2000
    Portland, OR
    I agree. US and Mexico have a habit of handling South American B and C teams rather well. The thing is that the US rarely faces a full South American squad. Even though the US team last night wasn't their full squad either, they had more seasoned pros like EJ, Mathis, Ralston, Mastroeni, and was more of a B team. I'm not too sure about the Colombia squad, but I know they were nowhere near an A or B team. The team that they had in Copa America last year was more of a B team than the one last night. I would feel different if the US were handing it to the South Americans during Copa America or other tournies, but that hasn't been the case.

I sometimes think the US avoids Copa America so that way they avoid any losses and use the MLS season as an excuse to not go.

Beating Portugal in 2002 was a good game to gloat about, last night's game wasn't.

23. johnnyboy123

johnnyboy123 Red Card

Mar 10, 2005
    compared to usa the season in colombia is year round and there is only about 3 months of resting time in the whole year

thats how it is in most south america...

24. Toolhead

Toolhead Member

Jul 6, 2003
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    More like you don't know what your talking about,

18-Kasey Keller; 3-Greg Vanney, 6-Cory Gibbs (23-Nick Garcia, 87), 4-Carlos Bocanegra, 2-Frankie Hejduk; 22-Richard Mulrooney, 17-DaMarcus Beasley, 15-Bobby Convey (10-Claudio Reyna, 61), 8-Earnie Stewart; 21-Landon Donovan (20-Brian McBride, 90), 11-Clint Mathis (7-Eddie Lewis, 71).

This was our line-up that day, not close to anything we used at the WC, you were saying??? :rolleyes:

25. Toolhead

Toolhead Member

Jul 6, 2003
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Fixed your post, it was a friendly and it doesn't matter it all, why are you so bitter?