Colombia sub-17

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by Froboy69, Jul 17, 2014.

1. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    their nt sucks they want to cap a 15 year old from
    Colombia

2. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Kid sucks.

Doogs, pepinointer and Azucarero repped this.
  3. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    well his brother....honestly isnt super good.....

4. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He is 15/16….. already writing him off?

Is he also a giant?

odd would have though these kids would have moved with their brothers and tried to join the youth teams of some euro teams their brothers play for or near them.

5. krass

krass Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Azucarero repped this.
  6. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I imagine they just want that age group to play together and get some cohesion since they lost the chance to play in any tournaments due to Corona.

Azucarero repped this.
  7. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Just caught a match the sub 17 played against Chile this morning. Despite ending 2-2, I was really impressed.

Lots of really versatile players. #10 Jordan Barrera, #20 Mateo Caicedo, and #7 Mario Tofar stood out. Each of them is quick, elusive when pressed, and great at recognizing when a run is being made or when they should make the run themselves.

Most importantly, this is easily the most tactically advanced Colombian youth team I've ever seen. They line up in 4-3-3 but convert to a 3-2-5 when in possession. The DM becomes the main CB, and the two laterales advance far up field, holding a line with the #9. The two CMs then just start picking apart the defense as the 5 up front interlap or make runs up field while the two original wingers drop back for give-and-goes.

Unfortunately, they lost control when they made 4 subs at minute 55. A 2nd yellow thereafter killed it. But they played a match literally the day before, so it was understandable.

Either way, it was some impressive stuff. Juan Carlos Ramirez is doing a hell of a job.

8. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    probably injury prone just like his brother anyway

9. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  10. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    who should we look out for here baal?

11. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

And @Azucarero lol

jay luis repped this.
  12. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I always felt like U-17 teams are sort of meh, most of the time these players ended up being nothing or fading into obscurity.

13. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    U17 is just that. A bunch of 16 year olds still growing, developing, maturing.

But what I do like to see here is that the teams called up represent a wide net call-up, not specific to any professional club or 'rosca'. Because at that age, and with a limited resourced infrastructure for youth, most of that U17 is raw but I'm sure we'll still pull out some gems.

I'll still watch :)

HomietheClown and Doogs repped this.
  14. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    yeah inevitably they have to scout in some remote places because these kids are not even pro's and may not even become pro lol. Alex Rojas should be called up for this

15. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

16. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    The Sudamericano starts in a couple days. Colombia debuts on Thursday against Uruguay.

I liked the little I've seen of them. Juan Carlos Ramirez is a solid tactician. Mateo Caicedo and Mario Tafur are going to turn heads.

Haven't had the sub 20 and the sub 17 both qualify for the WC in exactly 20 years. I think that'll change.

kromekote and J-Mezzy repped this.
  17. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    That's a real tough group we got assigned.

18. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    In name, definitely. But we said the same about the sub 20 group. Turned out to be the worst Argentina team I've ever seen.

(and now those fools have found a way to sneak in anyways...)

19. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    I get your point. And certainly, 15-17 year olds are just developing how to match up their skillset with strength and agility. That being said, even with some of the uncertainty in this category, Argentina/ Brazil/Uruguay still bring highly competitive teams.

Even that U20 Argentina team didn't get destroyed. They matched up pretty well with us in our head to head. Ultimately, they just weren't as good as the top 4 in that tourney.

But Ecuador both as hosts for this U17 and their natural physicality wont be easy. Uruguay + Brazil always put out top teams in every category. Maybe the only one we may have an advantage over is Chile.

Hoping for a great tournament.

Azucarero repped this.
  20. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    This field has some of the worst grass I've ever seen...

Azucarero repped this.
  21. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    I really hope this isn't one of those tournaments where they play the whole thing in one stadium. If so, this whole thing is already F'd.

0-0. Hard to judge the team in conditions like this. But it was very clear we had more talent in our squad than Uruguay did.

Caicedo was playing too selfishly, but he is a demon on the wing. Lots of created chances. Obando is a rare player who can do everything pretty well. Barrera, the 10, looks more advanced than most 10s we field in this age group.

krass repped this.
  22. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  23. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    His name is Nicola? Or a typo. More Italian than I thought

24. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It baffles me how little Ecaudor cares about the condition of their fields that even when their team is playing on it its poorly managed.

25. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Guayaquil has had torrential rains and the city was under water about a week ago,the stadium where they played is a semi pro stadium,I think they’re moving the games to the Emelec and Barcelona stadiums,but with the unrelenting rain no one knows how the field will be.

Azucarero repped this.