Colombia la sede del Mundial Sub-20 de fútbol en el 2011

Discussion in 'Colombia' started by crzdcolombian, May 26, 2008.

1. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Colombia será la sede del Mundial Sub-20 de fútbol en el 2011

El comité ejecutivo de la Fifa hizo el anuncio oficial en Sydney, Australia. Los únicos países postulados oficialmente eran Colombia y Venezuela.

Países como República Checa, Portugal, Mozambique y México también habían anunciado que se postularían, pero no presentaron candidatura oficial.

Espere la ampliación de esta información.

2. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Re: Colombia será la sede del Mundial Sub-20 de fútbol en el 2011

pero solo se postularon falta ver si va a SER o no asi que ese nombre del tread esta como mal... anoser de que ya la hayan elegido, donde eligan a Colombia el man venezolano de el foro de conmebol se va a sentir bien desilucionado :D

3. FLFootballFan

FLFootballFan Member

Apr 18, 2007
    Club:
    Nacional de Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Not confirmed yet. It seems that by midnight we'll know for sure. It would be sweet if we got it.............if somehow we could get stadium upgrades............like they promised they would for the "mayores" world cup a couple years of ago. I know we have some of the more decent stadiums in CONMEBOL, but they look, feel and appear to be from the '80's.... I guess we're too idealistic, but it would be awesome if we could new stadiums that look like the one RED BULLS is building......Just me dreaming

4. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

when i was in Colombia el Campin, el metropolitano and Nacionals stadiums werent that bad

but what it means if we get it is we will get our 1st youth cup trophy :)

lets hope the next sub 17 is good

5. minus

minus Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Portugal
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Great news...

6. FLFootballFan

FLFootballFan Member

Apr 18, 2007
    Club:
    Nacional de Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Tag!!!!!!!!! We're it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeahhhhhhhhhh!!!! it feels particularly good because it's Venezuela we were bidding against. I wonder how heavely Venezuela's stadiums counted to Venezuela's chances...............that's basically one of the few things they had a leg up on us...............I think we one because we're a better soccer nation and have more informed and passionate fans.

7. Siempreconlamecha

Apr 4, 2005

Entonces ir planeando el viaje a Colombia pal 2011... ojala la final sea en el estadio del Cali si es que lo an terminado de pintar...

8. FLFootballFan

FLFootballFan Member

Apr 18, 2007
    Club:
    Nacional de Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Si, ese estadio necesita que lo inaguren pronto ( llevan como 2 a'nos amagando con ser inagurado) y pues que obviamente lo pinten. Seria chevere en donde le pusieran asientos al estilo europeo........Como el Old Trafford o algo asi aunque todos sabemos que en Colombia no estamos a ese nivel

9. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

al atanasio le pusieron a la mitad de las tribunas, silleteria....en la tribuna oriental- tribna alta y preferencia, no se si en sectores laterales.... lastima que usaron colores varios y se ve como una piñata, al estar vacio...
    el de cartagena sera sede....anuncio el vicepresidente Santos.

10. FLFootballFan

FLFootballFan Member

Apr 18, 2007
    Club:
    Nacional de Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Si pero esos asientos parecen como esos que uno llevaba antes a las corridas de toros......parecen como si fueran cojines caros........je je je je...

11. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

con espaldar!!

12. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

a few things... is the metro going to be done in barranquilla by then ??? because when I was there it was supose to be done by Early Jan and it didnt even look 1/4 done to me.. and the taxi situation in quilla every car is a taxi but no one has a sign up, this is ok for us but think about people from europe coming a lot needs to be changed

another thing Cartagena !!! that place is a hell hole... the people dont leave u alone... they just keep harassing u and harassing you and if they notice your not from their they charge u like 10x more and if they think ur not colombia 20x, and if ur white 50x.

Something needs to be done in cartagena because alot of people their only want to screw with tourist, dont get me wrong its a gorgeous place but the peole their dont know how to treat tourist

Bogota and Medillen to me where fine but Bogota always had like 4-5 soilders with AKs every where might be werid for foriegners

never been to Cali or Manizalez so I hope Colombia plays there so I can go

13. jinks

jinks New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    London, England

^^^Hahahaha that cracked me up, its true and I know what you mean. Ive been to all the big cities but its a changed country now. Would be perfect to host this, not even winning but letting FIFA know that we got the strenght to hold something this well can maybe lead us to get it in 2022.

14. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

cuantas sedes? 9?

armenia y pereira son fijos y bueos estadios, con un par de retoques y pintura
    creo que camerinos tiene que ser remodelados en todas partes.....mas la atencion medica y sus instalaciones.

15. FLFootballFan

FLFootballFan Member

Apr 18, 2007
    Club:
    Nacional de Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

ManizaleS has always been kind to the NT at all levels. That's where Colombia was crowned champion in the Sub-20 and that's where Colombia beat Honduras in the Copa America. If you remember well, that stadium was packed and it's a great place to establish homefield advantage because the sound gets trapped because of the roof.... El Palogrande is one of the better looking stadiums in Colombia......Remember back when Once Caldas played Sao Paolo in the 2004 Copa Libertadores??? The crowd was amazing.......just as it was it was during the Copa America

About Cartagena, that's what you get in every tourist city. But you're right, for what I understand, people there really harrass tourists. About things being more expensive, that's how it is in tourist cities anyway. Do you think Miami is a cheap destination compared to St Louis???? getting gas, food and hotels in Miami is almost a rip-off.......the only difference is that the people ripping-off are not in the streets.

16. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

no i no its more expensive but i went with my fam and gf and I asked for something it was like 4 bucks, my gf asked it was like 20 bucks..... yea thats a big difference we were like dude dont talk to to us .... and just dont talk at all, wear a hat so they dont spot u

o and another time we were in a taxi that was goin to take us back to barranquilla think the guy said he would take us back to barraquilla from cartagena for like 50 bucks so we were like ok not bad. The guy drives 4 blocks gets a phone call tells us he cant drive us, takes us to a bus that will take us to quilla and says guys Ill get u a deal. He comes back and says the 3 of u can go back to quilla for 125,000 pesos... I was like dude I talked to a person here and they told me it was only 20,000 pesos each and then the guy wanted to fight me because I wouldnt give him money for driving me 4 blocks. I gave him 3 bucks and told him to ******** off

17. Siempreconlamecha

Apr 4, 2005

crazy obviously hasn't traveled much...
    Cartagena is one of the greatest cities in the world (at least the tourist part). Screw you for making me think back to january where there I was sitting at cafe del mar overloooking the old city on one side and the ocean on the other. With a lovely group Colombianas, a montecristo, and downing the vodka redbulls before the club.

18. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

never said it wasnt a nice place just saying the people who work there should all be arrested is all :)

I mean i dont mind paying alot its vacation and thats what ur going to do but when a person is blatingly ripping me off, makes me up set. I actually liked Santa marta better than caratagena personally, water is nicer and no one harasses u

another thing 4 anyone going to Cartagena get what ever u are going to pay for in writing because they love to change the price on u, the person u dealt with at 1st wont come back to see u..."u talk to their manager" who will want to charge u a few x more

19. Siempreconlamecha

Apr 4, 2005

it's called a tourist trap... it happens all over the world. I'm thinking you noticed in Colombia because you can actually haggle (differential pricing is a fact of economics). Actually an extreme is Cuba that has a completely different currency for tourists than for locals.

20. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Una alegría luego de dos frustraciones

“Aquí en el país tenemos muchas cosas que hacer y no hay tiempo para atender las extravagancias de la Fifa y sus socios”. Con esa frase, Belisario Betancur Cuartas tiró al suelo la ilusión de Colombia de hacer el Mundial de Fútbol de 1986.

More...

21. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

:mad: la mitad de mi familia trabaja en Cgena... sorry pero se que mucha gente no va a estar de acuerdo conmigo (its my opinion) para mi Cgena es la mejor ciudad del mundo, es verdad que quieren cobrarle de mas a los turistas pero asi es en todas las ciudades del mundo, dicen que en la muralla china es peor... como dicen en cgena si te ven la cara de gringo pues "a este gringo no los mamamos parao " recuerdo que por un taxi que costava 5 000 pesos me querian cobrar 15 000 cuando les pase algo asi solo respondan "heche tu crees que yo soy un turista o que viejomen a mi no me clavas no seas tan marik" ya con eso consiguen un descuento :D

22. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Francisco Santos propone demoler el estadio El Campín
    La propuesta hecha por el vicepresidente de Colombia se conoció después de la designación para organizar el Mundial Sub-20 de 2011.

El estadio de Bogotá, donde la selección colombiana obtuvo su más resonante título internacional, la Copa América de 2001, puede ser sustituido por otro moderno escenario para albergar en 2011 partidos del Mundial Sub'20, cuya sede fue concedida a Colombia por la FIFA.

Colombia planea invertir el equivalente en pesos a 56 millones de dólares para organizar la edición 17 del Mundial Sub'20, según informó hoy el mismo vicepresidente Santos.

El estadio 'El Campín' cumplirá 70 años de fundación el próximo 10 de agosto y es la sede de los partidos de la selección colombiana en las eliminatorias del Mundial de Sudáfrica 2010.

"Valdría la pena pensar en tumbarlo y hacer uno nuevo", comentó el vicepresidente Santos, uno de los más entusiastas promotores de la candidatura de Colombia como organizador del próximo mundial juvenil de fútbol.

Santos matizó que antes de optar por tal opción, convendría examinar la posibilidad de entregar en concesión el estadio 'El Campín'.

También dejó entrever la importancia de poner en servicio otro estadio en la ciudad de Cali, en clara alusión al que está construyendo el club Deportivo Cali como alternativa al vigente 'Pascual Guerrero'.

"Es muy importante hacer el segundo estadio de Bogotá y poner en servicio también el segundo en Cali. Tenemos muy buenos estadios, pero tenemos que mejorarlos muchísimo", agregó.

Además de Bogotá y Cali, los organizadores del próximo Mundial sub'20 tienen previsto desarrollar el torneo en las ciudades caribeñas de Cartagena y Barranquilla, y las cafetaleras de Manizales, Armenia, Pereira y Medellín.

bacano la final en cartagena se me hace

23. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

like what Stadiums do we have that are new? or quality....

I like the Junior one when I went there 2 years ago but isnt it like falling down or something like that?,

also my uncle a huge Millos fan said Millos was building their own stadium, and what happened to Deportivo Cali's new stadium wasnt it supose to be done by next year?

and the transportation and stuff like that any one know when the Metro will be done... in quilla?

Also what players do we have right now that will be able to play ??? players have to be 20 by 1/1/11

Andres Felipe Mosquera (Corp Bogota) born in 1991 playd in sub 17
    James Rodriquez (banfield,arg) born in 1991 so he can play MF
    Steven Lonazo (Charlton,ENg) MF is around 15/16 so he can play
    Miguel Julio (DIM) MF played in sub 17 this year, also 1991
    Raul Asprilla (boyaca) FW born 1991 and was in the sub 17

24. FLFootballFan

FLFootballFan Member

Apr 18, 2007
    Club:
    Nacional de Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

The newest stadiums are Cali's and then the one in Manizales. I guess the one's in Pasto and Ibague had stands added to it so those could be "semi-new"

I hope the Vice-President comes thru with this idea. We really need to revamp many of our stadiums. As he said, " El Campin" is quite old and having new stadiums in Cali( when are the finishing this one again?) and Medellin would be awesome.

25. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

el gneral santander??????????