CNN: Arafat dead

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by MikeLastort2, Nov 5, 2004.

1. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    I just downloaded "Another one bites the dust" by Queen...beautiful song for this moment :D

2. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    For the next four years, terrorist will be dying to that tune!!! Marines LOVE to kill to that music!!!!!!!!!!

By the way......4 more years of terrorist dying at the hands of Marines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hu Ahhhhh!!!!!!!!!

3. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    Re: Arafat on life support

Bye freakin Bye......Bastard!!!!!!!!!!!! Notice I shead NO tear.

4. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria

Yasserrrrr.......has a very nice Hair Doooooooo

But his Mother is a Whore...........

And he can't score a Goallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "He's Dead Jim".

6. tcmahoney

tcmahoney New Member

Feb 14, 1999
    Metronatural

Ummmm ... maybe it's because he tried to kill a whole lot of Israelis, dontchathink?

If the Palestinians can send out waves of suicide bombers just because Ariel Sharon visits the Wailing Wall, then Israel can tell the Palestinians to go stick Arafat's corpse in a box from Wal-Mart.

No tears shed here at his passing. Sadly, I foresee more chaos in the short term as Palestinians duke it out over the succession, but I'm always going to be open to the long-term possibility of peace and insist our leaders work toward that goal.

7. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Sing With Me People :d

Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead, The Witch Is Dead, The Witch From The West (bank!!!!!!!!!!!!!) :d

8. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

An Isreali spokesman said that Jews bury their Kings in Jerusalem, not terrorists.

9. obie

obie New Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NY, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As I said in one of the original dead / not dead threads, in the end the guy turned out to be just another crooked politician. Neither sorrow nor glee from me, just some regret that he used his position to benefit himself first and his subjects last. But he ain't unique in that sin.

10. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Pretty much the same way for me. He's dead, and for better or worse, an era is over. We'll move on.

I understand why people are happy, but he stopped being a factor a long time ago, and his death isn't going to make Israel any safer. And I understand why people will grieve, because without Arafat, the Palestine homeland may not be an issue at all, but as you say, he abused that political might for his own personal gains.

So my take is, a famous old guy is dead. BFD.

11. Benito

Benito Red Card

Aug 25, 2004
    He is going to hell? Good when I see him I will take his fing money off him.

12. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    I'm not cheering his death, but he was ultimately a failure. Hopefully things will get better now.

13. DoyleG

DoyleG Member+

CanPL
    Canada
    Jan 11, 2002
    YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    JOY TO THE WORLD! THE BASTARDS DEAD!

Champagne anyone?

14. DamonEsquire

DamonEsquire BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 16, 2002
    Kentucky
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As some would say "Hence all budget cuts, fails politics."

15. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Let's dig into this terrorist's finances and return his stolen money to his people; build schools as oppose dto bombs, fix roads rather than protest on them! Joy to Palestine: The Terrorist is dead!

16. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel

Is that Champagne Kosher?

17. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Just a little though on Arafat!

Ladies and Gentleman...

I just wanted to vgive you a brief roundup on Arafats career, just so you know a couple of points to take along with you...

Realize that:
    When people were horrified of the September 11 Attacks and Hijacking of planes. Arafat and the PLO pioneered it, hijacking well over a dozen planes alone in the 1970's.

When people cried out at killing children at school in Besland, Russia. Arafat invented that idea of deliberate killing of Israeli children in Schools and instructed 2 Attacks on schools in Israel in the early 1970's killing about 50 Children aged 17 and under in a spade of attacks.

When People condemend Israel for attacking Lebanon in 1982, they quickly shut there yap when finding Arafat at that time had over 1500+ stash of missiles with ranges that could hit populated Israel cities in the North-Central region of Israel. As you know that was the case as to why Israel invaded Lebanon....to stop the attacks that Arafat was committing on the North of Israel, the gallile.

Usually, when the olympic games are ment for peace and coexistance. Arafat has other ideas for the olympics by kidnapping Israeli athletes and deliberately murdering them in a coupe to bring down the olympic glory of harmony and coexsistance.

When people praised Arafat, like there doing now, unfortunately, for him being a charismatic leader and a leader with potential, people simply ingore is double face tone in arabic, where he supports uprising, supports the jihad and supports the violence against civilians. This was Arafat..........

18. JPhurst

JPhurst New Member

Jul 30, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    I have little respect for those like Jacques Chirac who try to lionize this man, but there's no need to engage in jubilation when someone dies. Respect the mourners, so long as they don't use his death to further spread anti-semitism. Then move on.

19. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    Because we should respect those that mourned Stalin's, Hitler's or other world leaders who use their position of power to do wrong. Screw him and his mourners. They will use his death to spread anti-semitism because they use anything to spread anti-semitism. I for one am glad that his day of judgment with Allah/God/ whatever has come. If he truly believed that martyrdom would result in virgins, etc., he would have strapped a bomb on himself. Instead, he sent young adults in the infancy of their life to their death to assist him with his "political" goals by blowing up busses with innocent Israeli's and children on them. That disgusts me as well as the rest of his life. I will celebrate his death as I will celebrate the death of any terrorist whether they be Palestinian, Arab, Chechen, Irish, Basque, or whatever. Their politics do not disgust me, their methods do.

20. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Satan, meet Yassar. Yassar, meet Satan. Now that we have the formal introductions out of the way, we can get down to business.

A game of Twister to break the ice perhaps?

21. btousley

btousley New Member

Jul 12, 1999
    in response to this post .... while I would not cheer anyones death - simply noting Arafat's support of Munich 72 says enough for me. He was a massive impediment to any chance to establish a Palestinian homeland.

The Palestinians have a chance to fix the problem now - let's see what they do. Do they want to move into the 21st century or stay in the 15th century?

It will be intersting to see if we ever get to the bottom of Arafat's finances or the UN Oil for Food program. .....

22. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Ugh. The coverage of this ticks me off. The man's no hero, just because he's dead he's been getting rose colored coverage from the press.

23. JPhurst

JPhurst New Member

Jul 30, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Dude, chill. Look at any of my posts on this forum regarding Israel and you know that I got it's back. I'm just saying we shoudn't be cheering from the rooftops and dancing.

24. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    As I said before, I can't get myself worked up either way about his death. He was politically irrelevant since the Camp David Accords, and he was nowhere near as important as his supporters and detractors wished and pretended he was.

The only joy I take from his death is that it may serve as a catalyst for the peace process that has been in suspension for too long. The timing seems to be right, as Sharon has shown signs that he's willing to work.
    And I think we are fortunate that his death was drawn out, rather than sudden. It gave the Palestinians time to regroup and prepare.

Of course, this may all turn out to be ********, but at least there is a chance.

25. MtMike

MtMike Member+

Nov 18, 1999
    the 417
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The exact quote was "Because the temple mount is a place for Jewish Kings, not Arab terrorists."

Mr. Israeli spokesman, don't beat around the bush, say what you really mean.