Colombia vs Ecuador - WCQ Round 15 - Sep 5, 2009

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by damnecuadorian, Aug 12, 2009.

1. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Colombia vs Ecuador
    Saturday September 5, 2009 15:30 UTC-5
    Estadio Atanasio Girardot, Medellín

Team......Pld...W...D...L...GF...GA...GD..Pts
    Brazil....14....7...6...1...25....6..+19...27
    Chile.....14....8...2...4...23...14...+9...26
    Paraguay..14....7...3...4...20...13...+7...24
    Argentina.14....6...4...4...19...15...+4...22
    Ecuador...14....5...5...4...18...20...-2...20
    Uruguay...14....4...6...4...23...16...+7...18
    Colombia..14....4...5...5....7...11...-4...17
    Venezuela.14....5...2...7...17...24...-7...17
    Bolivia...14....3...3...8...19...30..-11...12
    Peru......14....1...4...9....7...29..-22....7

2. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Re: Colombia vs Ecuador - Eliminatorias Round 15 - Sep 5, 2009

my guess for now is a 0-0 tie because from what we've seen right now i havent seen ecuador finsh their chances..but hey you never know we could pull off a paraguay(lose our friendlies, and when our offical games),but for now im not seeing a win unless,like i said we pull a hat trick out of our asses:D

3. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

I think we gotta solid chance to come out with a positive result in Colombia...but anything can happen in this game. IMO it's an evenly matched game.

After seeing the game today against Jamaica these are my following 23 players:

A.Dominguez
    J.Cevallos
    M.Elizaga

I.Hurtado
    G.Espinoza
    M.Fleitas
    J.Campos
    I.Mina/J.Guagua??
    M.Ibarra
    N.Reasco
    W.Ayovi

A.Valencia
    E.Mendez
    C.Noboa
    S.Castillo
    D.Quiroz
    J.Montero
    P.Urrutia
    C.Lara/F.Guerrero/J.Guerron??

C.Tenorio
    J.Rojas
    F.Caicedo
    P.Palacios/C.Benitez??

4. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito

for some reason that kid guerrero doesnt convince me ive actually never seen him play to be honest.. what i would prefer is have some more youths playing defense because we need more defenders bam-bam and la sombra can self destruct out there any second..they definately arent as solid defensively as they used to be

5. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito

If you haven't seen him play, how can you say he doesn't convince you? He's probably our most daring winger. But anyway he needs to become a starter for burnley in my opinion for sixto to call him up, we have a good amount options at that postion, even bolanos is seeing more of the field in brazil.

6. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito

he doesnt convince me becuz ive never heard much of him and to be honest i rather an ecuadorian go to the brazilian league or argentnian league than play for a former third division english team..and also bolanos is a lost case the story of a great player getting benched in brazil..i would say his career for la tri is a wrap bcuz hes not getting any exposure playing in inter..and hasnt been called up for almost a year..ughh:(

7. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Antonio Valencia went to a former fourth tier English team, and look what happened to him. :cool:

8. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito

lol you got me there,but im just proving that i havent really seen much of guerrero or heard much, and btw changing the subject sixto should call up el pony ladines or some other strikers as well from the ecuadorian league,for defense oscar bagui should come back as well as jose perlaza who ive heard is doing well in barcelona..even rorys aragon who was recently signed by a turkish team:cool:..btw wth ever happned to gustavo figueroa ???anyone know??

9. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Bolanos career is FAR from over...he's 24 years old and still has a long way to go. He can always move out of Inter and prosper in another league where his futbol can be appreciated. I'm sure if he would go to Mexico he would be one of the best players in that league. (just an example). and then he can make the big jump to Europe...

And it doesn't matter if Guerrero is playing for a FORMER third division team. He's playing in the damn EPL. The best league in the world. And I've seen 2 of his games so far and the kid does a really great job. I've seen him play with our U-20 NT as well and hes come off as a sub and does an excellent job. He's one of the most talented kids we got coming up.

10. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Pony Ladines is a good player, but hes far from consistent and isn't NT material at this point. He's far from it.

Oscar Bagui is THE MOST criticized player in Barcelona...people wonder why he still plays....HECK NO, never ever ever have this kid wear the NT jersey. I watch the ecua league every weekend. He's horrible.

Perlaza struggles in Barcelona as well, people want him benched now and are wanting Segundo Matamba (another bad player) to start now. Him and Bagui are horrible. And Carlos Castro sucks major balls as well IMO.

Rorys Aragon hasn't played an official game in months...who knows how he's doing....are you sure he even signed with this so called Turkish team?? or is it just a rumor?

And finally....Gustavo Figueroa hahahahaha your kidding right?:eek: THE WORST "STRIKER" I've seen in the Ecua league (who was once part of the NT) in years. He's a disgrace. Doesn't even start in Macara. lol wow. He goes down on my mediocre player list: Gustavo Figueroa, Ebelio Ordonez, Walter Calderon, etc. etc.

11. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito

well, that makes me feel more confident now,because i dont want ecuadors players to go to play in england and never see the light and day like clever chala who never got the opputunity to play 1game for southampton fc back in 2001. and i think bolanos should just transfer next season ASAP bcuz hes not seeing light and day on inter either and their not even leting him on as a sub anymore thats disappointing, he scored a hat trick what else does he have to do to be a starter for that shitty brazilian team...their coach has to be on crack IMO bolanos is a great player and he actually sets the pace in many games. i recall against venezuela and chile when bolanos came in as a sub he set the pace in the game and cleaned up the messes that fernando hidalgo was doing in the midfield...hes a great player and we all know it!!

12. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito

i cant believe that oscar bagui is that bad of a player i thought he actually did pretty good in the copa america besides that error against mexico where he passed the ball to nery castillo and he scored on an empty net(because mora ran out of the penalty area)..and btw wasnt jose perlaza on the world cup roster in 2006 i heard good thing s about him in barcelona along with bagui..bizare.oh and aragon is playing right now in europe its confirmed, he was signed to some turkish team two days ago..cant rememeber what the team was called but look him up on google and his name and team should come out. And lastly, i thought i heard gustavo figueroas name in the copa america 2004 roster but i never really payed attention to him..i thought he could be an asset to our team but if hes another ebelio ordonez than forget about him..speaking of which ebelio failed to even play more than two games in the paraguyan league lol he scored 1goal on his debut for olimpia and never saw light and day..i think hes back in ecuador now.i think in el nacional???

13. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Luis Bolanos is O.K but no way in hell he can make it europe. Its funny how every coach that doesn't start an Ecuadorian is on Crack. I'm pretty sure Sir alex Ferguson will be on the Pipe in about a months time. hell, Moyes is about to overdose for not starting Castillo..LMAO

14. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

WTF? Figueroa was one hell of a striker!!! One of the strongest prospect coming up.His goal average with Aucas was impressive as hell. He always played on mediocre teams. Another waste of talent.

15. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito

why is that coming from you?? i bet that if messi was benched you would be saying that the barcelona coach is on crack, and its true bolanos was playing great in his first few games with inter and even scored a hat trick on his debut,if thats not good than tell me what is? and then all of a sudden we stopped seeing bolanos play he started getting benched afterwards and sometimes he wouldnt even appear on the bench, soo am i crazy?? and it is true that moyes guy was stupid because castillo was a great player yet he didnt pay any attention to him so get your facts straiht before you talk

16. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Woah, Are you comparing benching Messi to Benching Bolanos? Did you see bolanos play in the Copa Suruga? Probably not. there are Argentines benched all over the World. Hell look at Tevez at manu. Even if i was on Crack I wouldn't call Alex Ferguson a dumbass for benching him..and Moyes is one of the greatest Coaches in the EPL. he is Friggin Brilliant. to get where Everton got last year despite not having any Forwards just amazes and baffles me. The guy is a tactical genious. The reason Castillo didn't play is because he was too damn slow for the EPL. Red star belgrade wanted 4.5 million Euros for Castillo. that's pennies in the EPL and no one picked up Castillo. I wonder why? Burnley spent 2 millions pounds on Guerrero!!! Learn how to read the game and players and try not to be bias before you talk.

17. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito

ya but how is he suppposed to play good (bolanos)if hes being benched half the time, think about that!!

18. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Bolanos is INCONSISTENT.. one minute he can score a goal in the copa libertadores final in Brasil and the next, he misses a 5 footer against Colombia in Quito. Coaches rather have a Consistent player than a player that scores a hattrick against marimba fc than sucks balls against better opponent. and no Coach especially in Brasil where their jobs are on the line everyweek is going to sit a player just because he has a wild hair in his ass.

19. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Has he played a game after scoring the hat trick? That's the thing.. I think we can't say whether or not he's inconsistent if they don't even let him play.

20. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Have you seen him play? I have. I've seen him play against the Japanese and he was awful. The reason he didn't play after the hattrick is because he had Yellow cards. Do you have any IDEA how many footballers in the World especially in the Top league come in as a sub and kick ass and to their jobs? Whether he plays 5 minutes or 90 minutes than he should show everyone what he's got. You can only live on ONE game for so long. and in Brazil?

21. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

All right, let's just hope Sir Alex Ferguson stays off the crack pipe this season.

22. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

on the ecua Board? He'll be a Peruvian in Cenepa valley by the end of the month.

23. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

even if SAF goes all machu picchu on us and benches him like tevez, yeah i'll be pissed, but so be it. valencia already proved to the world what he's made of. he made it.

it's the others that i'm worried about: benitez, sombra, and guerrero. i hope they don't end up like all the other ecuas who failed to make an impact in the EPL.

24. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Capurro, Montanero and Asencio need to come back to the NT.

25. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

I agree with you man, Bolanos is definitely one of the best wingers we have...it's a shame and extremely SURPRISING to see a player like that benched in a team like Interacional. It's not like Bolanos is playing in the EPL or el Calcio in a top club to deserve to be benched...it angers me too. I only wish that he could return to Liga once more (for a year) or atleast go to a league like Mexico's for a year then dip to Europe.