Colinho Thread

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by SCP_16, Aug 10, 2017.

1. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Another dubious PK, and dubious red card as SL Colinho gets dominated at home by Portimonense.

2. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    lol how such a questionable penalty warrants a straight red without hesitation from the referee blows my mind.

I'm pretty sure we all agreed that Dost's penalty a few weeks back was soft. This was even softer and drew a direct red lol

Salvio realizes his touch fails him on an otherwise great ball from Pizzi, then he goes down with minimal contact.

I don't think it's even a penalty, but I'd entertain the argument, what you can't justify is that sending off.

SCP_16 repped this.
  3. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Colinho

And some more colinho:
    https://imgtc.com/w/bjejlUf

And an extra side of colinho:

Fabio Verissimo, VAR for 3 out of 5 SL Colinho games so far this season. Glad I started this threat to catalogue Benfica's corrupt run. 3 years too late.

5. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Hilarious they choose to use it in our games and Portimonense's goal today. But they refuse to use it for Benfica unless it benefits them. Just another way for them to control the games and the league.

6. theFOOTBALLlover

FC Porto, SC Freamunde & Fraser Park FC
    Jan 17, 2015
    Sydney
    The penalty is ridiculous. Such an important decision and the referee doesn't use VAR.

7. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    What did you expect when it's the same VAR for all three games, including the dubious Jonas PK. Benfica has holes all over their squad but they don't mind, as long as they have the most important players in the game: their referees.

Those refs should take a bullet in the head.

8. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Thats the one thing I'm not getting with the VAR either. wtf triggers it? Why on a call like that is it not reviewed? I figured all penalty's would just be automatically reviewed.

Even Portimonense's disallowed goal. He was offside by like 6 inches lol, it was the right call no doubt, but what triggered the review on an otherwise inconspicuous looking play? If it goes the other way is it reviewed?

I think the VAR is a great tool when utilized properly, Sporting's game against Estoril was an example of that IMO. But they need to set out guidlines. You can't review some penalties and others not. They all need to, especially if it leads to an expulsion. At the very least you review that and say, ok its a penalty but that's not a red.

VAR hasn't proven any type of transparency to me, not yet, if anything it's having the opposite effect lol

---Z--- repped this.
  9. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Not one single Benfica player even appealed for an offside lol

SCP_16 and ---Z--- repped this.
  10. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    #85 BatatasFritas, Sep 9, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
    These Benfica refs have stopped caring and don't even try to pretend they are neutral. The latest PK call and red card is just embarrassing. I can just see Eliseu roundhouse kick an opposing player and the ref will grant Benfica a PK plus a red for inflicting pain on Eliseu's foot.
    Benfica is struggling against these "minnow" teams, it will be interesting what the refs will have to do when Benfica face Porto or Sporting.

Reminds me of WCW back in the day when the NWO had their own ref.

---Z--- repped this.
  11. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    you guys are funny

its the same for porto, sporting, benfica all the time when playing the rest of the league thats why i refuse to support the big 3

nbstriker8 repped this.
  12. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It's cause you are a lampiao aka maritimo fan and even proved it posting a pic in a red shirt.

It's okay maritimo will bend over and lose 5-0 at home to Benfica like usual .

13. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    This. All penalties should be automatically reviewed! Such big decisions.

14. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Well it's pretty clear that video referee would have been a huge impediment to Benfica fixing game, blackmailing league officials via email, etc. So they found a way to compensate: only use VAR when it benefits them.

5 games in and we've already seen colinho in 3 or 4 out of the 5 matches. It's getting blatantly obvious now. It will be interesting to see how many fabricated penalties and offside calls the league comes up with by end of the year. No way you can hide this level of corruption.

At what point does UEFA or FIFA intervene? Since the FPF refuses to handle it.

theFOOTBALLlover and BatatasFritas repped this.
  15. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    FIFA doesn't intervene with FAs

So far it seems like sporting and Porto are superior to Benfica but it's still early , and as you said the referees keep bailing them out

16. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Bruno Fernandes scores goal after goal, each one better than the last, and we get this:

received_10212101074294797.jpeg
    Lmao. This is why Portugal and the Portuguese league isn't seriously regarded. You trash flowing out of Seixal like this dude and BENCHes and yet they call em Maradona. Good god, what a country of slb-dick-riding retards.

17. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  18. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  19. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    #94 benficafan3, Sep 11, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    Great analogy, I agree. Again, this extends to all Top 3, although clearly to Benfica moreso.

Speaking of corruption, the Jorge Mendes squad, is getting plain, in your-face-we-don't-give-a-********-corruption these days. Lazio recently paying huge sums for some Braga players (youth players specifically)? LFV has been riding this pony hard, apparently deciding he had too much fun, hopping off Jorge Mendes wild pony ride this summer with an abysmal transfer period that has resulted in Benfica being the third best team in Portugal.

Jorge Mendes runs Portuguese football. I wouldn't doubt if Mendes was even able to get to someone like Fernando Santos. It would be the only rational explanation for some of the choices this past summer. "Fernando, since I've already sold Bernardo Silva before the Confederations Cup, would you mind playing Nani instead. I'll give you ten cartons of Marlboro cigarettes."

I've heard crazier shit.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

20. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Jorge mendes should have been with the team celebrating on July 10 16

21. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Looks like Benfica could of used some colinho from the padre today.

SCP_16 repped this.
  23. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Andre Almeida gave up a PK at the Luz. The "Maradona" didn't expect to be called for that. No colo, no party. This isn't Liga Sagres.

BatatasFritas repped this.
  24. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Maradona is still in shock over the call. He is emailing The FPF to sort this out.

25. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal