Coiner in "field of vision"

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by freisland, Jul 7, 2005.

1. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    (Apologies to Wright Morris)

Jri passed on the news that Ryan Coiner scores 7 in preseason rout. Coach has a few good words for him:

(courtesy of worldlingo) The new obligation of union Berlin obtained 90 premiere minutes for the Kieler already seven of hits in its altogether. "over Ryan one does not have to say much. That stands, where it burns and makes its gates. Therefore we got, praise it "coach franc Neubarth the 25-year old US Boy, which is to repair the latent conclusion weakness from the past series.

http://www.kicker.de/content/news/a...liga=1&saison=2005/06&spieltag=1&gruppe=17049

2. Stan Collins

Stan Collins Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Silver Spring, MD
    Yes, one must always repair one's latent conclusion weakness as soon as possible. ;)

3. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That worldlingo translation is classic. But for those who might want to actually get an idea of what it really says, I offer my rough version:

"The new signee from Union Berlin scored 7 goals in his 90 minutes for the 'Kieler'. 'You really don't have to say much about Ryan. He gets in there where it's hot and scores his goals. That's why we brought him in,' raved trainer Frank Neubarth about the 25-year-old US youth, who should repair the recent weakness in finishing from the previous season."

4. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Holstein Kiel, Regionalliga.

I think he will do good. He did very good with Berlin and they had a terrible team and he didn't have much support from the midfiel I guess.

Now with better players and especially a healthy environment instead of chaos he should be one of the best scorers of the Regionalliga Nord.

5. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And for any Americans uninformed about German leagues, the heirarchy goes like this...

1. Bundesliga (Bayern, Stuttgart, Bayer, etc.)
    2. Bundesliga (Energie Cottbus, Dynamo Dresden, 1860 Munich, etc.)
    Regionalliga North and Regionalliga South

Top two clubs in each Regionalliga division (North and South) earn promotion to the 2. BL. In the most recent season Holstein Kiel (Coiner's new club) finished 10th out of 19, while Union Berlin (his old club) finished 19th out of 19 in the same league. Obviously relegated to the Oberliga.

6. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Way to ruin a post by making it inteligible - sheesh.

Thanks for the translation - I was wondering what exactly Neubarth was saying about him.

7. jri

jri Red Card

Sep 28, 2000
    boca
    Thanks for posting it, and glad to see Ryan off to a good start.

He's been a great sport coming on here...especially when times were tough, and he coulda run/hid.

It'll be interesting to see what our boy can do w/some real support behind him. Neubarth was an excellent player in his day, although god only knows how that'll translate as coach.

It says the club goal is to be in the upper 1/3 (and from an earlier article, I believe they want to be in the promotion hunt the year after that)

8. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    How many does he have to score to get more than a few?

9. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    Kiel scored 31 goals over these 2 games. Ryan scored 7 of them and that Lithuanian guy scored 5. The Lithuanian guy went back home though.

10. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    He should go to Chivas USA!

;)

11. Jacques Strappe

Mar 24, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Were they playing against the local Middle School JV squad or what?

12. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    A district team, a couple of levels below them.

13. jri

jri Red Card

Sep 28, 2000
    boca
    Off the Kiel website, Ryan came in the 58. of the 3rd test match, and scored at the end of the game. Apparently Kiel is trialing a National Team player from Leichenstein (who plays in Switzerland), who got 2 goals- named Beck.

Would be cool if Ryan 'beat out' (1) a player named Beck and (2) a national team player to boot.

14. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think they were playing the Watford Long John Silver Impersonators.

15. coldfusion

coldfusion Member

Dec 3, 2003
    SoFla / SoCal
  16. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've looked everywhere and can't believe I can't find a pic of the Long John Silver Impersonators vs Gynecologists match.

Has the internet finally failed to deliver?