Clubs Battle for Bridges

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by BrianCappellieri, Aug 11, 2002.

1. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    Newcastle battle Villa, West Brom for Leeds striker

Newcastle United are ready to swoop for Leeds United striker Michael Bridges...

Tribal Football

2. JRedknapp11

JRedknapp11 Red Card

Dec 5, 2001
    tsacademy.net
    Ya also .. also found the same lead over here as well.... this one has been heating up lately...he'd be a brilliant fit for Solarno to work with, they both have great skill comming off the ball.

Here's that follow up...

'BRIDGES IS A TARGET FOR NEWCASTLE'
    Leeds striker Michael Bridges if the subject of £5m interest from Newcastle, acording to the Sunday Mirror. They say that Bobby Robson has been impressed with Bridges' pre-season and is priming a bid. But Aston Villa are also said to be interested in the former Sunderland man.

** I'm thinking Villa doesn't have deep enough pockets to afford him this season. Newcastle has the cash to splash at him.

3. greenie

greenie New Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    If true, you'd have to think that the Toon would be looking to sell somebody off... he'd make what, 6 strikers on the squad?

4. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    Only 5...Cort doesn't count... ;)

5. greenie

greenie New Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    Which would be my big question... if they signed Bridges, I wonder if they'd just look to cut their losses with Cort?

6. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    Ridsdale has confirmed Robson's interest but says he is not looking to sell Bridges.