CLUB BRUGGE vs REAL MADRID | Champions League Group Stage Day 6 | 11.12.19 | 21:00 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Dec 9, 2019.

1. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    With Valverde and Kroos we would absolutely demolished their press. Tons of space behind, but leave it to Isco Disco to make 5 turns, 15 touches and pass the ball back so that Brugge can effectively press us.

I would not play him against Valencia nor Barca.

Digital repped this.
  2. gladiator guti

gladiator guti Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    Odriozola would not make in any local high school team - he is trash.

lukita and RMrules repped this.
  3. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Surprised to not see Bale today. I would be surprised if we went with both the Brazilians at the Mestalla

4. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Bale starting there is very likely.

Zidane05 and Digital repped this.
  5. petros93

petros93 Member

Real Madrid
    Greece
    May 27, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Are you serious? He's 21 years old and just came in the team. What are you talking about?

6. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    Isco is done. He needs fresh air , another coach , another system. His IQ is really low.

7. kelvinphr

kelvinphr Member+

Aug 23, 2007
    Botswana
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think with isco its more a case of him not fitting into a CM role. He has played his best football starting higher up the pitch where he receives the ball in the hole. when playing as a CM he doesn't have the legs like Valverde of prime Luca to make facilitate the transition from defense to attack. I believe he still has lots to offer but has to be played in a position that better uses his skillset

Edino Edinho, Anon., temesgen and 3 others repped this.
  8. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    I think James did a better job when he played as CM to be quite honest. He always stood out as one of our best players early in the year

Stiliyan, Deep Pal, RMSocrates and 3 others repped this.
  9. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I really don’t see anything, happy with the win and the better second half, good to see the young Brazilians and Luka get on the scoresheet

as noted elsewhere, this is a game Isco should have absolutely dominated, as one of the more senior players on the pitch he should have been a leader out there, but he just wasn’t,

he is far too slow, and did not do enough, he does not convince me on a consistent basis, just bits here and there

10. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    I dont think Isco has ever dominated a game as a CM for us, his best game for us have been in more advanced positions with 3 other mids backing him up.

Anon., Ahmadi8 and natenate101 repped this.
  11. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Probably true, I still find him far too inconsistent, and I have never liked him in a midfield 3

Drouchk repped this.
  12. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Isco is only useful when he is playing with three other midfielders. He can't be relied upon to do the dirty work.

Absolute bust as a CM... and I actually believed he could have developed into a good one. Yikes.

Digital repped this.
  13. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    If I was Zidane. I would do it. Go for it.

Let’s see what the boys can bring in a game like that.

All we’ll see from Bale is a stroll and end up being replaced anyway. Will be a waste of 70 minutes

Kroosinator repped this.
  14. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I too thought he'd have been a good CM. I think that's more down to his mentality than anything.

Anon. repped this.
  15. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
    There was a piece on Serbian TV about Jovic and life in Madrid. Dude hangs around the house with 4 friends he dragged with him from Serbia because "he doesn't have a girlfriend and likes to have company".
    Modric said he's very quiet in the locker room and doesn't communicate much with other players. He didn't say it as a bad thing but what I saw didn't feel right.
    He should be spending most of his free time learning the language, not hanging around the house with 4 dudes from the hood who care only about life off the pitch.
    The kid has a good story behind him. He's humble and is supposed to have a good work ethic but at this point I'm sceptical about what will come of him in Madrid.

Anon., Deep Pal and J-Mezzy repped this.
  16. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well said. His best moments are always more advanced, especially with Spain as a left sided attacker. Isco is a tweener though, in that he doesn’t shoot or create danger enough as a forward but can’t cover enough ground and play with simplicity to be a CM. Top of a diamond or a sub to Hazard makes the most sense.

This was an ugly match where we couldn’t really gain control overall but I’ll take it. Many players getting much needed playing time and some stellar goals. Still think like many others that Jovic needs more time and connection with his teammates. We want to ******** around with the ball side to side when we could at times send it up to him at the top of the box and play off of him. He is willing to come back and is good on the ball but you can see the comfort they all have with Benzema when he came on. Trying passes to him they won’t try with Jovic.

Yannick Relens, Ahmadi8, MaxY and 7 others repped this.
  17. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Any other team other than RB Leipzig will likely end in a knockout for our team. Let's not fool ourselves. Our defense is TRASH.

Lyra repped this.
  18. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The 2nd least goals against in La Liga, yeah surely trash. If anything, Leipzig would be the only one we would take too lightly. Give us a big name and we will show up

kelvinphr, madridista_hr, Anon. and 5 others repped this.
  19. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The problem seems to be Isco doesn't think he is done and I have a hard time seeing him making the mature decision to move on unless the club tells him to leave. I use to be a massive fan but to see him being so content with his current role/level is disappointing.

natenate101 and Prit Javier repped this.
  20. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The kids who scored are younger than him

21. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    i think its time he left we need someone better at not ball hogging!

22. petros93

petros93 Member

Real Madrid
    Greece
    May 27, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    If in football you only see the numbers then I guess you believe Bale is much better than Zidane as a player.

Rodrygo and Vin have played way more minutes for the team, have gained rhythm and in their positions the team doesn't have it's player with the best form like it is with Benzema. If you're ready to say Jovic is a flop from seeing him play this little in his first year then okay what can I say.

23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Are you ready to say that he will be a success though?

I think he didn't play bad, but as a standard, a lot more than yesterday is expected. I don't even know how he'd get a crack at consistent playing time with Benzema integrated this well into the lineup.

Lyra repped this.
  24. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Rodrygo has played for roughly same amount of time as that of Jovic
    Look there is no shame in admitting he has been a bust thus far. He's got potential and he may reach it one day, but don't blame Zidane for not giving him playtime while he can't do the most of what he's been getting in games like Brugge

25. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    IMO this is the biggest problem he has, but I imagine this would be the biggest problem any other 9 would have if they came to play in Madrid right now especially with ZZ as boss, I really don’t think it’s about Jovic specifically or talent but more about opportunities,

if you don’t get to play enough then you can’t really show what you are capable of and if you get one game here and there and don’t score then you are written off, maybe not the best way to judge the player ,

I think he will have more opportunities in the Copa and then we’ll see, if he gets some games in a row there and still can’t find the net well then we can judge somewhat, but I believe he will come good

Bear Crotch repped this.