Collegiate players improving? and other thoughts

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by BVgolski07, Oct 19, 2007.

1. BVgolski07

BVgolski07 Member

Aug 8, 2007
    Milwaukee
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Watching the LA NY game tonight I was quite impressed with richards and roberts. Richards could develop into a great player, his speed is just incredible. Imagine him and beasley out as wingers or J Mapp. Anyways, his good performance got me thinking. It seems that rookies and younger players are starting to show up as high quality players in this league. Edu, Klestjan, Holden, Soumare, and others have been looking good. I also see the popularity of college level soccer growing. Has the level of NCAA soccer been up'd much in the last few years? I think this league will continue to find a few gems every year that will add to the quality and depth of MLS. With the season winding down and crazy trade rumors floating around I almost cannot wait to see next season's rosters. If the league supports greater payrolls, I really think some teams are going to make big moves. LA, Chicago, NY, DC, and NE I think will be the most interesting to see.

2. Steele

Steele New Member

Jul 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Richards is from Jamaica and has play for the NT since college.

3. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I dont think college players are that good to be honest. I live in the bay and have plaid against both Santa Clara and San Jose state, Ive plaid with these guys also and others from Berkeley and in my opinion I have seen way better players in the San Francisco Soccer Football league. (the best sunday league in Cali)

4. MUTINYFAN

MUTINYFAN Member

Apr 18, 1999
    Orlando
    What bothers me about college soccer is players coming in to MLS at age 22-24. If they are younger than that, it I have no problem. But in any other country, many players at that age are seasoned veterans.