CM question

Discussion in 'Manager Games' started by CrazyDCFan, May 27, 2004.

1. CrazyDCFan

CrazyDCFan Member

Mar 31, 2002
    Henan, China
    Is there any retail site that sells the championship managers and offers direct downloads instead of mailing you the game? I just bought the classic CM 01/02 game but don't want to wait for a week and a half to get 03/04 if I can help it.

Thanks in advance.

2. andythemick

andythemick New Member

Aug 22, 2003
    louisville, ky
    The short answer is no. You can't order Champ. Man. from an overseas retailer and have it shipped because its in violation of copyright laws, which Eidos didn't get for the United States. However, I would say that getting it on ebay is no problem at all. I have had CM4 and CM03/04 shipped from Thailand from two different people and have had no problem. And really, the week to ten days that shipping takes is no less than what it would take from Great Britain.
    So, sorry about the inconvenience, but it looks like ebay is the best option. And, like I said, from my own personal experience, its not half bad.

3. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can get CM 03/04 from the UK w/ no problem. Go to a www.gameplay.co.uk, or www.gogamer.com, and you can get CM 03/04. Copyright issues are why the GAME itself isn't available on US Shelves but that does not stop the UK.

4. Danks81

Danks81 Member

May 18, 2003
    Philadelphia
    Yeah I've purchased 3 different versions of the game from the UK. Surprisingly each time it took less than a week to receive.

5. UxSxAxfooty

UxSxAxfooty Member+

Jan 23, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Umm... yeah.

I got CM4 shipped to my door just fine from the UK.

6. andythemick

andythemick New Member

Aug 22, 2003
    louisville, ky
    OK, sorry for the misinformation. I only tried to do it once, so it must have just been the company's policy that I was trying to use. I'm glad that I'm wrong. But I'm even more glad that Sega is releasing MLS Manager over here next year so we don't have to go through this again.

7. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right. Certain internet stores (Amazon.com, play.com) will not ship to the States. Bummer..but MLS Manager will definitely make this the most widely distributed Footie Sim since CM01/02 and CM4