Colombia Sub-20

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by Baal88, Apr 22, 2016.

1. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I don't know why you had to extract and reply to each individual point if we basically agree on everything.

The only thing I will say is that when it comes to hopes it is dependant on the individual and their attributes.
    Like Cucho for instance has shown some good things already against the likes of Barca and Real MAdrid, Was given a chance to play for the Senior team off the bench in a friendly and arguably had one of the best debuts of any new player of any recent cycle.
    That is encouraging and he deserves a chance to prove what he can do in another friendly in the fall.
    I think it is cute and all when people like you call him the savior but that is more of a straw man being built.
    Most people see he has some qualities that can be useful as a young player being slowly groomed for the National Team and there are others on this team that also have positive attributes.
    It will be interesting to see how and when Queiroz uses these players and introduces them to his setup. He has been widely known in other jobs as a type of coach who brings in the youth and finds gems, but they have to be acclimated into his system and he obviously has to like them.

Azucarero repped this.
  2. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Agreed.

Regarding Cucho, I call him the savior, demigod of the pass and goal, hero to many. I hope that didn't fly over your head.

3. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Honestly the most that ive seen of cucho is positioning and guts............in the other aspects he tried but for me not in succesfull way............

said this I have seen better colombian players at that age or at least I had more expectations for others, which currently generates me Cucho. Good thing is thta he has all a career to become a btter player........but for me is not close to be a complete player.

Azucarero repped this.
  4. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #1279 HomietheClown, May 30, 2019
    Last edited: May 30, 2019
    It would be funny if it were something people actually said or believed. Not just hyperbole based on nothing.

5. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #1280 HomietheClown, May 30, 2019
    You have seen a player at his age score against Real MAdrid and Barcelona on the road? And score two goals in his debut for the Senior team?

I mean yes expectations should be tempered when compared to James and Falcao but he does have things about him other than guts and positioning. For instance when he plays right wing he crosses pretty well for a Colombian. He can also play left wing as he did later in the season for Huesca. He can also play a false 9 or 9, but as we see in this tournament may not be his best role.

6. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Not to mention for his size he is a pretty good header of the ball and he can also be a good FK taker. That FK he scored yesterday would have beaten most GKs.

7. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    1. This madrid team was the worse in 20 years in league.

2. A lot of young players have scored barsa and real...and isnt like he was super dangerous and influential in the match....

3. Imho he play acceptbale in right wing and nothing bad for his age....but he doesnt have the charatcristics to be a real good wing......i prefer he focused in a position......is better pllayer that is very good in one roll and not one that play 55% in a lot of positions.......then he become that players that are used in all positions and arent good in anyone........

4. Players that i like more his skills than cucho at this age: Falcao (yeah was sub but goals agaisnt argentina in sufdamericana and then in world cup was our best forward), Rodallega, Dayro, James, Quintero, Pino, Cardona.....im talking about skills not about that their current employer was an spanish team.

5. As i repeat the biggest virtues of cucho at this moment for me are positioning and guts......he can be "versatile" but more related with guts that by skills............

Doogs and Azucarero repped this.
  8. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Madrid was leaps and bounds better than Huesca and is still prestigious albeit going through a bad time.

No Colombian had ever scored on the road in Barca and Madrid in the same season. Let alone a teenager.

Yes, he will have to learn a role but it is all relative. His crosses and passes were good from the right side.
    I am hoping Queiroz knows how he will fit into his system best, If he even thinks he wants to see him any time soon. I have no idea.

9. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Pepino you have to go back 8-14 years to pick players with more skills and potential. Some of which lived up to hype and others did not.

I think looking at this cycle and looking at what he has accomplished so far along with his versatility the sky is the limit. But only if the manager sees him as being a net positive compared to other good players we have. Integration will come eventually though.

10. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Goals to madrid have scored even osorio botello.........we cant hype players because scored irreleavnt goals to madrid or barsa.....goals can be fortiotus, even more when barsa won like for 8 goals...

And because you dont rate so high "goals" that werent relevant you arent letting alone a teenanger............all teams in spain were better than huesca this seaosn but isnt a secret this real madrid was the worst in years......and hurting them wasnt so atypical.

Queiroz will call him if he performs in his club for sure.

Doogs, Azucarero and J-Mezzy repped this.
  11. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    No one is saying that scoring alone should be given hype. Just that it is a factor to consider. He seems like a gamer and is not intimidated playing against some of the best teams in the world at their house. Something I like to see in a young player or any player frankly.

12. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    It will be interesting to see which club he ends up at, Betis was the last one I heard as a rumor.

13. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    As i said before the skills that i see from him: are GUTS and positioning. And yes not intmidating are guts............said this I have seen more skilfful colombian players at that age and that i had higher expectations.

Azucarero repped this.
  14. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I would like that team...........but they unusued very bad the guy that was part of madrid.,.that today is in cordoba..........

15. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #1290 HomietheClown, May 30, 2019
    Yes, and you have to go back many years to find the majority of them.
    But we are talking about this cycle and players that may come in soon.

The definition of scoring in the moment is more than just guts though but I am done with this topic, it is irrelevant to the thread.

16. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yeah, nobody has praised him like the demigod he is.

17. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Villus made observations based on the games he has seen in that context.
    Many observations of which I agree with.
    I don't see him saying he is a flawless player who does not need to improve. Just a player at his age level that is very good at doing many things.

18. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    No one is talking about Sinistierra but I think he's so far looking a step ahead of many players in this WC. Good scouting on part of the Dutch to have picked him up so early and help his development. Hoping he can pick up some muscle/size in these next couple years.

Regarding this Sub20. This is a team that SCRAPED by the 1st round (last minute goal vs Chile) and despite barely scoring, grabbed that last place based on defense. So they played 3 matches and finished just behind Senegal and on to Rnd of 16 where anything can happen. As a team, they have already surpassed my expectation. Had we played Tahiti during our qualifier we would have scored maybe 1 goal, maybe. So having scored 6 (I know we missed a ton), is still a +.

With VAR in play I dont see how Reyes and or FCF can't make a claim to appeal for that stupid yellow on Alvarado. That kid is a nice player to watch. Reminds me a bit of Guarin.

19. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yeah for me at least in this tournament Sinisterra have been better than cucho and he didnt play in sudamericano.

If you asked me i have higher expectations in this moment with him than cucho.......yeah he doesnt have fiurst division goal in europe.....but i judge by the skills i see.

Alvarado could be similat to guarin, but he is much more organized than fredy so could be a plus.

Doogs and kromekote repped this.
  20. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Uruguay up 1-0 on New Zealand.

The Kiwis will be our next opponent if this keeps up.

21. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yeah the Kiwis are so easily dominated. I am beginning to think that this is a blessing in diguise for us that we're in this position.

22. praxis.en

praxis.en Member

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I would hate to play Uruguay

23. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Noruega winning 6 0 to honduras...........concacaf is a disgrace!!!

24. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Honduras is horrible that is for sure.

25. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011