CM Greats - Cherno Samba

Discussion in 'Manager Games' started by Joel Goodson, Feb 15, 2005.

1. scaryice

scaryice Member

Jan 25, 2001
    Serge Makofo, CM4

2. blackpool fc mark

blackpool fc mark New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    BLACKPOOL
    In CM 03/04 I always signed Kasper Schmeical, he was awesome, I took him to my Blackpool team, when we got promoted to the premiership after deciding to take up the option of signing him for 20k after a loan spell, I wanted him to be my understudy to a Romainian goalie who i cant remeber the name of except I signed him from Ajax, after he had a bad spell I decided to give Schmeical his chance, from then on I can honestly credit him for keeping my team in the premiership and winning the FA Cup, he was unbelivable, i real rock. I will track him down in my FM game when i get in, see what his stats are like

3. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    The ultimate in cheating. He truly was a legend. :D

4. Tiko

Tiko New Member

Sep 6, 2005
    Hi everyone! This is my first reply on this forum. When I played CM 03/04 first time with Burton Albion I bought a player of Aldershot: [Tim Sills] and paid only 8k. It was GREAT STRIKER. With him I won FA Cup in 2nd year. He scores 50 times in 40 games. Even when I was in Premier League he was 1st goalscorer in 33 years old.
    When I played 2nd time with Ciudad de Murcia I bought Cherno Samba(SUPER!!!!) and Alesio Cerci. Samba was called to English National team at 21 years old, was the player of the year in Spanish Premiera two times in three years. Andres D'Alesandro and Frank Lampard were nothing compared to him.
    P. S. Sorry for my English. I'm Armenian.

5. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    No problems with your English, you make a shiitload more sense than most of the English-speaking posters here. And Cerci is unreal.

6. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    You should all be ashamed that this utter legend has not been mentioned yet.
    Come on guys, standards are slipping... :eek:

Kennedy Bakircioglu will destory your soul.

7. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Golden Boy: Houllier Bids £1.5m for 15-year-old

Millwall Slam Kid Snatchers: Paphitis Blasts Liverpool

Man, Wall should have sold him. :(

He is still talked about on the Millwall boards.

8. g bugout

g bugout Member

Jan 27, 2002
    nyc
    I was always partial to Supat Rungratsamee. A 15 year old Liverpool trainee fom somewhere in Asia. He was a goalscoring machine in 01.

9. g bugout

g bugout Member

Jan 27, 2002
    nyc
    Eddie Johnson from FC Dallas is a good pick-up so far, at least in the strawberry 05/06 demo, as well as Van DenBorre.

10. ahfeckit

ahfeckit New Member

Nov 22, 2005
    In CM 99/00 buy all these players and you will win everything, I won everything with Blackburn and West Ham with these players.

Mattias Asper
    Suleyman Sleyman
    Austin McCann
    Sharbel Touma
    Matthew Etherington
    Simon Davies
    Tonton Zola Moukoko
    Kennedy Bakircioglu
    Christian Lundberg
    Zlatan Muslimovic
    Mads Jorgensen
    Marlon Broomes
    Pedro Adrian Guede
    Kim Kallstrom
    Charlie Ejerholm

In CM 00/01
    Helder Postiga
    Carlos Martins
    Chucks Nwoko

Easily 3 of the best attacking players in the game sign Postiga and Martins free and Nwoko costs 250k

11. minorthreat

minorthreat Member

Jan 1, 2001
    NYC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Anyone remember that one patch of CM01/02 that had tons of ridiculously good Greek players?

12. StrikerCW

StrikerCW Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Perth, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still is like that for some reason, alot of young Greeks have alot of 13+ stats. Some with none under 10. Looks good at least.

13. CrazyDCFan

CrazyDCFan Member

Mar 31, 2002
    Henan, China
    No one has mentioned Jaoa Paiva, Butra, Adolfo, Kristian Ravneng, Anders Mathisen or Montenegro.

Paiva was an odd player. His stats were usually below average except for his finishing which was 17-20, but he scored about 2-3 goals every game. I was in the English Conference and he was called into the Portuguese under-21 team after scoring about 80 goals in his first season (which I didn't get promoted).

14. minorthreat

minorthreat Member

Jan 1, 2001
    NYC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I never used him - quite a few CM players consider using Madeira to be cheating, as it was discovered a few months after the game's release that he didn't actually exist in real life.

15. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    For CM 05/06, I like Martin Skrtel of Zenit, bought him for 60K euros, averaging a cool 7.6.

16. PirateJohn

PirateJohn New Member

Aug 31, 2005
    California
    Playing as Man Utd, I bought goalkeeper Dionisis Chiotis and he immediately became my #1. His average rating was about 7.5 for the two seasons I played with Man Utd and he cost me only about 1.5 million pounds and I was paying him about 20k per month.

17. StrikerCW

StrikerCW Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Perth, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, that guy has been around for a while. I think he was well rated before the Greek-bloating that has occured, however.

18. mjc1027

mjc1027 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    ahhhhhhhhhhhh kennedy baci....er what ever his name is....he was a great in cm 01/02, best player ive bought was probably peter madsen from cm 00/01, i moved to america in 2001 and brought my cm 00/01 with me then i broke the cd!, didnt get into the new cm's ended up buying cm 01/02 in 2004, yes it was old by then but it was the best cm game.

couldnt get into the fm game when they went to sega but i bought it anyway.....took me at least 3-4 weeks of playing to get a formation i liked.

19. DuffFutureofIreland

DuffFutureofIreland New Member

Jan 17, 2005
    Uibh Fhaile, Eire
    I dunno if i already said this in this thread but there is only 1 great player in this game (cm 01/02) and his name is Maxim Tsigalko.

I got Napoli promoted in my first season and then i got him, he scored 200 and something in as many games and i was struggeling in about mid table apart from the 4th season where i finished 2nd....

BUY HIM and U'LL C

20. silentbob

silentbob Member

Aug 17, 2003
    Maryland
    Club:
    DC United
    Supat Rungratsamee was the bomb in CM 03/04, but I will put Anatoli Todorov up against ANYONE. He can singlehandedly turn a relegation-bound side into a title contender. In the Brazilian League, he had an average rating of 8.89 for Palmeiras after I jumped to England (and couldn't convince them to sell).

21. Pangloss

Pangloss New Member

Nov 3, 2004
    NYC
    I can't believe none of you guys have mentioned Freddy Guarin or Daniel Fredheim Holm yet. Both absolute legends in FM 2005. Maxim Tsigalko isn't as good in 2005 as in earlier versions but he's still a good pickup for a relatively low price.