Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by Froboy69, Jun 23, 2019.
James played his ass off too.... hustled everywhere!!!
Cardona should have gone 5th.
Hopefully Quintero comes back. We need guys with balls
I am convinced you have a mentality problem. I knew you lost before penalties started just because of Chile's experience. They've been in more penalty shootouts than most generations.
Either way I do believe Quieroz is the right manager for you. He messed up with his lineups today but I still think he's a very good manager.
Tough luck but you only have to wait a year, not 4.
the problems here were not tactical, they were mental as has always been the problem with colombian teams. Queiroz did mostly everything he was supposed to. But this is a problem that has been deep rooted for generations and generations. We need to snap out of it already, its absurd. Its prevalent, at every category, at the club level, at the national level. You'd assume because most of these guys are internationally known players that these situations wouldn't be an issue but we still have instances where it comes back. There has to be more emphasis on this in colombia and it needs to be more of a conscious effort, being a good player isn't enough at this level. This is something that needs to be implemented at the grass roots level from the very beginning so when we play teams that are this sure of themselves (Chile) we don't just let them have their way
Guys I made a vow to God not to eat until we won the final had we made the semi finals but I seriously need a break from football.
Like a LONG break.
I am sorry but we have suffered for soooooooo ********ing long I am just sick of us not actually progressing forward.
Hell I dont even have confidence that we will make it far next year when we host the copa America. I am honestly disgusted at our players today and how they approached this vital match.
The coach does need more time dont get me wrong but seriously this was extremely disappointing in a game that we should have taken advantage of.
Ciao for now.
We should've ********ing played Peru or Paraguay or Venezuela... ********ing bullllllcrap for dominating a group stage.... ********ing awful way to go... Chile should've been on their heels all game.
We didn't execute and ********ing dropped our pants...
Wife went Ese pendejo se va a cagar and she was right
he looked scared and she is 2/2 for PK fk Ups
Every PK we took other then Minas was badly hit....
Sadly all the sub today did badly but Duvan/Diaz only got like 10-20 minutes.... today I don't blame mentality I blame bad coaching. Rueda won. We got so lucky 2x and the Chileans didn't lose faith....
after the 1st goal annulled we totally would have lost faith.
"after the 1st goal annulled we totally would have lost faith"
i'm glad most of us fans/supporters see that... thought the same thing and glad it's widely viewed as well... it was pretty apparent. Dynamic shifted...
I don't even know where to go from here. We didn't deserve to move on, that's the part that hurts the most. I can't believe we were scared to touch the ball today. What happened?
We didn't shoot at goal !!!
so many times Roger gets in position but doesn't shoot. I would have preferred to lose by either of the annualed goals
or by a larger margin. The coach hasn't been here long but he is on thin ice..... this is Pekerman vs Brazil/England bad.
What the hell was that $h!t-$how?
Ospina - should not have started, considering what's going on with his family. Not to mention we need a new number one. 6.0
Medina - ok, but I would rather have seen Arias. 5.5
Mina and Sanchez - mediocre with plenty of mistakes between them. 6.0, 5.5
Tesillo - was okay, apart from the penalty of course. 6.0
Barrios - ok 6.0
Uribe - had some decent moments 6.5
James - besides a few moments, he was off thinking about the chick he's gonna have relations with tonight. 6.0
Cuadrado - A plucked chicken, (hustle means nothing without execution) 6.0
Falcao - dude needs to be with his wife and kids and relax in the French Riveria. S-H-A-D-O-W. atrocious. 3.0
Martinez - not good 5.0
Cardona - I'm just happy he wasn't making puerile racist signs on the pitch. 4.5
Zapata - Big boy was on shrooms 3.5
Diaz - Nothing of significance 5.0
Quieroz - He has potential, made some promising lineups and definitely got it wrong tonight. 6.5 One loss ain't bad at the start of his tenure.
Selección Colombia - Weak mentally, this group could do with a psychologist and CBT. Started so strong and went out with a whimper. 6.5
Oh and the guy who said Mina and Sanchez will be the best defenders in the world, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
On the brightside, we have a chance to turn it around next year, and If we beat Brasil in September, ill be content FTTB.
You gave a coach who didn't make a sub till the 70th minute a 6.5 when his team was clearly being out played since the 10th minute?
He should get a 1 or a 2 today.... thats why I said you can't rate him until after the cup is done. OR even till the end of the year. Dude talks a big game but today.... is a rude awakening South America isnt Asia !
We are bigger and stronger yet almost always lost in the air or aggression in 1v1
Defense was bad.... worst game I have seen of Sanchez
MF did not exist..... Falcao and Roger had to run to MF to get the ball like when we had Bolillo.
Did we have any shots on Goal? ESPN says we have 1.... but I think it was the pathetic shot Falcao had in the 1st half....
he needs to make big boy decisions and seemed like he did vs Qatar but today he didn't have the balls to
Next round of friendlies I want to see us play good teams and not these lets get teams we will school to look good bullshit
Honestly I feel embarassed. We didnt deserve to win. Im not shocked we lost but i am shocked in how we lost. Duvan should have started and imo arias should have as well. Chile was balls to the wall and we had no one to keep them honest. Remember what muriel did to them arias/duvan could have at least provided other outlets and threats.
I was hesitant to praise queiroz so early, and this shows why. Just hope we learn from this going forward.
I gave him a 6.5 for the start of his tenure, not the match, the match he deserved a 4.0
Beating the worst Argentina probably ever..... away from home.....
Beating a Paraguay with a new coach and bad roster..... and beating a garbage asian team that parked the bus against us.
Also the other friendlies..... beating Peru is not a big deal.... tho the ref was tough with them that game. Beat Panama? Seriously !! Barely beat Japan and fine the Korea game was all on the goalie.... but still who did we beat !!!
Looks like it's a bit of 2 and 2a tonight.
- why didn’t Duvan start? He was adequately rested.
- I brought up before the game about Arias/Medina. I felt cuadrado had to drop back more to help Medina. Overall I felt Medina was a mixed bag today. I think he’s best as a backup going forward for Arias.
- subs came in a bit late, fair to say?
- thank you VAR.
- mentally, we were rattled after those VAR calls, too many deep kicks to nowhere or hard passes to nowhere.
- cuadrado had the most tackles and won the most duels today. I felt he was more positive than negative today.
- roger was bit greedy at times, I still like what he and Diaz can offer. Hope they can be a part of the core team this cycle and not be the next Marlos.
- I love uribe, but he was also a mixed bag, despite being rested. Maybe Cuéllar would have been a better sub than cardona who could have brought more balance to midfield. Would like to see Cuéllar in 8 role next set of friendlies.
- tesillo better at PK’s than Duvan and Diaz?
That’s it - I’m tired. I’m not that upset with the result today. We will get better over time as we play in more high pressure games. Let’s hope we can rebuild for next summer! Outlook is positive - a few tweaks and we will make progress.
Enjoyed chatting with you all these past 4 games.
I stand by my ratings. Before today everyone was commending him, especially on these pages, he just messed up bad tonight, now, if his tactics are trash against Brasil, then that's when we should sharpen the guillotine
I think we can all agree that FALCAO is done (as a player). If we want to win, Falcao needs to leave, end of story. He is soooooo off the pace, it's embarrassing. Although we all were off the pace tonight, but still...
Not everyone will agree with you. In fact, people are likely going to attack you for saying such a thing or just deflect it.
That's the problem.
PS. If you mean done as a player in general, I disagree with you too. He has quality to play in Europe for a few more years. And I think he should still be on Colombia's roster. But an undisputed starter for Colombia? No, those days have passed.
thats what ive been saying. Duvan at the 76th? Falcao was on his ass all the game. thast how he has been for a long time also. Cuadrado the same shit. he just makes it up by running and committing fouls
I must be older that most here and those years have thought me that we dont have the mentality to overcome certain situations. This game reminds me of the PEru game of Copa 2011 when falcao missed a PK. The peruvians talked shit and really invoked a hard fought game and beat us. Its like we dont have blood. like we dont get mad if we are insulted..
CQ truly dissapointed tonite with his coaching
im ********ing sick and tired of mina's dumb ass
Not at club level, but NT absolutely, done. IMO
Had to time shift watching the game so I just finished... That was tough.
Couple of thoughts:
- Really liked our first ten-fifteen minutes, pressing high and all over the pitch. We were suffocating them and not allowing their spacing. Their first VAR reversed goal came off a counter where they broke the press with passes in between our lines and that's when we cracked. We had been playing very compact and high the whole tournament but after that scare it felt like our lines sagged, we left spaces and they ate up the wings.
- He played well within his capabilities, but Medina's capabilities are limited and we lost a ton of projection down that flank relative to what Arias provides. I thought this pulled both James and C4 further back which left Falcao alone.
- Duvan was ineffective late but I'm shocked he didn't start. Wish we could have had him earlier before we gave away 3/4s of the pitch towards the end of the game.
- I appreciate James sacrificing for the team, but when he has to do that its a bad sign... Uribe was erratic as he had been vs Qatar - in hindsight, maybe Lerma gives us more balance but I can't fault CQ for betting on the more offensive Mateus.
- CQ was shouting the whole second half trying to get the team to press higher. It really is fascinating how we default to sag, defend and punt when we stress. We hadn't vs Qatar or Paraguay late - but Chile's pace and intensity got to us.
- Kudos to the refs for whistling Alexis forearming the ball down to control - he has always done that against us (scored a goal off one in qualifying a couple cycles ago).
Argentina who are in semis. Qatar champions of their region and Paraguay who took Brasil to pens... That's who we beat.
How do you come up with this nonsense?
I know there is still time, but if we don't win silverware with this generation, it will be beyond disappointing. Extreme letdown. Amazing how Argentina are so $h!t, yet they are in the semi's and we are going home...
We are becoming England with these penalty shoot out losses in major tournaments!
Also - good for Chile in pens - I think four of five of them went for kill shots high and in corners. They clearly were well prepared.