Colombia Vs Mexico August 22nd in Denver (r)

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by Alonso#13, Jun 14, 2007.

1. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    Re: Colombia Vs Mexico August 22nd in Denver

cuando mas criticaron a Pinto - hace dos semanas, el prometio el cambio en sleccion de seleccion y reconocio que muchos no tenian ritmo: ESA PARA MI es la razon para llamar la gente del Once caldas......valida

estiven Velez, no es sorpresa, quintabani y Rueda hablan muy bien de el (desde que lo convoco vs chile en 2006)

elvis gonza, walter M, ringo amaya y carmelo son los que mas me sorprenden.....sera que estan en buen Ritmo?

2. Pereira_17

Pereira_17 New Member

Jan 25, 2007
    USA

What did Chitiva do to Pinto? He is getting royally screwed. No way can you give Giovanni another shot before giving Chitiva his 1st shot at his proper position.

I like the Bustos, Zapata, Aquivaldo, Castrillon, Guarin, McNelly, Montero, and Moreno call ups.

Laugh at the Rodallega call up because we all knew he was coming.

Don't like the Julio and Giovanni call ups.

Will be a tough game against the Mexicans.

3. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

RINGO DESERVED A CALL UP. Why folks are so down on him I don't know. He's a Serna type, fighter, decent distributer. Give him a shot! I would have liked to see Sanchez play in that def mf position but Ringo is a good bet.

4. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

FALTA VER cual es el seleccionado de mexico

ya salio la lista? para ver como sera el enfrentamiento hombre por hombre

5. MrPaisa

MrPaisa New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Madison, NY

I think Carlos Sanchez and Pino will make their way into the next two friendlies.......hopefully at least Sanchez.

I also think that if they keep insisting on Rodallega, he's got to get better no?...I know its a laughable situation, but since we might as well expect Rodallega to be on the team every single game for about 4 years, he has to get better. So whenever we hear Pinto will call up new players, lets always expect Rodallega on the list and just see how it goes... (I know thats pathetic, but I am being a realist....Rodallega is the only striker I know in our squad to have consecutive caps since Fed. and the experience of a goalie) Also, you got to give it to him, he doesn't get injured. That guy has been tossed around and gets up and runs....

6. Pereira_17

Pereira_17 New Member

Jan 25, 2007
    USA

Isn't the definition of insanity repeating the same action over and over again and expecting different results? :rolleyes:

Again I go back to saying that if Pinto wants to develop players then he should be a club coach. The DT of la Seleccion Colombia's job is to pick the best Colombian players to represent our country.

The best Colombian goalkeeper, the best Colombian defenders, the best Colombian midfielders, and the best Colombian forwards. Once would I like to look at a Colombian team and say that that is the case. We can argue about who "we" think is the best Colombian at his position and as long as we have a reasonable arguement defending our choice then all is ok. For example crzd argues for Ospina all the time and while I do not agree I respect his arguements. Now have Pinto defend Julio as the 2nd best Colombian goalkeeper.:rolleyes: Can we argue about Rodallega being the best Colombian forward? When he gets to Denver he won't even be the best Colombian forward presently in the US. (Angel)

I strongly disagree with the omission of Chitiva. I strongly disagree with the selection of Julio. Given Pinto's statement that we already saw what the group that went to the Copa America could do and it is time to see what others can do, then I strongly disagree with the selection of Rodallega. He played the most and did next to nothing during the Copa America.

7. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

:) arent I popular

any way guys think Agustín Julio is just going to be there to give Ospina advice as soon as Neko, Zapata are ready they will fight for 2nd place keeper

I see Ospina as #2 actually. The more and more I watch Landuazzi the more I like him he is older and might have a tad bit more experience tho both are very very young.

and b4 people say they are to young Oscar Cordoba our best keeper ever was only 24 on the "best" Colombian team of all time

8. CtrlAlltDel

CtrlAlltDel New Member

Mar 12, 2007

who is Julio?

9. Pereira_17

Pereira_17 New Member

Jan 25, 2007
    USA

EXACTLY

10. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Agustín Julio (Tolima) keeper

has played 3 friendlies for us Panama,Japan , Montenegro

11. CtrlAlltDel

CtrlAlltDel New Member

Mar 12, 2007

i see, well he should not be called up on the basis of his stupid last name alone.

>= (

12. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Pinto entregó la lista de convocados para enfrentar a México

El técnico de la selección Colombia de mayores, Jorge Luis Pinto, definió este jueves la nueva convocatoria para el partido amistoso del próximo 22 de agosto con México, en Denver, Estados Unidos. Sólo aparecen tres jugadores de los que estuvieron en la pasada Copa América.

More...

13. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I think that most of the squad is good, please dont forget that there are some players in my opinion that will play in the qualification and pinto still invite them now (Camilo Zuniga, Alvaro Dominguez, David Ferreira, Chitiva.....) obviously that Miguel Rojas, Henriquez, Julio, I dont see them going to take place for the qualification. but please, let's take all the friendlies in the right proportion. we had also great friendlies before the Copa America...I really don't feel like remind everybody how this tournament ended for us :(...so preperation games are important for the form and the morale of the players and the nation, but if we dont get the 3 pts at home vs Brazil, it wouldn't be worth it. Brazil are extremly tough, but at home we can beat anybody....I'm sick of it that people don't count us...they count Paraguay, Ecuador, Uruguay, Chile before Colombia and we need to get back for the 90's, when even Brazil and Argentina were afraid from the games in Colombia.

14. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

vea como son las cosas y el ejemplo de argentina con basile, ayer llamo para el proximo amistoso, y resulta que ya tiene 60 jugadores CON llamado a copa america y miniciclos de practica..................SESENTA

esta bien que no veamos las mismas caras del fracaso de copa america y los 'nuevos' demustren algo mejor

em Mexico entiendo que hay polemica con el llamado de dosSantos, el pelaito del barca los tiene locos, tanto que se olvidaron del uruguayo (former Olympiakos)

15. yj777

yj777 Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Bogota, Colombia
    Club:
    --other--

Hoy anunciaron los jugadores en el pulso de el futbol..
    los extranjeros seran:
    Troncallega, (por supuesto)
    Guarin,
    Aquivaldo Mosquera,
    Angustias Hernandez,
    Falcao Garcia
    Cristian Zapata
    Rubén Darío Bustos

Falcao Garcia no juega de titular hace siglos.. el nunca pudo recuperar su nivel despues de que se lesiono..
    A Wason Renteria ni Arzuaga que son titulares los llamaron..
    Y Toja? y Chitiva?
    Pinto es un idiota..

Toda la lista esta aqui..
    http://www.elespectador.com/elespectador/Secciones/Detalles.aspx?idNoticia=13565&idSeccion=16

16. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

jy777 ...hace 6 horas otro loco dejo la lista de convocados aca, solo debes leer TODA ESTA PAGINA y la anterior:eek:

con esos sobrenombres? se nota tu optimismo o negativismo...cual?
    de arzuaga puedo decir....no hizo pretemporada con su NUEVO equipo, y esta sancionado por buen rato, osea que no esta en ritmo.

DT, llamo 21 o 22 y solo viajaran 17, osea que no se asuste, aun ni se han reunido y falta la jornada del saba/domingo para ver a que nivel estan (o si se lesiona alguno)

17. yj777

yj777 Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Bogota, Colombia
    Club:
    --other--

Angustias Hernandez jugo bastantes partidos hace 4 agnos.. y todos sabemos lo que paso y lo bien que juega en la seleccion.. pero bueno, merece una oportunidad..

Falcao Garcia no es titular, ni mete goles.. como decir que tiene "ritmo"??
    al menos Arzuaga metio goles con Godoy Cruz hace unos meses..
    Y cual es la excusa de llamar a Troncallega de vuelta, y no darle una oportunidad a Renteria?

18. Pereira_17

Pereira_17 New Member

Jan 25, 2007
    USA

Can you picture Castillo and Dos Santos together up top? They're good but now I have to hear them idolized like gods on Univision on the 22nd. Grrreeaattt. I tell you what, I wouldn't mind having those two up top on my team.

19. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

exact reason that I love Colombia vs Mexico because I love when we beat them and Univision is quiet for a few days :)

Copa Oro 2005 best time ever.... dont care we lost to panama, beating mexico after all they did for a week was talk crap about our team and how they are god s and when they lost with that crazy Aguilar goal :) Priceless

Tho I think its going to be 0-0... I dont think they have what it takes to get past C.Zapata and A.Mosquera... and dont think any of the strikers we have are NT ready tho I will be very happy if Falcao, Montero wake up

20. MrPaisa

MrPaisa New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Madison, NY

Dos Santos ain't playing, Barcelona isn't lending him they sad that Hugo asked way too late for it to be finalized and I heard ESPN this morning saying that Mexico has a friendly with Brazil. I'm happy 2Santos ain't coming, but I know that if they lose all Univision and my girlfriend's family will be saying is that they lost for this reaosn or for that but nothing else.

Get this, I'm going to be on vacation in Mexico when this game is going on, trust me I will be wearing my Colombia jersey in the middle of alot of angry greena nd red patriots.....I can't wait to see Montero and Valencia run circles around these guys...if its one thing we have over the Mexican players is our defense and our speed....The Mexican NAT team is slow....and speed counts alot nowadays....

21. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I dont know Im more worried about their homebased players than their euros... all the ones at gold cup sucked, dont know if it was because they were out of form or because they are old but that Salciedo guy used to be a monster and in gold cup he was getting ownd by small CA teams.

There Copa America team which was basically all mexi based stars + nery/ Rapha

haha if u dont make it back alive we will all know why :)

22. jinks

jinks New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    London, England

David Ospina (Nacional)
    Rubén Darío Bustos (Gremio, BRA)
    Miguel Rojas (Once Caldas)
    Aquivaldo Mosquera (Sevilla, ESP)
    Cristian Zapata (Udinese, ITA)
    Wálter Moreno (Cúcuta)
    Elvis González (Cúcuta)
    Estiven Vélez (Nacional)
    Alexis Henríquez (Once Caldas)
    Yulián Anchico (Tolima)
    Jaime Castrillón (Medellín)
    José Amaya (Nacional)
    Freddy Guarín (Saint Etienne, FRA)
    Danilson Córdoba (Medellín)
    Macnelly Torres (Cúcuta)
    Giovanni Hernández (Colo Colo, CHI)
    Hugo Rodallega (Necaxa, MEX)
    Freddy Montero (Deportivo Cali)
    Radamel Falcao García (River Plate, ARG)-
    Carmelo Valencia (Nacional)

gracias a Dios que cagamos la Copa 2007, le agradeceremos por toda la vida porque este man ya se puso las pilas pues!!!

I must be the only pro-Pinto coz seriously this guy is calculating the basis of our play AND exactly at the right time. The reason he keeps Rodallega is ecause THERE IS something special there but nothing that involves him running around creating play for himself. Amaya, Torres. and Montero could play well with him. Valencia´s talented, Giovanni´s at a new stage (and I will always congratulate him and Aristi are one of the main reasons why we got Copa 2001.

I reckon if we play well and even lose, this will be the main boys of qualifying with the inclusion of Rojas, Soto, Angel (I was the most anti-Angel on earth but even ive been won over).

And all of these players are evolving and maturing with age.look at Guarin, Giovanni, Castrillon.

Pinto already made the mistake of calling and rellying on our world stars is about time they shape up. And lets not see IRC or Yepes again.

23. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

cual sera el capitan? castrillon, Gio o Aquivaldo?

basado en esa seleccion de ayer, cuales serian los titulares?

24. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Think A.Mosquera is the only guy on that team taht is a undisputed starter and even in our real team or what ever u want the brasil team to be called

so he should be captain

wouldnt Mind Guarin :) or C.Zapata are they are young and can be captain for 2-3 qualifing campaigns

25. Pereira_17

Pereira_17 New Member

Jan 25, 2007
    USA

I'm very interested to see how Bustos plays. Those Mexicans are tough. Don't care if they are all from the Mexican League or Europe, they really don't give up and run forever. Also interested to see if Giovanni's game translates to la Sele. And am looking forward to seeing if Falcao can do something and to see if Guarin and Zapata can give the team the character adjustment needed. Nervous about Ospino, he looked so small last night against U Catolica. Would have rather played the US instead of Paraguay again since the team is already in the US.