Cole Bassett at Fortuna Sittard (olf Colorado Rapids)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Does not make the bench for the match against NEC. No idea what the time frame is, but it's not today.

In lieu of an all touches video, watch this video where he prepares to fight the Sith. Also known as Ajax.

2. If we go by the experience of Reiss Nelson it will be some weeks before he will make the bench.
    So, patience grasshopper, patience.

Gorky and Winoman repped this.
  3. eliwood

eliwood Member+

Jul 25, 2016
    @zlebmada said he looks like Robin Van Persie

I can kinda see it too

PalmettoSpur and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  4. PalmettoSpur

PalmettoSpur Member

Oct 21, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I literally had the exact same thought during the intro video. Glad I'm not crazy.

(Well, not for that reason, at least.)

eliwood repped this.
  5. robstonewall

robstonewall Member

United States
    Mar 11, 2021
  6. https://www.ad.nl/nederlands-voetba...de-niemand-die-feyenoord-echt-kende~a863b08f/
    [​IMG]
    Aanwinst Cole Bassett denkt dat Feyenoord bij hem past: ‘Ik kende niemand die Feyenoord echt kende’

Cole Bassett mag dan voor de lange termijn zijn aangetrokken, de 20-jarige middenvelder wil bij Feyenoord toch zo snel mogelijk stappen gaan zetten. De Amerikaan noemt zelf al snel de naam van de eerstkomende tegenstander. ,,Sparta’', zegt hij. ,,Ik hoop dat ik er dan al bij zit.‘’

Mikos Gouka 24-01-22, 14:44 Laatste update: 17:22

Acquisition Cole Bassett thinks Feyenoord suits him: 'I didn't know anyone who really knew Feyenoord'
    Cole Bassett may have been recruited for the long term, but the 20-year-old midfielder wants to take steps at Feyenoord as soon as possible. The American himself quickly mentions the name of the next opponent. "Sparta," he says.,,I hope I'm already there.'' Mikos Gouka 24-01-22, 14:44 Last update: 17:22

7. EXALIFTIN and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  8. frankburgers

frankburgers Member+

May 31, 2016
    He will be very good there.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  9. One must love the bravura/boldness confidence he expresses, but realistic it isnot.

"The American himself quickly mentions the name of the next opponent. "Sparta," he says.,,I hope I'm already there.''

The Feyenoord midfield is powerfull.
    Orkun Kökçü, just rated as "Eredivisie player of the month", is now Turkish international (many Dutch pissed he didnot choose to play for the Orange Squad) and on the watchlist of top clubs.
    Guus Til is an 18 million€€ player on loan until the summer and member of the Orange Squad and made it into several Teams of the Week.
    Fredrik Aursnes is doing very well and made it several times in Teams of the Week of several media.
    Jens Toornstra is the veteran and captain of the team.

It will be weeks of absorbing play style, tactics, etc. before he will be ready for sub minutes.

10. Pl@ymaker repped this.
  11. Feyenoord hasnot put Cole on the list with players for the Conference league after the winterstop.
    Now that's not a surprise to me, given he's fresh in and needs to adapt.
    Feyenoord can't risk to have a player on the list who might turn out not ready yet when needed.

Winoman and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  12. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    So, the limit, I think, is 25 players, including up to 3 new ones from the transfer window? Understandable but still disappointing for Bassett.

Winoman repped this.
  13. The new signings on the list are the dual nat Dutch/American Sandler, a CD, a Swedish winger and a Dutch midfielder.
    The last one is very experienced with titles won with PSV, so a no brainer he's added to the list as in the midfield we needed an experienced extra player.

Casper and Winoman repped this.
  14. I forgot to mention another signing, 18 yo Dermane Karim, who's a midfielder too and was skipped for the UEFA list too.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  15. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York

Look at that familiar name on the bench vs. Sparta Rotterdam. With a 2-0 halftime lead - potential cameo for Bassett to get his feet wet?

Winoman, BostonRed and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  16. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He didn’t play but Feyenoord got the 4-0 win.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  17. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Starts for U21s:

And scores:

18. WheezingUSASupport

Dortmund
    United States
    Aug 28, 2017
    Let’s hope this is just to get him match fit and sharp after not playing for several months.

19. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Michael Bradley played mostly for the youth team in his first year at Heerenveen, then eventually started 33 games and scored 15 goals in a season.

ChicagoVT and WheezingUSASupport repped this.
  20. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was on the bench for the 1st team today. DNP in 2-0 win.

ShortyMac, Gorky and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  21. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the bench:

Up 3-1 in the 2nd half.