Club World Cup | Path to our 2nd Trophy | 16.12.2014 - 20.12.2014

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by CR7PT, Dec 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CR7PT

CR7PT Member+

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Mar 26, 2014
    Portugal
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    [​IMG]

5 days
    4 teams
    1 stadium
    1 trophy
    ONE CHAMPION!

History
    The 2014 FIFA Club World Cup, hosted in Morocco for the second year in a row, is the 11th edition of this competition. It's a FIFA-organised international club football tournament between the champion clubs from each of the six continental confederations, as well as the national league champion from the host country.

Teams
    Started on December 10th with 7 teams, it's down to:

- OFC Champion: Auckland City
    - Copa Libertadores Champion: San Lorenzo
    - CONCAF Champion: Cruz Azul
    - UEFA Champion: Real Madrid

Awards
    - FIFA Club World Cup Trophy
    - Golden Ball
    - Golden Boot
    - FIFA Fair Play Trophy
    - MVP of the Final Match Trophy
    - FIFA Club World Cup Champions Badge

Prize money
    Winner - $5 million
    Runner-up - $4 million
    3rd place - &2.5 million
    4th place - $2 million

Stadium
    Le Grand Stade de Marrakech
    Marrakech (Morocco)
    Capacity: 45,240

Squad
    [​IMG]

FIFA Official Announcement
    “Due to difficult pitch conditions at the Complexe Sportif Prince Moulay Abdellah Rabat, the FIFA Organising Committee has decided after consultation with the Local Organising Committee (LOC) to play match 4 (Cruz Azul FC v. Real Madrid CF) in Marrakech and not in Rabat as previously scheduled. The match will kick-off on Tuesday 16 December at 19:30 local time.”

Here's a pic that describes the reason why FIFA had to change the venue

[​IMG]

Latest
    - Real Madrid arrived in Rabat /Photos
    - Training tomorrow at 18:00 in the Complexe Sportif Prince Moulay Abdellah Rabat
    - Champions League Round of 16 draw to happen tomorrow (Monday) at 12:00 CET
    - Ronaldo to score in his 29th country

Schedule
    December 16th Semi-final: Cruz Azul vs Real Madrid 20:30 CET
    December 17th Semi-final: San Lorenzo vs Auckland City 20:30 CET
    December 20th 3rd Place Play-Off 17:30 CET
    December 20th Final 20:30 CET

HALA MADRID!

Note: Tomorrow I'll post here the game thread, just waiting for Ancelotti's press conference. I figured there's no need to create 2 new threads when we can talk all about the Club World Cup in one.

2. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Thanks, great thread.

CR7PT repped this.
  3. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    An easy $5m hopefully.

Deep Pal repped this.
  4. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Thank God they changed the venue. Just saw the highlights from the Cruz Azul game - absolutely atrocious pitch. It was like Jose Mourinho's/Simeone's wet dream. Our players would have either been totally nullified or super tired and in high risk of injury.

I'm surprised the Cruz Azul coach asked for the venue to be changed.

5. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    If you don't have world class pitches then you should not be able to hold world class tournaments...

Eddie, MiamiNative0722, Deep Pal and 3 others repped this.
  6. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Hope for easy wins. Also hope James makes an appearance at some point

7. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Maaaan, Morrocco is such a beautiful country. Hope to visit sometime.

temesgen repped this.
  8. CivilProtection

CivilProtection Member+

Jul 6, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Great thread.

No Lukita, no party...
    [​IMG]

euon, CR7PT and Deep Pal repped this.
  9. Subtractam

Subtractam Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Shame my local club (WSW) couldn't win to play Real Madrid

10. Crimson

Oct 11, 2009
    lol I'm glad they didn't win, it would be embarrassing...WSW can't even win a game in the A-League lol

Subtractam repped this.
  11. Subtractam

Subtractam Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    It would be good for Australian football. BTW I'm sure you're stoked that Madrid are coming to Melbourne next season to play for the friendly cup

12. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    @CR7PT : i really loved the starting lines of the thread , has the sound of a cinematic blockbuster :)

CR7PT repped this.
  13. Crimson

Oct 11, 2009
    Yeah providing I get tickets! lol

Deep Pal and Subtractam repped this.
  14. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Any of our fellow UK/Irish posters know which channel this will be on? Flying home for the holiday season!

15. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Zidane05, Lyra and Madrid_1902 repped this.
  16. CivilProtection

CivilProtection Member+

Jul 6, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  17. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    any news about match time in CET?

18. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    20:30

RaMaaa repped this.
  19. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Thanks guys.

20. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Will this be on bein sports USA?

21. CR7PT

CR7PT Member+

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Mar 26, 2014
    Portugal
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    [​IMG]

Venue
    Le Grand Stade de Marrakech

Referee
    Enrique Osses

Kick-off time
    20:30 CET
    Time Zone Map
    Time Zone Converter

Madridismo in Moroccos

Almost a thousand fans watched the training seasion in Rabat and apparently the Maroccan fans are all nuts for Real Madrid. There are currently 8 Real Madrid fan clubs in Morocco, 6 of which are operational: Amantes e Hinchas del Real Madrid, Peña Madridista Casablanca, Remate, Peña Casa Madridista, Al Karam and Tánger.

The Peña Casa Madridista, which has 259 member, has organised for 600 supporters to be dressed in white in the same stand. Additionally, with the aim of showing Real Madrid their passion, they have made gigantic mosaics. The first, measuring 2,200 square meters, will be unfurled in the Stade de Marrakech, while the second will run the length of the pitch.

As well as that, they have created a radio programme on Radio Mars, Morocco's foremost sports station. The show is called Real Café and its main aim is to increase the amount of Real Madrid fans in the country. Ever since winning la Décima, that number keeps growing on a daily basis.

[​IMG]

Trip and Reception

Ancelotti's press conference

Tournament
    : "The year is not over. We still have this competition, which is important. We are heading into it with a lot of excitement because we have done great work to get here. All the teams are champions and winning would mean putting an end to an unforgettable year. The champions of the world are here, and all the teams deserve to be playing this competition. It is a great contest and we are excited about it. The problem is getting here. A lot of the teams will be watching the tournament on tv."

Cruz Azul: "They are a quality side with experienced players who have played in Spain and are already familiar with our style. It is a semi-final and every team is dangerous at this level. It will be an intense match. They play good football, playing to the strengths of their players. We are delighted to be able to play here and that is a great motivating factor which will spur us on to keep the fans happy in Morocco."

The streak: "I haven't thought about that. We aren't thinking about losing, only about playing at our best in order to win the competition. The team is doing well because we have been able to cope with the absences of players like Modric and James. I don't think either Khedira or James will be ready by tomorrow, but will definitely be good to go for the next match. Fitness is very good and we head into this strong both mentally and physically. I am happy to be training this club and these players. Together we picked up a fantastic title, but we want to keep working in order to win more."

Change of venue
    : "It's a good thing because it is a semi-final of a global competition and it has to be played on good grass. I think it will be a good pitch for a good game. We didn't ask for a change of venue. We got the news from the organisers and now we are preparing to play in Marrakech."

CB's: "We have four players who are great both individually and collectively. All four could play for any team in the world. We are lucky in that sense and we have to value the work the whole team is doing so that the centre backs are made to work less. They are the best four centre halves in the world."

Chicharito
    : "He is motivated, as always, and is working hard daily. He will play and important role. I'm not sure how many minutes he'll play but I'm sure he'll help the team out in the tournament."

La Liga: "We are having a good spell in La Liga. We don't look at how other teams are doing, instead we want to continue our own run of form. We have had this competition in mind for a long time and are highly motivated for it."

CL Draw: "We got the same team as last year, but we're not thinking about that for now, only in Cruz Azul game."

Ramos: "I know the club wants to renew the contract and that Sergio wants to stay. Everyone has their own opinions and they are free to express them."

Pepe's comments

Tournament: "We are good physically and have come here in good shape to carry out our work and will be trying to demonstrate that tomorrow. We are having a spectacular season and we want to stay on the same track. We are excited to play in this Club World Cup. It is the first Club World Cup a lot of us have played in. It is a very important occasion and we are going to approach it with every intention of winning. We have a lot of respect for the opposition and we will stick to our plan in order to win."

Cruz Azul
    : "They are a quality team and work hard. They have a lot of ex-La Liga players, but we must focus on our own work in order to win. Our history gives us an advantage. We have to recognise that and work with humility. We want to end the year positively. We come here on the back of winning the Champions League and we want to make our supporters happy by lifting the Club World Cup and closing out the year in the best way possible. We have a lot of quality in the squad and we are putting in a lot of hard work on the pitch. We have all the ingredients to play well in the semi-final and have a good Club World Cup. We will face each game with humility and with respect for our rivals."

Change of venue: "We were training when the news about the change of venue came to us. The most important thing is that we have the best conditions to play the match and that the fans are able to enjoy the quality we will be bringing to the pitch. The best thing is that both teams have the best conditions and that the fans are happy with what we do on the pitch."

Fans: "We want to thank everyone who greeted us at the airport and those at our hotel who have been encouraging us. We are delighted with the reception and we are hoping, with a bit of luck, to win tomorrow's game."

9 threads 9 wins :D

!HALA MADRID!

Romanero, Horsehead, Doni and 10 others repped this.
  22. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Looks like James will be back for the final. Hope he gets some minutes.

Cruz Azul might try to play dirty so hopefully no one gets hurt. Bring this trophy home fellas

23. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I hope Varane plays the final. Kid was a beast during the CL final.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  24. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Seems like he's a monster in all the big games. I remember him owning Barcelona in 2 games in like a week. BEAST

25. RMCFkevin

RMCFkevin Member+

Nov 20, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Pretty excited for this game/tournament! I know its kind of low key compared the Champions League but its pretty cool just to play teams from other continents and then be officially called the best club team in the world.

Omg what a year this could be.... Germany World Cup Champions, Real Madrid World Club Champions... makes sparks fly throughout my body thinking about it!

HALA MADRID!!!!

hala_madrid722, raven3k, CR7PT and 2 others repped this.