Cold Weather Gear

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by soccer711k, Aug 25, 2002.

1. soccer711k

soccer711k New Member

Jul 1, 2002
    I was wondering what to wear under my jersey to keep warm during the winter months?

2. gkjoe

gkjoe New Member

Aug 7, 2001
    Michigan
    Usually running around keeps me warm enough. If it's really cold, I have a shirt that's just like underarmour coldgear, it works really well. the most important part of staying warm is keeping dry

3. Becks7

Becks7 Member

Dec 6, 2000
    Hong Kong
    wear gloves and a toque

4. soccer711k

soccer711k New Member

Jul 1, 2002
    whats a toque?

5. gerr18

gerr18 New Member

Jul 11, 2002
    Under Armour makes a cold weather mockturtle neck longsleeve shirt which is very nice in the cold. I only wear it when it is frigid though...I cant stand lots of clothes on when I'm playing, but this is thin and doesn't really bother me at all.

6. Becks7

Becks7 Member

Dec 6, 2000
    Hong Kong
    that's what us Canadians call a "woolen" hat...

[​IMG]

that's a pic...

7. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    don't worry about it... you don't need squat

it's only as cold as you let it be in your mind, in other words... it's not cold

8. Becks7

Becks7 Member

Dec 6, 2000
    Hong Kong
    and then you get hit with a rock hard ball in the chest, and u come out of your little dream...

9. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    huh?

have you ever played in snow, sleet, and/or wind from hell???

weather matters not, it's in your head... you don't have to let it bother you unless you are ok with being weak

you have probably taken kicked soccer balls off of your face at extremely high velocities (face, not the head)... that probably also didn't do anything to you... why? you had no inclination of it being something that should have caused pain of any kind... so why should cold?

i've run 10 miles in sub zero farhenheit, 12 inches of snow and with nothing more than shorts and a t-shirt... when i was done my shirt had frozen to the hair on my chest... but i was perfectly fine, it's a complete mind job... prepare yourself or start making concessions, just be careful, once you admit that you are weak, you'll make concessions for more and more things... your hands are cold, your arms are cold, your toes are cold, the ball hurts, it's cold no matter what

your mind and your body can do strange and wonderful things together... you just have to believe

10. Gmoney

Gmoney New Member

Mar 5, 2001
  11. Chetmonkey4000

Chetmonkey4000 New Member

Sep 1, 2002
    Chicago
    man, just in case ur wondering, there is a little thing in this world called frostbite...wear something underneath....i played in a game with snow, and i had 2 long sleeve shirts and a turtle neck on under my jersey, i wore a wool hat, and 2 pairs of socks (that might be a little hard but if you can manage to squeeze ur foot into your boot w/ them, it is worth it) if you play a position where ur throwing the ball in a lot, you might wanna find something loose, but if you play a central position...you'll be fine...also, if you happen to come off the field, drink water (even though it doesn't seem like you need it) and grab a blanket to cover your legs