Club World Championship: Saprissa v. Liverpool [R]

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Anteaters FC, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Anteaters FC

Anteaters FC New Member

Mar 28, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Some awful defending by Saprissa today. I Tivoed the game and watched it on fast forward...I doubt Saprissa will be as crap when we play them, but I hope they are.

2. Sean...

Sean... Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I seen a tiny bit of the game in school, they looked real bad. I'm still comfident we can roll them over without too much difficulty.

3. crookeddy

crookeddy Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    I wouldn't say they looked real bad. I reserve the word real bad for performances like mls select vs real madrid. And even there Josef and Cuningham actually DIDN'T make fools of themselves. Saprissa got outplayed by a superior team. Nothing more nothiung less.

4. taco jones

taco jones Member

Dec 23, 2003
    I watched the first half and listened to the second half. If they don't sell off any players, they'll be better than any of the MLS competition we faced this year. They were unlucky not to be the first team to score on Liverpool in 11 games.

One positive: Their strikers were giving Liverpool's notoriously slow CB's a hard time, beating them with pace. Our CB's are considerably faster than Carra and Hyppia. Of course, we don't exactly have a midfield of Momo, Gerrard, Xabi, and Riise... so I could see them playing more of a possession based attack against us.

February is gonna be fun.

5. Jorge El Tico

Jorge El Tico New Member

Mar 24, 2005
    Liverpool is the European Champion right now!

C'mom!

Liverpool is grade A team, Saprissa and Galaxy are B or even C teams, no comparation!

6. Anteaters FC

Anteaters FC New Member

Mar 28, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Jorge, I watched DC United run even with Chelsea for most of their game last summer. Saprissa played well in some respects, but they had some shocking moments in defense. The central defenders just sort of watched the pass for Crouch's second goal go past as the big donkey ran through the back line. That's basic stuff.

I doubt they'll be that bad again, though.

7. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    Bolanos and Solis looked pretty good. From the sound of things Saprissa is going to sell some players so LA should win.