Colombia in the GC [R]

Discussion in 'Gold Cup' started by MoRado, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Hartfield

Hartfield Red Card

Jun 15, 2005
    Bogota D.C
    Re: What's wrong with Colombia?

That's another thing we have been missing goals constantly...we have 5 clear chances and we miss.. our defense is extremely pathetic. Who do you think is going to replace Moreno?

2. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

oops I mean Renteria/Arzuaga....

Moreno...sadly there is probably no one right now.....we keep searching for a "10" and that is where we fail.....we have to move on past looking for the next "10."

Tressor is not a bad player, but today and against Panamá he had no one to play with, the only reason he was so good against Perú and especially against Ecuador was because he had Cordoba/Yepes behind him, and JPA/Rey in front......see that's the problem I see of mixing the "veterans" with the young guys in a match, and then expecting the "veterans" to have the same performances they have with an all "veteran" squad.....see that's where Brazil gets it right, when they bring their young squads, they bring only their young squads, they don't try to mix veteran and rookie players......

but that dosen't matter now, this team was/is a complete dissapointment.....and we'll keep falling lower and lower if we keep playing like this.

3. Hartfield

Hartfield Red Card

Jun 15, 2005
    Bogota D.C

these players have just started playing together so you must be right...

I say that Moreno did better because he had good defensive midfielders that actually helped...I hope we dont change our tactic against Uruguay..but Moreno shouldnt play he is complete scum, unprofesional etc..everything bad is him.

4. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA

well to be honest before this cup started i thought Colombia was gonna make it to at least the semifinals and that would be a better opponent than the US...they lost to Panama and i thought...well all the teams have a bad day, but now i check the news and see that they lost to Honduras too??...which is a team that isnt even playing to get to the WC...

it has been disappointing really...i thought Colombia's B/C squad was gonna be a lot better than 2 of the weaker Concacaf teams...

5. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

yea its pretty bad, it seems we're not there to play, at least that's what it looks like, it seems we are there for the vacation, Pacho did the same thing, but at least that team won some games....

6. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I think that the root of the problem is that everybody in Colombia understimated Concacaf and felt overly confident after scoring 8 goals in two games.

Then since Rueda thought that it was going to be easy he called more "promissing players" to develop them hoping that it will be enough to make it at least to the second round. And then the players he called basically sucked.

It is not like their a bad team, but they do not have what it takes. This team doesn't have bench and while the defense is promising lacks experience, and those 10 minute lapses are costing us dearly...

7. Hartfield

Hartfield Red Card

Jun 15, 2005
    Bogota D.C

I also think some of these players need a break..Ramirez have been playing since the begining of the year..he plapyed the final etc....

8. SeymourHooters redded

Jul 11, 2005

Hire Canadian Frank Yallop as your manager, that would
    get rid of our main problem.

9. simonb_nyc

simonb_nyc New Member

Jun 7, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls

That's why Colombia sucks. A true world power NEVER underestimates their opponents. You never hear Brazil or England saying they don't take their opponents seriously. Colombia has been hyped over and over again since their Copa America 1993 win. It's time to give up and admit that they never achieved their full potential and probably never will. I mean...losing to Panama...jeez!! I suppose in a few years, Venezuela will overtake Colombia in CONMEBOL and that's a harsh reality!

10. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001

Mondragon looked like a very old man in the net last night, no legs, very slow reactions.

11. ChcgoStingInMyBlood

Jun 15, 2005

If they can beat T&T and get some breaks they'll still make it to the quarters. The backline is definitely suspect IMHO, but if they can straighten themselves out, they are still capable of damage in a knockout stage. So we shouldn't write them off yet...

12. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

they never say that!

the coach, who made it to the main team thanks to his great performances with kids and youngsters, decided to prove talent for the games to take place in october (vs Uruguay and Chile)
    pretty much the winner in october goes to WC06!

In a sense He felt that his non-experienced squad will not lose to Concacaf sides......they also do not show Motivation to be in Miami, playing a tournament that means nothing to the federation! They are just 3 friendlies to rest of the futbol nation

13. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA

well isn't it like a wake up call?...i mean there's a lot of young players, is that the future of the colombian futbol?...isnt it alarming they have been beaten by 2 weak teams even by concacaf (low)standards?

14. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

the future replacement of the "true" NT is the u20 team who is resting back home, after these performances these guys will be their subs...(minus the vets who are playing now of course)

15. cheguevara04

cheguevara04 Member

Apr 19, 2005

Honduras does not have their 'A' squad. Honduras is missing most of it's A team. Amado Guevara(Metro, USA), David Suazo(Caligiuri, Italy), Maynor Suazo(Salzburg, Austria), Edgard Alvarez(Caligiuri, Italy), Martinez(Shanghai, China), Rambo De Leon(II Div. Italy). Honduras outplayed your national team with at least six players that I can think of off the top of my head that were not on the A team that should be there. Honduras is a team that should be competing still for a spot in the world cup. Unfortunately a series of well documented events have prevented us from getting past our second round of qualifying. Injuries, corruption, and overzealous reporters prevented us from moving on. You have shown a weak team at this gold cup though. While i have MANY Colombian friends, i hope your team does not make the world cup. In your country F1 takes the cover page over soccer any day of the week. Your last two home games for world cup qualifying were a joke attendance wise. In Barranquilla you all could not even half way fill up your stadium for a world cup qualifier. I think the attendance was just under 20,000?! amazing. Go watch the next Grand Prix in austria, because your national team is a joke. No one cares either by your attendance figures.

16. Hartfield

Hartfield Red Card

Jun 15, 2005
    Bogota D.C

out played??? jajajaj hondurenios pongase a limpiar baños..no sea payaso.

17. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Stop smoking that ********, it is harming your brain man....

Colombia outplayed all its rivals, but lack of scoring and the inexperience of the defenders ended in back to back defeats.

Last time I checked when YOUR goalkeeper is the MVP, you are not outplaying anybody. Of course at the end of the game you had more options because our team was all out on attack...

"Colombia no supo aprovechar las libertades que le dio Honduras, que no representó ningún peligro en la primera mitad del partido. El gol colombiano, que llegó al minuto 29, fue convertido por Tressor Moreno, de penalti, tras una confusión entre el portero Víctor Coello y el defensa Maynor Figueroa, de Honduras."

"El portero hondureño, Víctor Coello, evitó que Colombia se hubiera ido al descanso con un marcador más amplio."

"Honduras mostró en la cancha velocidad, pero en general fue Colombia la que generó más peligro con la creatividad de Moreno. El equipo hondureño se hizo dueño del partido en el segundo tiempo, con el dominio del balón. Pero sus delanteros tuvieron dificultades para marcar hasta que Velásquez rompió el maleficio e igualó el marcador."

"Se sintió decepcionado por la incapacidad de anotar que patentizó el equipo en los tres encuentros que disputó. "Nos pasó igual con Panamá y Honduras, que generamos numerosas oportunidades de anotar sin definirlas... hoy mismo fue un partido de muchas posibilidades y no podemos estar satisfechos ni conformes con lo que hemos logrado'' en el torneo, evaluó Rueda."

18. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

frank is not the problem, the maple team needs a REAL keeper and a ban for Life Ocean.....(what a sorry stricker)

does anyone Know the TIME of the game for colombia vs USA? In houston?

19. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica

And Colombia is still alive....

20. colombeaner

colombeaner New Member

Jul 14, 2005

Without Moreno, Colombia wouldn't be fighting the last entrance position for the world cup

21. colombeaner

colombeaner New Member

Jul 14, 2005

Hire who? Tiene que ser pastuso

22. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica

Vamos colombians.....los apoyo en su proximo partido!

23. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

bump....

Salud Colombia! (everyone but ILC and his various versions) :)

24. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA

Felicidades...Mexico played poorly but i think Colombia had a very good game...didnt get to see it from the start but the comentators where talking about how Colombia deserved to be winning the game in the first half...

Now u better win the cup :D

25. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica

Totally agree....