Club Deportivo Cali "Los Azucareros"- Part III

Discussion in 'Colombia: Clubs' started by Tio Nicci, Jul 20, 2010.

1. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I agree a LOT on what you said... and they are getting away from the Pay to Play platform which i agree is horrendous for development. they are also moving away the britich way to develop players. Their academies are addressing the problems of pay to play and college soccer. it is not a fast result mind you.

Baal88 and pepinointer repped this.
  2. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Well is serious....but not a league from where i want to feed my NT........

So i hope colombian promises wont go there....

kromekote, RafaLarios and Baal88 repped this.
  3. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    I'm a bit of a traditionalist I guess. Having been on buses on my way Pascual Guerrero, I have many fond memories of what real futbol feels like--totally personal. I know these are professional futbol athletes but I just don't feel the stakes are there...They don't play Copa Libertadores which is the best club tournament on this side of the pond. That would be a true barometer. While they can pack a stadium, rarely do you feel the fan passion, intensity/talk rivalry, family/neighbor/school rivalry that go beyond gameday at the stadium or folks on BS --surely the way you see it in other american sports. TV coverage is improving and so is the marketing. The MLS brand is quite alive. No one is denying that reality. And I understand the logistics in such a huge country can be cumbersome. But they'll need to figure a way around all that at some point. Same with the lack of promotion and relegation, which are staples of most futbol country leagues.

4. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #1329 Baal88, Apr 11, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
    Another thing I'd like to add. I've always considered the US player as very talented and collective, but they grow stagnant because of the technical and tactical development or lack thereof In the MLS. First, the scouts all get a hard on when they see a 14 or 15 yo, 6'1'' tall that runs the 100m in 12 or 11 seconds, but ignore the kid that's 5'6" that has a decent touch of the ball because still hasn't finished his Athletic development.

They recruit the 6'1'' kid and get him in the academy, the kid does well, but two years later still has the same sensitivity in his foot than in his elbow, meaning that he is unable to control the ball in no way different than throwing It in front of him and chasing It as fast as he can to try to make a Cross and say proudly, I tried, because the Cross doesn't get anywhere close any foot or head.

There are things in football that can't be taught, you can improve It but you will never have the ability of someone that has a natural talent. It's just like in basketball, you can improve your three point shooting and shooting in general, but someone exceptional at it will always be better. It may work in NBA for certain positions but football requires a kind of coordination that not a lot of athletes or people have.

As long as they keep this stupid recruitment method they are bound to fail. They want a Messi or Ronaldo but are nurturing the wrong talent to get It. They can get a John Terry or Zaha tho.

England changed their recruitment methods and currently have the most talent I've seen in 20 years watching this sport. Both physical and technical.

Doogs and pepinointer repped this.
  5. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Can’t the same be said for Junior and other Colombian teams didn’t they pass on Jesion Murillo, Muriel and a bunch of other good players Cali or Tolima ended picking up?

6. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    But they were recruited by other teams didn't they? Even if some stupid asshat didn't appreciate them there was someone with enough vision to get them on an academy. In USA the net is only catching the bigger and faster, here we catch almost all of It.

kromekote and pepinointer repped this.
  7. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    One thing people mentioned was rich kids in US vs broke kids abroad

I know 3 guys who had MLS offers that I played with in high school. They went to college and then had two offers a development contract for $12-15k a season or Morgan Stanley, Bank of America making 50-60k to start

Issue is even college kids who are good enough to play need money to pay off college and the mls unless you are a 35 year old looking for a last payday didn’t pay well

Guys like Macnelly if he wasn’t a soccer player what would he be doing? Luis Perea was selling popsicles haha

8. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Word , most kids from the hood in the US are looking to become pro basketball,nfl, or baseball players not MLS players. However i did see a video on youtube about the rising popularity of futbol in atlanta .

9. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    tthis thread hasn't been this hot for months!

altough nothing to do with Cali :p

crzdcolombian and jay luis repped this.
  10. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #1335 Baal88, Apr 11, 2018
    This has everything to do with Cali. Cali players been going to the second shittiest League this side of the pond and MLS trying to buy even more.

dapip, Doogs, pepinointer and 1 other person repped this.
  11. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    MLS worse then Uruguay, Paraguay, Bolivian, Ecuadorian, Peruvian league? Not better then every North American League other then Mexico?

12. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No mls team is better than Barcelona, Emelec Peñarol, Nacional, Libertad, Cerro and Olimpia.

So mls is better than bolivia and peru

13. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #1338 Baal88, Apr 11, 2018
    Well, those leagues don't have the spending power to buy Fredy Montero, Fabián Castillo, Juan Cabezas, Carlos Rivas and Cristian Higuita. And I'd certainly prefer them to play in Uruguay than in the MLS.

I Guess i should have clarified: the shittiest wealthy League this side of the pond

crzdcolombian, jay luis and pepinointer repped this.
  14. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #1339 Baal88, Apr 11, 2018
    By the way... Just read this data from an ESPN article. This is some sad shit happening in the MLS. That's a sorry excuse for development. A player won't learn a thing just playing with reserves or in an amateur League. They need the pressure and expectation of fans and coaches to go Beyond their threshold.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/major-le...ional-team-to-change-youth-development-policy

MLS has continued to increase its investment in youth academies but ESPN FC's Noah Davis recently highlighted how U-22 domestic players, including Canadians, accounted for just two percent of available minutes in 2017, less than half the rate in Serie A (4.2 percent) and the EPL (4.5 percent).

But still... There's Hope. There's a dramatic raise in homegrown players actually participating in the last 8 years.

[​IMG]

15. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Step by step... They are vas.. But the este of improvement is encouraging...

16. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    embarrasing

17. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    do we have the same data for Colombian league?

18. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #1343 Baal88, Apr 12, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    Nope. But I Guess the number must be somewhere around 6 and 7% of minutes played.

Envigado has 5 U-22 players starting regularly and 4 more in the rotation.
    Once Caldas has 2 starting regularly and two more in the rotation.
    Jaguares has 1 in the rotation and another three are U-23.
    DIM has three in the rotation and a starter is U-23.
    Nacional has 4 in the rotation.
    Millonarios has 4 in the rotation and Huérfano is U-23.
    Bucaramanga has 1 starting regularly and three in the rotation.
    Cali has Three starting regularly and 4 in the rotation.
    América has Two in the rotation. A starting player is U-23.
    Chico has one starting regularly and two in the rotation, but three in the starting lineup are U-23.
    Santa Fe has Two in the rotation.
    La Equidad has one starting regularly and two more in the rotation. It also has Two U-23 starting regularly.
    Rionegro has 2 starting regularly and three more in the rotation.
    Leones has 7 starting regularly and 5 more in the rotation. Most of the players are U-23.
    Tolima has two starting regularly and two more are U-23.
    Huila has Two starting regularly and three more in the rotation.
    Patriotas has one starting regularly and three more in the rotation.
    Alianza has one in the rotation.
    Pasto has Two in the rotation.
    Junior has two in the rotation and Jarlan is U-23.

The number of minutes played, goals scored and assists I'll try to to make It Tomorrow.

19. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    we don't have ESPN marketing machine but @Baal88 is the closest thing to a data center for young talent we have. :coffee:

I'm glad these things are actually being exposed on the MLS side.

dapip, Doogs, Baal88 and 1 other person repped this.
  20. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Great job man!!! kudos!

21. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #1346 Baal88, Apr 12, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    What I really find worrisome about the MLS is that very few attacking players are actually getting playing time, there's some defenders and midfielders, but I think that Alphonso Davies (Who is actually canadian) is one of the few that's getting quality time to develop. Also, most of the time for U-23 players is given by two teams, Real Salt Lake and NYRB.

kromekote and RafaLarios repped this.
  22. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

So hey guys, @pepinointer, @RafaLarios, @kromekote. Since you guys showed interest in the U-22 data in Colombia I'd like to ask you, do you want me to do the statistics for 2017, since it's a complete year and can give us a more general look or just what we have of 2018?

kromekote, RafaLarios and pepinointer repped this.
  23. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    That would be better imhi...but do it when you have time sin afan

i made the statistics of scoring situations of pekerman :sleep:

24. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You are the man!

25. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #1350 Baal88, Apr 14, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    OK. I'll start and this will probably take me a month or so... The sample size I'll use are players born after the 1st of January of 1995, and that played games until the 31st of december of 2017. I will also clarify the number of total games and minutes played by each team so that the data is as precise as possible. I will also exclude the minutes played by foreign players, incredibly, there are some that are U-22 and took a small portion of the minutes.

RafaLarios repped this.