College Online

Discussion in 'Education and Academia' started by EvanJ, Aug 28, 2010.

1. TheJoeGreene

TheJoeGreene Member+

Aug 19, 2012
    The Lubbock Texas
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I have a M.Ed. purely through and online program and have seen no ill effects when job searching. My recommendation is to go through an established university that has an online component. The online degree mills aren't very good and most of their students don't graduate anyways.

2. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I paid $1,442 to the Blackstone Career Institute for a "Legal Assistant/Paralegal Career Training Program." The program can be done entirely online but you can mail in your exam answers if you want. It has 14 volumes each of which has one, two, three, or four short (20 multiple choice question) exams for a total of 31 exams. The information is in PDF form that can be downloaded, and it comes with a legal glossary, the ability to ask an instructor specific questions, and a message board for students to communicate with each other, although exam questions and answers cannot be discussed on the message board. One thing I don't like is that a student does not have access to read a volume of text until he or she has taken the exams on all previous volumes. The topics I will learn can be found at http://www.blackstone.edu/career-training-programs/legal-assistant-paralegal-training/curriculum/

3. kiadavies

kiadavies New Member

May 2, 2013
    Club:
    AC Ancona
    Hi all

I am asking if anybody has done a theory based home study course in pft such as this one. I want to enrol but I am just seeing if anyone has done a similar course to this one through home study on the theory side only. http://www.opencollege.info/fitnesstrainer.html

Your thoughts are appreciated

Thanks

4. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

If you get your online degree from an actual University, not a for-profit degree mill like Phoenix, an employer has no way of knowing you got your degree online. I am getting ready to finish my degree which was done 80% online through a University that has been around since the Civil War. The classes I take are exactly the same as the people that attend classes. Same book, same assignments, same final. How exactly would these employers know the degree is online? The diploma doesnt look different. The transcript looks no different.

5. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Does your major require lab time?