Club America vs Barcelona [R]

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by Aguilas Del America, Oct 1, 2003.

1. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    en otro reporte de prensa leia que eran 70 mil aficionados, cual tien razon 85 o 70? buenisma entrada......seguro que alcanzo para el vuelo charter en que sale el barca de regreso, a las 1am hora de DF.

porque arbitro asignado por conmebol?
    fue Hidalgo del peru, como lo vieron? siempre le he visto actuaciones muy solidas.

2. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    No, it was a fun match. I wouldnt classify it as the best I have ever seen. But if you were to watch Blanco, you could clearly say that he was the man of the match in the first half.

But one thing I did enjoy was that both teams attempted more fancy plays than they are accustomed to. That type of stuff always gets the crowd going.

They closed off this huge section in the stands and they put up these metal type rafters. Prior to the game, there were fireworks and they lit up this huge America logo with fireworks.

I went to a bar where they had direct feed. Man how I miss that. Im tired of the commentators from Univision and Telemundo.

3. Kur #10

Kur #10 Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Mexico Citay
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i was at the game and i have to say its been one of the most exciting games i've seen at the azteca this year

both teams had top quality plays, Ronaldinho is amazing.. its like the ball is glued to his feet every time he dribbles.. quaresma was someone else who impressed me a lot even though he's a bit of a "personalista" and needs work on his defensive work

Cuau played pretty good in the first half creating a lot of opportunities.. Zague phucked up a clear one hah.. but he played okay, he deserved this type of farewell game

the crowd was great, Rafa did his job, barcelona is a great team, i feel lucky to have watched them live.. they played very well, but so did americrap :D

the only thing that sucked was the half time gilette show... lol lame stuff

anyways I'm outtie

adieu

4. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    who call the game?

ortega thanks for the expirience at the game, sound like it was worth every penny on the ticket, can you tell me the average ticket price at the azteca tonite? why the half time show was lame? Rdl -did you see it on the tv broadcast?

aguilas del am.....who did the game comments on your tv feed from tijuana?

5. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    [​IMG]

the opposite side of the stadium, where it read Cocacola (behind the goal post) was closed off because of the fireworks.

The announcers said prior to the game it was near 75-80 and that people were still entering the stadium.

After the fireworks, some people moved in that area.

Aside from that section, the place hardly had any vacant areas.

Still, just a great atmospere. You could really hear the cheers.. at times the field reporters had to talk loud because they just couldnt hear

6. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    i was at the game and i have to say its been one of the most exciting games i've seen at the azteca this year

both teams had top quality plays, Ronaldinho is amazing.. its like the ball is glued to his feet every time he dribbles.. quaresma was someone else who impressed me a lot even though he's a bit of a "personalista" and needs work on his defensive work

Saviola miss a lot of chances.. but got to give Rios credit

ALso, Ortiz is coming along.

Cuau played pretty good in the first half creating a lot of opportunities.. Zague phucked up a clear one hah.. but he played okay, he deserved this type of farewell game

Cuau deserved to play the whole game. At the bar i was in, when the second half started.. the whole place was pissed that they took him out

the only thing that sucked was the half time gilette show... lol lame stuff

That was a huge inflatable razor...

7. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    well, happy 87th birthday!

My club is getting 90 yrs old next week, and all we get to celebrate is a new Custom made mercedes benz Bus for the players transfers!

8. KiQuE

KiQuE New Member

Aug 14, 2002
    Is this match gonna be shown on Telemundo in a few days?

9. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    yeah, some one posted time and day on the tv thread for the game (here)

10. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    i believe they will air it on Saturday.

Too bad that the US feed doesnt transmit the whole package.

I remember during the America - Necaxa final, i saw the direct feed from televisa rather than the Telefutura. Well, a couple days, i was watching the tape of the game and the telefutura transmission sucked compared to Televisa.

At times they had at the bottom of the screen a little cubicle (another tv feed) where they aired Villa, Luna, Hernandez, and other members of the WC squad watching the final from japan. they were by the Televisa van and watching the final basically at the but crack of dawn. Hernandez and Villa were going crazy. Luna seemed a little pissed.

But they just edit so much.. and its that stuff that makes Televisa's direct feed 1000 times better. Watching and hearing games on Telemundo and Univision and listening to Cantor and MAyorga... blows

11. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    you should try Leyva and ramos
    or Leyva & la torre de Jalisco doing WWC games, that girl is so slow talking, you can even read her mind for next 3 sentences she is planning to say.

that will give a different meaning to BOLWS!

I am not going to discuss it with you, (we did it a zillion times some where else)but have you noticed the big difference: televisa or teleazteca do the games from the stadium, this guys in USA are trying to read the game from a TV screen few thousand miles away ( I guess there is a US federal communication rule that stops univ/galav/telefut from doing the whole package, audio/video from an outside source)

12. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    I rather listen to Cantor any day than that blowhard Sarmiento. He blows big time and Televisa has him as his top 3 along with Orvañanos and Bermudez. Bermudez is out becuase of a throat operation so it only Orva and Sarmiento. They should just elevate Perez.

As for the game, the man of the match was Rios. He made some incredible stops. Superb. Still so of Barcelona´s shot sucked. Especially from Gerard. America dominated but at times it seemed that Barcelona could do more but didn´t. Still some of the bench players from Barcelona sucked. Blanco was great and so was Villa, Oviedo, Castillo, Rojas and Alvaro Ortiz. Abreu didn´t do much in the game after the pass and Mendoza and Pardo sucked. Good win for America.

13. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    I rather listen to Cantor any day than that blowhard Sarmiento. He blows big time and Televisa has him as his top 3 along with Orvañanos and Bermudez. Bermudez is out becuase of a throat operation so it only Orva and Sarmiento. They should just elevate Perez.

Say what you will about Sarmiento, but he knows his shyt, knows his history (Euro, South, general).

The problem with too many commentators now is that they are not original. It seems like the only qualifications now a day is if you can sream "GOOL" and hold it for 5 minutes. That gets old and is played out.

The problem with the commentators in the US, is that they are also busy pleasing nationalities rather than your audience.

I love Televisa's transmission. I love the angles, the commentators, the footage, the replays, etc.

TV azteca's are also good, but the angles and picture quality is what i dont like. They are only 10 years old, and in time they will get better.... but I dont like it for the time being

14. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Sarmiento is full of it. He is always criticizing thinks wrong. He will get on somebody a ss for some stupid mistake barely objectable but then will be lenient on some other stuff. And I rather have a 2 minute goal call that the stupid "La pelota esta en el fondo".

Televisa cast suck beside their announcers. They have the worst analyst. Maschiarelli, Trelles and especially Basaguren suck. They do have a better coverage. As for Tv Azteca, Luis Garcia may be among the best in the business and definetely better than the counterpart players in Televisa. But they are awful in their broadcast, they always give replays on the worst time and have missed a bunch of goals by replaying some stupid foul from 4 minutes before.

As for the US, I loved Cantor and Longo. To me they were among the best and I liked Cantor narration, comments and the identification of the players which is the only weak point in Orvañanos.

The cast of Univision is the worst in the continent. And Mayorga the worst of every announcer in the US. Thank god I can see, Chivas, Pumas and America´s game withouht him there.

15. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    volviendo al tema del costo del partido, Hombre, me parece que el barcelona cobra Muy caro.......

hoy escuche entrevista en TV al sr Jimmy Goldsmith, el coordinador de asuntos internacionales para el Tri: Dice que italia venia negociando con ellos un amistoso para noviembre por 750 mil U$ (con todas las estrellas), pero ellos declinaron a pesar de bajar el precio a 650, por el tema del frio al final de mes.
    Otro dato que dio: Brazil cobro en el amistoso de seleccion mayores vs Tri 800 mil, fue un partido en que una firma telefonica cargo el fee.

Osea que mas de 1.5 es damasiado! Ojala lo allan recuperado..... no estoy tratando de criticar al america, solo traer a Luz de foro el costo de los partidos.

16. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Sarmiento is full of it. He is always criticizing thinks wrong. He will get on somebody a ss for some stupid mistake barely objectable but then will be lenient on some other stuff. And I rather have a 2 minute goal call that the stupid "La pelota esta en el fondo".

i respect your opinion, but at least he is ooriginal.

Televisa cast suck beside their announcers. They have the worst analyst. Maschiarelli, Trelles and especially Basaguren suck. They do have a better coverage.

Onething about Televisa's commentators.. is they cover the game. very rare when they talk about a different subject matter that doesnt pertain to the game.

As for Tv Azteca, Luis Garcia may be among the best in the business and definetely better than the counterpart players in Televisa. But they are awful in their broadcast, they always give replays on the worst time and have missed a bunch of goals by replaying some stupid foul from 4 minutes before.

no doubt, Luis knowshis business, but my beef with thier commentators is that they try to play devil'sadvocate too much. That is a reflection of thier network..because thats what they do. Doing so for journalitic purposes is fine, but just to do it for ratings.. aa dont buy that

As for the US, I loved Cantor and Longo. To me they were among the best and I liked Cantor narration, comments and the identification of the players which is the only weak point in Orvañanos.

US commentators are mercs for the most part. No passion.

I remember a while back some buddies from Tampico stayed with me for a while, They were just digusted.

We once counted Torre de Jalisco having to tell Mayorga to excuse him because a ball was the box 9 times in 1 game. 9 TIMES!

RIP Longo, but that guy should have been in Boxing. That guy went on and on and on. He could have had a minute every round to talk about his favorite color in Boxing. But in soccer.. i wanted to hear about the game

The thing that seperates Televisa's is that they know their history, they are professional, they know the rules, and when they do talk about a different subject matter.. they talk about it when the the ball is not in a zone that might lead to a goal.

17. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001

18. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    un partido caro y con estrellas por contrato es normalmente un millon, televisa no es ningun tonto, no creo a que hallan pagado mas de 1.4....lo demas lo saca la prensa amarilla para darle piso a los criticos

lo de brazil el dijo claramente que fueron 800 mil

tambien hablo de espana y francia, los dos les deben Juegos ya pactados, pero lo de espana es a largo plazo, pues solo tienen tiempo para Mexico sep/oct de 2004

otro Inmediato proyecto, para mi el mejor, es Jugar contra checoslovakia....para Muchos el mejor equipo del Mundo hoy en dia!

19. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    un partido caro y con estrellas por contrato es normalmente un millon, televisa no es ningun tonto, no creo a que hallan pagado mas de 1.4....lo demas lo saca la prensa amarilla para darle piso a los criticos

Segun varios medios, nacional e internacional informaron que el Barca iba ganar mas en este juego que los 4 que se jugaron en el verano.

Claro que los que estan en contra van estar mas atentos para conseguir la cantidad que se pago.

Si ves el partido via Telemundo, no vas a ver las cantidades de patrocinadores que se veo durante el partido. Empresas telefonicas, alimentarios, fondos mutualistas, etc. Las camisetas del America, la del Zague, etc Habia mas de lo normal. En medio tiempo, Gillette estreno su nueva campaña. El hecho que no contrataron un artista es por algo.

Tambien lo que se genero en las taquillas (20 - 55 dolares por cada boleto) y en la comida.

Televisa y ESPN anunciaron 90 mil espectadores.

6K x $55 (Zona Plus) = $330,000
    20K x $35 (Baja) = $700,000
    64K x $20 (Alta) = $1,280,000

Zona Plus was full and it seats 6000K. Baja holds 23K but there were a few spaces that were vacant.
    There are other sections I didnt include that ticket prices were a lot more than 20 bucks, but couldnt really make out how many were there so instead.. i just put them in the lowest price braket.

In all about $2,310,000 was made off attendance. (and that is that the figures are skewed because I didnt add the 23-40 dollar tickets). I am being real conservative with this figure, but assume that those 90 K get 1 food or beverage item and they only spend 2 dollars .. that is $180,000

Barca was going to get half of the attendance, you are looking at a figure over $1,245,000 just on sales that day (attendance and concession). Do you think Barca was going to fly during thier season and play a friendly for for a fixed fee of $155,000 plus half of the sales? I this day an age, attendance does even pay anything. Its all corporate.

I dont think Barca would do that. Consdering the rain that past 3 weeks in Mexico City and that Attendance is never a sure thing.. you can bet that they charged a much much higher fixed fee just to show up.

If memeory serves, be the sponsor promoted this game as the "debut de Estrellas" and they coughed up a lot of money

In all honesty, I don think Barca walked out with 1.4 million. Not when you cruch the numbers and go by past figures. I wouldnt be surprised if they did walk out with more than 2 M.

20. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    rea big numbers!

when you said ESPN, are you talking PPV rights?
    90 thou or 90 million households? (spain, latinamerica and usa combined?)

if Numbers are any where near 2million U$, I can not even imagine when they do the games in NY of LaX to get 60k attendance......

If barca is that happy now, that will open the doors for many others to come and get the profits, off course.....do not over do it
    next thing you know is a Huge game at least every birthday (they they had one last yr?)

21. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    rea big numbers!

they are

when you said ESPN, are you talking PPV rights?
    90 thou or 90 million households? (spain, latinamerica and usa combined?)

No, 90 thousand spectators. Some agencies i saw 87K, other I saw 92K.. basically in the range of 87-90K

As far as PPV, a lot of of establishements both in the US and Mexico got that game. I must have called at least 10 establishments here in houston alone to make reservations.. Not one of them took it.. basically it was first come first serve. I was at a bar and there were more Argentinians there than Americanistas. They wanted to watch Saviola. There were also many Central Americans. It seemed every time Barca stringed up good passing or were close to attacking, they cheered for Barca and were rotting against America.

if Numbers are any where near 2million U$, I can not even imagine when they do the games in NY of LaX to get 60k attendance......

well, they got more money off that game than the 4 they played in the summer in the US

If barca is that happy now, that will open the doors for many others to come and get the profits, off course.....do not over do it

That wont happen..

1. only a few teams in the world can expect that type of reception. I dont see any south american or any 2nd tier club in Europe doing so. It would have to be a Liverpool, Man U, Real Madrid, Barca, Bayern Munich, Juventus.

next thing you know is a Huge game at least every birthday (they they had one last yr?)

They celebrate it every year. Sometimes its just a pre game festivity (fireworks, singers, etc). You dont really see it in Univision because they dont transmit the the pre game or half time shows

22. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    I looked around, It seems that had nothing last year as BD celebration

as for barca making more money in mex, than in the usa....Is understandable, the other 4 games were sold to them as a package from Nike Tour of champions (Nike ripp of all the goodies), as well as manchester or la Juve....a set fee and go home to practice a bit more

the other attraction was rafa Marquez, and there is no other mexican in an Important team from around the world, you need that marketing image to sell.