Colantuono Fierd

Discussion in 'Palermo' started by colagrosso3, Nov 26, 2007.

1. colagrosso3

colagrosso3 New Member

Jun 16, 2007
    Montreal
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Palermo President Maurizio Zamparini has sacked Coach Stefano Colantuono and called in Francesco Guidolin for a fourth spell.

The Sicilians were hammered 5-0 by Juventus last night to leave them in equal sixth after an inconsistent campaign.

Colantuono arrived from Atalanta in pre-season, but he has struggled to make his mark and been publicly criticised by Zamparini.

“The club wants to communicate that we have taken control of the side away from Stefano Colantuono,” a statement reads on the club website.

“We want to thank Colantuono for all his work and the post will be given to Francesco Guidolin.”

There seems to be no bad blood between the departing boss and the directors as Colantuono made a conciliatory statement on Radio Radio.

“I don’t want to cause controversy – these things happen in football,” he stressed.

“I want to thank the club for the opportunity and I’m leaving the side in sixth place.”

Guidolin arrives again having already taken charge of the side on three occasions.

The ex-Monaco man only left the post at the end of last term and reportedly refused the Queens Park Rangers job just over a month ago.

Colantuono is the fifth Coach to receive his marching orders following Marco Giampaolo, Andrea Mandorlini, Massimo Ficcadenti and Fernando Orsi.

I AM SO FED UP OF ZAMPARINI AND WITH HIREING FREKIN GUIDOLIN OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND I AM FED UP OF THE SACKING OF SO MANY COACHES, IM STARTING A PROTEST AGAINST ZAMPARINI WHO IS WITH ME??
    [/FONT]

2. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This is the 4th time Guidolin has been brought back.

But I think he has to because he's still under contract and getting paid by Zamperini, so if he refused his contract would be void and he wouldn't get a weekly paycheck.

3. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow. But I'm not really shocked. The team has looked the worst it has in a long time. His lineup decisions were inexplicable to me. Cassano is probably right about a contract but I'm not sure.

4. colagrosso3

colagrosso3 New Member

Jun 16, 2007
    Montreal
    so what if he was in our pay role, why guidolin again, y not chase lippi or cappello or another great choice, its always frekin guidolin i dont get it

5. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I can confirm Guidolin is still under contract for Palermo, and I can tell you he's not the only getting paid by Palermo for not coaching them.

6. FNU

FNU BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    ??? Elaborate.