PBP: Club Deportivo Chivas USA - San Jose Earthquakes (Saturday, 10/17) in-game thread [R]

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Goodsport, Oct 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IrishWilliam

IrishWilliam New Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Alameda
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Should be corner nearly earned by Q is called a Goal kick,

2. dred

dred Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    Land of Champions
    Full time, great effort. They needed it more, we wanted it more.

3. IrishWilliam

IrishWilliam New Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Alameda
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lietch stops the shot, but doesnt clear,

Game.

4. dred

dred Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    Land of Champions
    This is a grievous wound to Chivas, they had the Western Conference in their hands, and now they pretty much have to beat the Dynamo. Their Supporters' Shield effort is on life support.

5. LongTimeQuakesFan'74

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Nov 12, 2007
    Arlington, TX, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    leitch motm...convey acquitted himself very well. imo he played up to his billing tonite.

6. sportsfan-quakes

Mar 19, 2005
    San Jose
    Really nice effort by the team, getting a tie against Chivas being so short handed is pretty impressive. I normally don't want to question Yallop's subs, but I find it hard to believe that Zaher and Ribeiro wouldn't have done more in the last 10-15 minutes than Elliott or several others.

I thought Leitch played very well tonight, and Convey had his moments. But he's been watching Arturo too much, and he does the "dribble until you lose the ball" move at the offensive end too often. He can beat one, two and sometimes three guys. But by the time the fourth and fifth guy come over he should pass the ball.

7. porkrind

porkrind Member+

Quakes
    United States
    Sep 27, 2001
    Bostonia
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Weber may have shown promise, but I thought both of the goals were soft. I'm pretty sure Cannon saves at least one of them if not both.

8. IrishWilliam

IrishWilliam New Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Alameda
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My thoughts Player by Player, reminder I missed first 20 minutes

Weber: Some great saves, but arguably to blame for the Goal, overall bien, bright future.
    Leitch: Very good, on defense and offense, MOTM
    Burling: Good display on both sides. Did what was needed mostly, but not clearing.
    McD: Easy finish, some good stops, but not sepctacular, and we need people to clear the ball.
    Corrales: Some good stops and some bad, but didnt add to the offense.
    Shea: Some great runs, awesome assist, but faded in the end
    Elliot: Two blocked crosses some up his positive contribtutions, lots of back passes.
    Sanchez: Didn't Notice him, except for his high shot. Dissappointed in him
    Convey: Great effort, some good work getting back on D,
    Alvarez: Lots of very wide shots, left footed dribbling going no where, but did earn our 1st corner
    Johnson: Good Goal, and a few good contributions but screwed up 2 or 3 great opportunities,

Q: Lots of running but little rewards, mostly lost the ball, and didnt pass, he can run though

Overall: We need to learn to clear the ball, or pass it when were under pressure on defense!!! But we're getting better mostly, Burling and McD have good height.
    Mids could imrpove, esp in the Center, or at least Elliot could, Shea and Convey did real well,
    and while RJ did the best, he, Q and AA all screwed up good chances IMO.