Co Adriaanse I've got a good feeling about this guy!

Discussion in 'FC Porto' started by Quaresma2020, Jul 8, 2005.

1. Quaresma2020

Quaresma2020 Member

Mar 29, 2004
    Ottawa,Ontario
    since his arrival I've been hearing good things about him, that the way he is building this team and taking total control. He's very diciplined and from what I heard off a very offensive coach, which is a good thing because we have the right players to be very offensive in , Postiga, Quaresma , Diego and so on.. I think we are going to tear up the superliga and hopefully Go extremly far in the champions league.... (Sorry guys Im not trying to jinx it) :D !

2. Quaresma2020

Quaresma2020 Member

Mar 29, 2004
    Ottawa,Ontario
    by the way is McCarthy still playing for us or is he leaving?

3. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal
    Well, he is with us but for how long i can´t say... Westh Ham seemed to be interested in him but 9 million euros its alot of money, plus McCarthy will miss all the February month or even more due to the African Cup of Nations, so teams are reluctant to pay this ammount of money for player that will miss at least 1 month of the season in a crucial moment.

4. Quaresma2020

Quaresma2020 Member

Mar 29, 2004
    Ottawa,Ontario
    Thanks for clarifying that!

5. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    "Temos de seguir as regras e nos jogos não é permitido usar anéis nem brincos. Para mim, os treinos são como os jogos. São as regras da UEFA e não as minhas"

"Quando se é uma estrela de cinema, podem usar-se todos os acessórios, porque a imagem é importante. Mas um jogador tem de jogar com os pés e não com as orelhas."

:D We needed this guy last season to slap some sense into players like Quaresma and Carlos Alberto.

6. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    The Coach Has Impressed Me As Well

7. FCPorto_Dragao

Jun 15, 2005
    E DUBs
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    yep, there definitely wont be any nights on the town for these youngsters...or car crashes a la Peixoto, Quaresma and Bosingwa...he'll slap them into shape...I just hope he isn't too exteme like Octavio Machado was.

8. Bertje

Bertje New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Leiden
    He better wins a lot of matches, or your media will get rid of him in no-time.

9. Portoholic

Portoholic New Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Not to mention the fans. If Porto gets off to a rough start his head will roll.

10. Bertje

Bertje New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Leiden
    You can say goodbye to Co now. Playing attacking football and being succesfull in his first season with a lot of pressure on him will be to much for him. That and he will never be able to win from Benfica. Every time Koeman and Adriaanse clashed Koeman has won.

Ah well, then maybe Sporting can win the league. Seems fine to me. :D

11. T.Reis

T.Reis New Member

May 23, 2005
    Oakville, Canada
    The thing i wonder about is if some of these "hot shots" are starting to think that if they don't like a coach, they can simply play half-ass and wait until the coach gets fired.

PDC need to continuoisly show that he is behind CO 100% over and over again. That way you show the players that the board is behind the coach it's the coach's way and that's it.

The revolving door of manager's at Porto has to stop here, or the message being sent to the younger players who are supposed to lead this club in the future (ie- Hugo Almeida, Anderson, Ivanildo & Vilas Boas) coule be drastic for years to come.

12. ferreirajl

ferreirajl New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Lisbon, Portugal
    [​IMG]

Whoao... just read this article in o Jogo, but its all over the news too.

Adriaanse just EXPLODED on Leo Lima because of his lack of application in yesterday's practice session!!

The picture is hilarious!! Adriaanse looks like he's having a seizure, and Leo Lima is just standing there being schooled like a little boy!!

The ironic part is that Leo Lima was the guy that complainted about Jose Couceiro being too easy on the players! Well... hope you're satisfied now biatch!
    Now drop to the floor and give me twenty!! :D

All I have to say is this:

It's about time we get some discipline.

13. ferreirajl

ferreirajl New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Lisbon, Portugal
    [​IMG]

"It's the second time I tell you!! You got another player next to you, NOW PASS THE FREAKING BALL!!"

That's what Adriaanse said to Leo Lima's face, LOUD and CLEAR!

The brasilian player seemed to mope and in the next exercise was sort of shying away from the ball.

Adriaanse stoped the practice again and let him have for the third time:

"So you're just going to stand there and do nothing? You're not gonna make it if you keep this up. You gotta move! You can't play football like that..."

Will Coort, the GK coach intervened to calmly explain the brasilian what he was doing wrong. Baía assisted with the translation.

But according to newspaper "Record", Adriaanse wasn't even in a bad mood! Minutes later he was encouraging Leo Lima!

"It's just how he is!"

(full article from Record )

14. Quaresma10

Quaresma10 New Member

Mar 20, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    I totally agree. Last year there was no discipline and players were to "lazy" attitude when they play.

15. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Boy this guy plays no games

16. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Absolutely hilarious. This is going to be an entertaining season :)

17. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Co on Leo Lima:
    "Os jogadores brasileiros pensam que se não tiverem a bola alguém vai recuperá-la para eles. Se queremos fazer pressão, precisamos de onze jogadores a pressionar. Caso contrário sofremos contra-ataques. Léo Lima não fez o que eu queria. Se todos fizerem o que têm a fazer não haverá problemas comigo. Eu expliquei durante 50 minutos. Depois expliquei na prática e dei-lhe uma oportunidade («Léo, pressiona a bola!»). Se depois de três explicações ele não faz bem, então tenho de usar outros métodos para o ensinar. Se não quiser aprender, vai embora!"
    http://www.maisfutebol.iol.pt/noticia.php?id=561365&div_id=1304

:eek: :p

18. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    here's another good read on Co Adriaanse on his explanations of tactics, does not hide anything and sort of reminds me of Mourinho in some ways :rolleyes: http://www.ojogo.pt/21-146/artigo482695.htm

19. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    He made the players Bike 35Km today in the heat.

20. ferreirajl

ferreirajl New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Lisbon, Portugal
  21. robocope

robocope New Member

Apr 9, 2005
    Lisbon
    Leo Lima was the first one out of the team.He is already in Porto to solve is situation!

22. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    He's a great coach. But his methods kind of only seem to work for two to three seasons. He has even said this himself (which is why he never seems to last more than three seasons at one club).

23. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    You can only be a bully for so long...players now a days don't take to drill sargeants to well anymore...players make too much money...