Colombia in U17WC (formerly known as: Crazy has no confidence in Colombia outside of Cardona)

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by crzdcolombian, Oct 18, 2009.

1. dirtysanchez

dirtysanchez Member

Jul 11, 2007
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Re: Cardona is injured and out of the U17 WC.... Colombia has 0 chance now :(

That's good to have pride in your country. Lets be realistic and not use hypotheticals.

I could say Colombia would always qualify to world cup if they had a good coach, but that'd be pointless.

Kudos to Iran. It's good for Iran that they are dominant the second worst confederation.

I disagree with your statement about Colombia being nonexistent in the world soccer scene.

If Colombia is nonexistent in world soccer stage then what does that make Iran?

I highly doubt Iran has ever made it past the first round of the world cup. How many Iranian players play in the UEFA Champions League. How many Iranians actually play in Europe period?

Colombia has actually made it out the first round of the world cup. Colombia has players that start weekly for their respective clubs in the UEFA Champions League. Colombia has players that soccer in the UEFA Champions League. Each transfer period there's an average of 5 to 10 players from the local Colombian league that get sold to clubs in Europe. Colombia has countless players that play and start in Europe. I don't think I could say the same about Iran.

You made me laugh by mentioning futsal and beach soccer. Most of those players are either retired or not skilled enough to play real soccer.

Don't change the topic by mentioning other sports that have NOTHING to do with this discussion.

Stop being arrogant and cocky about Iranian football. If I was an Iranian soccer fan I wouldn't even imagine myself with that attitude.

But if you want to have an intelligent discussion you are certainly welcome, if not then go post on the Iran board if there even is one.

2. ineedanewname

ineedanewname Member

May 16, 2007
    Iran Air

haha are you serious? dude Colombia qualified to the world cup 4 times, they finished dead last in their groups 3 out of 4 times and the other time they finished 3rd and advanced to the next round. Are you actually proud of that? I don't see how you can talk as if Colombia has done so much better than Iran. i.e Iran finished 3rd in their group in 98 as well but didn't advance to the next round because only 2 teams advanced, if it was the same in 1990 then Colombia wouldn't have advanced neither.

As for how many Iranian players play in Europe at least more than 50
    http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15123

the most famous ones at the moment are Javad Nekounam the captain of La Liga club Osasuna and Masoud Shojai the most fouled player in La Liga last season who also plays in Osasuna along side Nekounam.

You have players who play in the champions league and suddenly that makes you better? so what Ali Karimi played and scored with Bayern Munich in champions league as did Mahdavikia with Hamburg (against Juventus and others) and Ali Daie with Herta Berlin and Bayern Munich scored many goals the most famous ones were 2 against Chelsea and 1 against A.C Milan.

Because of political situations Iranian players can't go and play in Europe as easy as South American players who all have agents and European connections, but once they go to europe they become the stars of their respected teams and the fans most popular players.

You talk as if Messi and Ronaldo are Colombian players and your team has reached the semi finals of the world cup a bunch of times, like it or not globaly we are in the same level. I brought up Futsal and Beach soccer as they are Fifa based tournaments as well and many good players like Ronaldo (futsal) and Cantona (beach soccer) learned their soccer skills there. They are as much irrelevant to the topic at hand as the senior teams achievments which you guys have brought up not me.

3. colombo

colombo Member

Jul 25, 2006

OMG what a waste of time.

This is like disscusing to a new rich, there's no point.

He will never understand. Suddenly those new countries think they are the same, we have our history since 1940's when the best players of the world played every weekend in our stadiums, we've had also pele, maradona in our stadiums, which have also seen play our golden generations and now we have to hear this.

We've been south american champions at all levels (southamerican understand?), twice with 100% colombian teams playing in japan for intercontinental cup.

Oh well let him talk, his words are his worst enemy. He doesn't even know what I am talking about. Go and play wtfkistan and be happy man:D

4. el escorpion

el escorpion Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

como sera el dia que ganen algo:rolleyes:

5. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Guys relax.... he is just a fan of another team ..... no need to all gain up on him.

He thinks his team is better we will see when we play them. Tho if we had Cardona it would be no contest.

That kid from Udinese looks like a real Gem, I wonder why Millos didnt give him more time set up every scoring chance we got.

We just need 1 more win and its round 2 and from there who knows.

We need to make it to the 2nd round ... Cardona or no Cardona. Our group is supose to be hard but I dont really see it. The dutch had nothing

6. dirtysanchez

dirtysanchez Member

Jul 11, 2007
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Yo trate pero el hp es mas terco que un burro.

7. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

A mi me emberraca es q no entienda q el futbol es relativo y q de a su seleccion como campeona solo por estadisticas, un equipo puede tener una racha de 50 partidos y eso algun dia se va a tener q acabar. Vamos, quien iba a creer q Colombia le iba a ganar a holanda? yo creia q si mucho empatabamos, jaja.

Yo no digo nada por los jugadores Iranies, porq siempre me han parecido muy talentosos y con una mejor infraestructura en su liga seguro obtendrian mejores resultados (igual que le pasa a colombia), y en el Mundial del 2006 me sorprendieron gratamente haciendole partidos muy dignos a las selecciones portuguesa y Mexicana.

Ademas, me parecio un insulto muy berraco q insinuara q los jugadores colombianos eran mayores de lo q se dice... el unico caso conocido es el de Carlos Castro y si lo dice por los jugadores morenos del equipo es porq no tiene ni idea de la diversidad racial en Colombia, todos los morenos de Colombia son de descendencia Marfileña, Senegalesa y Angoleña, todos los africanos sufren el mismo problema, nadie les cree la edad.

8. colombo

colombo Member

Jul 25, 2006

The only hard one was Holand, and we already beat them.

BTW what kid from Udinese???? Cuero?

9. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

#11 think he is wilson cuero that plays for millos

10. colombo

colombo Member

Jul 25, 2006

Good player but the other two guys who played yesterday, they are the big deal.

Omar Vasquez and Pedro Franco... great players.

11. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I hope they can all keep developing through to the senior side. I still remember watching Johnny Acosta taking down Brasil back in like 02 or 03...

With these kids you can just hope they keep their heads and don't get hurt.

12. ineedanewname

ineedanewname Member

May 16, 2007
    Iran Air

;)
    a smiley face is worth a thousand words.

1 person likes this.
  13. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Yo les dije... un equipo no se puede basar todo su juego en un solo pelao, y mucho menos a esta edad. He visto a muchos equipos ser borrados en estas categorias, sobre todo el caso de Belgica en el mundial del 2007, en el que Eden Hazard, uno de los jugadores mas deseados hoy en dia en toda Europa fue anulado completamente por cada uno de los equipos contra los que se tuvo que enfrentar, y por esa misma razon quedo eliminada, no se tomaron el trabajo de buscar variantes porque tenian en su equipo a una futura estrella mundial.

Precisamente eso me ha sorprendido mucho de estos muchachos, a pesar de haber perdido a su jugador mas importante se sobrepusieron y han realizado un torneo notable, jugando como un equipo y dejandonos 4 o 5 joyas para un futuro proximo de nuestra seleccion, ya saben, Cardona no es el unico que tiene el talento para sobresalir.

14. colombo

colombo Member

Jul 25, 2006

Lo mas importante es que no estan jugando con un 10 definido. Me parece excelente la manera de jugar de Cuellar, al mejor estilo de los volantes mixtos europeos.

15. dirtysanchez

dirtysanchez Member

Jul 11, 2007
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Agreed...

:D

16. ColombieUSA

ColombieUSA New Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago Fire

I think the name of this thread has to change...

17. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

mehh, deberia ser borrado mas bien.

18. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

There you go.

1 person likes this.
  19. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  20. hanzellmo

hanzellmo Member

Feb 25, 2007
    Bogota
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

best thread name ever

21. Siempreconlamecha

Apr 4, 2005
  22. MrPaisa

MrPaisa New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Madison, NY
  23. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    :(

...... still guys this team plays like Maturanas Colombia...

1st half sleep.... and get scored on

2nd half come out like a demon and try to fight your way back

Its a 2nd half team

24. dirtysanchez

dirtysanchez Member

Jul 11, 2007
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    What happened to those Iran fans who were dissing Colombia football and calling Iran the winners of the tourney?

25. jinks

jinks New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    London, England
    Colombia face an unbeaten Swiss side who have been playing well. They get scored on though and quite often too. They and Colombia have very similar traits.

The country is behind the team even if Viafara is leaving the best players on the bench.