Colo Pre/Post match discussion (R)

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by PZ, Aug 16, 2002.

1. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hope you enjoyed the game, Doug.

2. Jeff

Jeff Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Alexandria, NOVA
    Is Glinton going to be ok? That was one scary landing on the pitch last night, someone in Croc's brought up a comparison to Thiesmann. It looked so bad from a replay that I couldn't watch a second time. Then in the next ten minutes, we see no cast going on, leading us to believe his calf muscle rolled up on him (we orignially thought he had a badly broken leg), then him trying to jog!

Point: does anyone know what the exact extent of his injury is? I send my best to him, hope he gets better soon. That scared the ************ out of me.

3. 100fyrz

100fyrz New Member

Dec 3, 1999
    West Hollywood, CA
    Sigi said on the post-game radio show that Glinton did sustain some sort of fracture, that it wasn't clear whether surgery would be required to set it or if it could be rehabbed, but in any case he's done for the year :( :( . It's a great shame; he's definitely become one of my favorite new players.

A weird stat: We're 2-0 when Ruiz doesn't play. Certainly yesterday was the best I've seen us play all year. If we could just get that going while Fish is on the field, we'd be very hard to stop.

4. The Cadaver

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Free local TV on KCAL Ch.9 - over the air (not cable). Bound to impact the crowd. Too bad - but their loss. They missed a great game. Remember: Big Crowd = LAG screws up; small crowd = remarkable performance.

5. The Cadaver

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad you enjoyed your first trip to an LAG game. Maybe we can get you to add LAG to the lsit of teams you support!

6. TequilaJoal

TequilaJoal Red Card

Mar 3, 2002
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was a horrible display

We shouldnt take any pride in a win like that last night.

We beat a team that could hardly call itself a team, there wasnt one decent player out there for the Rapids last night.

This was a lazy, shiftless, non-chalant performance out of team going to the playoffs!!

they had 2 shots on goal and neither of two were at all dangerous, it was a digusting display of MLS at its worst. While the San Jose / D.C. game was great and entertaining, and wasnt expected to be, this one was HORRIBLE.!!!!

The Galaxy can't take anything from this win last night, they essentially beat 11 men picking their arse last night.

Bring on K.C. another gutless, heartless, un-motivated squad of losers.

7. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to one of the reports I read this morning Gav has a fractured ankle. It'll be reexamined in a couple of days but things don't look good for the Super Sub.

8. galaxyfan03

galaxyfan03 Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Glendale, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DAMMIT!! That really sucks!!

When I saw the replay last night, it looked VERY bad. But then after a couple of minutes, Gavin was up & walking. Thought he was ok. Now find out that it's an ankle fracture.

He's our Super Sub & was having a GREAT year!!

It's a MAJOR shame if he misses the rest of the season, which it sounds like he will!!

Puts a bit of a damper on last night's result!!

9. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Worst thing about the whole Glinton situation, is that (like every game), I scream for Sigi to put glinton on for moreno (I can't stand how he moves in slow motion). THis game Gavin looks up and points to me right before sigi inserts him. THen 40 seconds later, season over.

Forgive me if I cursed him =(

10. dawgpound2

dawgpound2 Member

Mar 3, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA
    Tequila,
    Is it ppossible the Galaxy actually had something to do with Colorado looking so bad?

The boys weren't standing around all waiting for Ruiz to save their bacon, so they actually picked up their "speed of play" and took advantage of the Crapids.

11. The Cadaver

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lets give a nod to two guys who normally take a lot of stick on this board:

Brian Mullen, two assists - the first one on a VERY nice cross to Cien, the second one the result of dogged persistence even when he was knocked down. Not bad for a sub.

Danny Califf: a "quiet" game - which meant he was under control and NOBODY got past him. This is the Califf we need to see if LAG are going to go past first round in the playoffs.