Colombia vs Peru Copa America 2021 (June 20th)

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by Froboy69, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    wtf are you talking about guy, was only talking about what simon posted. Couldn't care less about anything you posted

2. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Well when you quote me with his post, it seems like you do care...But that's just me I guess.

crzdcolombian repped this.
  3. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think that we need to see what will happen with James. If everything will work fine between them, I belive that Uribe-Barrios-Cuadrado-James will be the midfielders, Muriel and Zapata up front with Muriel playing a bit backward and not like a striker.

If not James (I, btw, think that in this point James shouldn't be 100% lineup guarantee) I believe that Lucho Diaz will take his spot. Sebastian Villa also worth a mention and deserves to be in once he'll finish his legal issues, but Zapata and Borja won't work as long as Rueda think that one of them can play as a winger.

4. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    I see James back for WCQ as I don't see Diaz even close to taking that spot and Rueda needs a player that can offer his type of versatility. Villa, I don't think will get a sniff at the NT while Rueda is around. Hoping JFQ can make a run back for qualifiers as he would be a solid option. Agree, that strikers need to be in the box at all times!

5. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think that under Rueda Lucho shows great football plus his good season with Porto, so I actually think that he is in a good position to take the spot as long as Rueda is the coach, but again, we'll have to see what will happen with James.

6. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

James would take Borre’s spot yesterday

10 behind the striker connecting with C11 and Díaz

7. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    he doesn’t have the work rate defending Borre showed

tho something needs to be done about the middle two. The can’t complete forward passes. I know people love Barrios but pass forward bro!! Uribe omg never want to see him again after last game

also those subs by Rueda. His late subs cost us the game and potentially the next one by not having Cuadrado. So only mf who can cross or pass forward is now gone.

8. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    James has both goal and pass. Totally different players. Diaz played well yesterday and I hope he continues as we progress but he needs more than one positive match under his belt. I don't expect Rueda to give him the freedom/role he gives C4.

9. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I didn’t understand the subs at all

Duvan and Borre were both showing so much fight and neither had a card.

As much as I stroke Uribe, he was awful (CRZD was right about him yesterday) but I don’t know if Cuellar would have done much better in that role.

And why sub in Oscar in the 90th if he’s not going to sit next to the post on corner kicks?

I really don’t understand our substitution strategy and this goes back to Pre Pekerman coaching. The only time I really was in sync with our subs were those early Pekerman games where I thought we turned a corner in the history of the NT

Azucarero repped this.