Club America: Rebuilding Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Club America' started by Deleted USer, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    For the record, I was never against nor in favor of his arrival to America. I felt that he was an experienced coach.

It is clear that things are not working out with Tena.

Perhaps in Tena was hired during the season with no time to work, I could understand the teams performances. But he has been the coach since June. He had a full preseason to get things rolling. He had countless exhibition matches. THe club brought him Cabanas, a player he is familiar with.

1. He has not had a consistant lineup
    2. He has rewarded players with good outings by benching them :mad:
    3. His substitutions are questionable

Although we finished 3rd in the standings, I felt the club was not where it should have been. I felt that a place that high in the standings was going to do nothing but continue the mediocracy.

I am not jumping for joy, but in a way I am glad that we lost in this fashion against Barza. IT is a clear indicator that things need to be changed.

2. Brailovsky

Brailovsky New Member

Jan 8, 2006
    around the world...
    Lapuente needs to go!! (and his mafia)

mmmm, Tena...(le di el beneficio de la duda) maybe he needs to go too...

and players:

Villa
    arguello

3. Brailovsky

Brailovsky New Member

Jan 8, 2006
    around the world...
    el America tiene un cancer...se llama lapuente, NECESITAMOS Americanistas adentro del Club....no es posible que lapuente nos tenga secuestrados

4. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Lapuente is not the coach. Tena is the one that needs to go.

Tena never established a consistant lineup.

Tena's substitutions were always questionable.

Tena rewarded good showing by putting them on the bench.

rule of thumb is that you play who is hot... and he did not do that.

Pepino Cueva scores 3 goals against Barza and what does he do the following week? He benches him

Vouso scores 2 goals against Pachuca and what does he do the following week? He benches him and does not play him

Mosqueda scores againt Tigres and what does he do the following week? He benches him and does not play him.

Its like Tena is the one that kills a players momentum.... what the eff is that about?

5. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Care to explain?

6. Brailovsky

Brailovsky New Member

Jan 8, 2006
    around the world...
    Nuestros problemas en la cancha son evidentes, pero nuestros problemas adentro del club, con los directivos son mas serios.

un DT puede fracazar, pero el hecho que Lapuente comno dir3ectivo lleva ya muchos fracazos....

lo que le hicieron a Zague, y a Carrillo no tiene madre....

Aguado quizo sacar a Mosqueda antes de la temporada, y no creo que Aguado haga algo sin el permiso del Lapuente...

si tu quieres cambiar el DT va ser la misma mientras nuestros directivos sea controlado por un grupo que no siente el Amor a la camiseta....

quien trajo a este necaxista?? Tena O Lapuente?

Tena tiene mucho de culpa, pero por que quitarle la culpa a lapuente?? Tambien los jugadores tienen su culpa? pero quien los pone? el DT, y quien esta arriba de el...el pelonchas...

7. Brailovsky

Brailovsky New Member

Jan 8, 2006
    around the world...
    No me importaria haber perdido, pues el Barza sigue siendo el mejor del mundo... pero hay formas de perder(culpa de tena),que si el tuvo todo para que hiciera un buen papel, las tuvo y demas.

que metia a su amigo cabañas....tambien, que tiene que irse el...se tiene que ir...

Pero el ciclo de Lapuente tambien ya se acabo hace mucho tiempo, necesitamos directivos que vean por los intereses del America, Lapuente este en el America ahorrando su retiro... dandole chamba a sus amigos (tena podria ser uno de ellos!?). Hay formas de perder...y ya llevamos dos muy dolorosas en este mes....Carrillo tenia un buen grupo, pero alguien se le ocurrio acesorar... para mi despues del ultimo titulo, se acabo el ciclo lapuentistas...

8. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    if you want to fire the execs, start with Canedo...afterall he is the one that says yes or no.

I was watching Mexico, Lindo y Futbol. The head commentor (name slips me) said that he had run into Canedo on a plane ride. He said that Canedo told him that he was a bit dissapointed that he was not considered for the FEMEXFUT Presidency and even considered resigning his post (Club America presidency).

If that is true, then we dont need a president that is going through the motions. We need one that is committed to stay and work.

Lapuente's purpose is only to close the communication gap between the coaching staff and the front office. He is more of a facilitator. He explains to the front office what the coaches wants and he explains to the coaching staff the front offices' concerns and their objectives. Very rare do you have a front office or a group of execs that have a footballing background. They are usually savvy businessmen.

I am convinced that this failure rest solely on the coach for the following reasons

1. Tena was given his choice of players. He brought in Cabanas, a player he was familiar with in Chiapas.

2. Tena had control of the lineup. He benched Vouso, Lopez, Blanco on numerous occasions, but kept his boy on the field.

3. Tena's lineups were very inconsistant. I am almost certain that he used the same lineup for 2 consecutie matches once.

4. Tena benches players after good showings. He benched Vouso the week after he scored 2 goals. He benched Mosqueda the game after scoring an important goal that gave the club a point. He benched Pepino the game after scoring 3 goals against Barza. Tena benched Mosqueda for the game against Barza after playing well against Jeonbok Motors.

9. Brailovsky

Brailovsky New Member

Jan 8, 2006
    around the world...
    Tambien ese tiene que salir, lapuente y tena...
    unos jugadores, es que se nos olvida?? somos el America...con todo respeto para los jugadores, que diablos hace ahi el mendoza, el ruso pena, salinas(que mal que mal pero el si siente los colores), y villa(que si dice que quiere tanto al club ya se debio haber retirado).

es culpa de tena, pero no toda...tu mismo me das la razon, tenemos un presidente que no quiere ser presidente, un director deportivo que tiene a sus amigos y esta ahorrando para el retiro, un director tecnico que mete a sus amigos....

es muy facil decir que solo tena, a lo mejor el partido lo perdio tena, a lo mejor la liga, pero no puedes quitarles culpa a los de arriba...y te apuesto que tena va a seguir, y cuando perdamos la interliga... va a ser la misa conversacion.

Y cuando eres uno de los encargados la culpa es tuya aunque los de abajo (que escojiste) fallan, tambien fallas...

10. Aguilas Del America

Oct 28, 2002
    Nido de Coapa
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Luis Fernando Tena

Alberto Becerra
    Armando Navarrete
    Guillermo Ochoa
    Diego Alberto Cervantes
    Ricardo Rojas
    Carlos Infante
    Ismael Rodríguez
    Duilio Davino
    José Antonio Castro
    Oscar Rojas
    Raúl Alberto Salinas
    Juan Carlos Mosqueda
    Ignacio Torres
    Alvin Mendoza
    Alejandro Argüello
    Fabián Peña
    Germán Villa
    Santiago Fernández
    Enrique Esqueda
    Nelson Cuevas
    Cuauhtémoc Blanco
    Claudio López
    Vicente Matías Vuoso
    Salvador Cabañas

The bolded players should be definately out. We should invest in Mexican talent. When was the last time we bought a good Mexican player? I heard rumours we are close to buying Omar Trujillo from Morelia. What about Juan Pablo Garcia? Ever Guzman from Morelia is getting zero playng time.

11. Memento

Memento New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    Lapuente is the sports director: therefore he has a lot to do on the decisions concerning who comes to the club. He hired Tena and hired other players.

Lapuente needs to go.With Tena and some players.

LMVCP you need to analyze a liittle bit more, not go with the standard " the blame is only on the coach" .

12. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
    I agree on the players you want out but i would also include piojo in there because he is getting old and i right now AMERICA could probably sell him for some pretty good money and i think alvin mendoza isn't that bad so i would keep him and santiago fernandez needs to get more chance to shine with AMERICA and as far as Refuerzos go i think AMERICA needs 2 good defenders, a good midfielder and a couple of forwards, i wouldn't mind seeing LA gata fernandez playing with AMERICA:D

13. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Lapuente maybe the sports director, but he does not do the hiring nor firing nor does he set up the rosters.

I am analyzing the siutation.

What did Lapuente do? He recommended a coach that 1) has 2 league titles, 2) has had a good coaching career, and 3) has had success with teams of little stature (with the exception of Cruz Azul).

Tena may not be on my personal liking (his footie philosophy, his tactics, etc), but he has been successful.

On paper, he was the right choice for a club like America--a club that is expected to win.

However, no one can foresee the future. No one could possibly know that Tena would not "fit" in.

Like I said, aside from some of the players that have not been responding, Tena is responsible.

1. He brought in Cabanas and even when things were not going well with him, he stuck with hi,
    2. His lineups were very inconsistant.
    3. He rewarded a player's good fortunes with benching them.

It is clear that Tena cant handle the pressure of coaching a club like America. Teams like Chiapas, Morelia dont have the luxury of having "stars" on the bench--in other words players that would be starters in other teams. America does and a coach needs to have the balls and the cack juice to to realize that he is the coach and he cant please everyone.

14. Brailovsky

Brailovsky New Member

Jan 8, 2006
    around the world...

why do you protect so much Lapuente???

is he your uncle????

what do you think....Brailovsky instead of Lapuente???

hehehe, me instead of that guy!?!?!? :rolleyes:

15. Brailovsky

Brailovsky New Member

Jan 8, 2006
    around the world...
    Well, I don’t think cañedo knows so much about soccer; therefore the one that takes the futbol decitions is Lapuente.... cañedo take business decitions..

16. azriel

azriel Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    San Diego, USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Con lo encabronado que estoy, todo el ******** Equipo se puede ir. Excepto Cua Y Mosqueda, al menos Cua se vio que queria jugar, los demas son unos pendejos.

Como es posible que los 2 unicas tarjetas amarillas fueron por jugadas insustanciales....... que no saben como se le juega al Barca? con HUEVOS. Lo hizo el Madrid cuando les pusimos en su madre esta anio, lo hizo el Chelsea en la champions, lo hizo el Sevilla en la UEFA. Por favor.

Como es posible que cada que agarraba el balon el pinche cara de caballo tenia facil 4 metros sin marca? que pinche miedo es ese? a mi la neta lo que me cala es la falta de coraje y orgullo de nuestros jugadores, casi casi se pelean por un ******** autografo, no es posible.

Villa ya me tiene hasta la madre, siempre ya esta cagando, sera muy americanista pero ya se debe de ir. Que chingados hizo? minimo metele una patada a alguien. Por su mala marca el pinche Mamon del Marquez ( porque habla como si tuviera una verga metida en la garganta ) nos mete un gol estupido.

En fin, que mas puedo decir.

17. amanzo81

amanzo81 Member

Apr 30, 2003
    home
    Club:
    Club América
    The main argument agains lapuente is that no coach will be free to play his style unless he is gone. You see similar tactics in america now that tena never showed in jaguares. Granted, the players available have something to do with it, but the lapuente fingerprints are all over this. The big tip off to me was the signing of el Ruso. He was brought in after the departure of Pardo to (I feel) keep the same formation that lapuente prefers. Why bring him in? Why not go with the faster, more offensive persuasion of the roster as a whole? Pena didnt play into tenas gamplan as Arguello and even Mendoza quickly passed him up in the rotation.

That being said, is this the best time to overhaul the team. Most of these guys just came into the team and havent had sufficient time to adjust to each others games, That is a direct result of tenas wildy different lineups, but the team did finish in the upper half of the standings. We have seen flashes of what the team can do, the second half of the atlas liguilla game comes to mind. Would a tena departure hurt the contunuity further? Would the team benefit more from a Lapuente departure?

18. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    I am not protecting Lapuente. I just don't buy into the crap that TV Azteca and other yellow page newss agencies say about the relationship between Lapuente, the coach, and the front office.

In all fairness, they have attacked him more for not being an Americanista and that his roots lie in Puebla. What does that have to do with anything?

Guillermo Can~edo Sr was not an Americanista, he started off in Zacatepec. He was a tire salesmen that eventually ended up with Zacatepec. He turned a small club into a rather successful team and when Azcarraga bought the club---he went after the most successful exec.

For years, our football has been criticized because apparently the front office sees things their way and th coaching see it another way. Too many times they accused execs of putting finances ahead of performance. And I do believe the press had a legit argument. While the general manager (GM) role had been in existance in the US sports model for a long time, in Mexico the position was unheard of. It was not until recently where that position was starting to take form.

The Sport Director (similar to the GM) needs to know footie and needs to know business. Who other than Lapuente knows more about footie? He is also a professional and also business savy.

I ask--where were we before Lapuente (either as a coach or sports director) arrived in Coapa?

13 years without a title
    not giving the most importance to the youth system
    horrible signings
    allowing X sports agents to conduct business and bring in regular joes.

I am not protecting him because he is my uncle :rolleyes: I am simply just putting things into perspective and not allowing myself to get fooled by yellow page journalist who have nothing bad to say about Lapuente. and why... because he is an easy target.

19. Brailovsky

Brailovsky New Member

Jan 8, 2006
    around the world...
    13 without a title, yess, but where America was before that? we won everything!!! we can say thanks to lapuente, but now we have to think different...if lapuente still there we wont make anything important, maybe another championship...but maybe!!

and I know, tv apezta makes small thing like huge things, but you can have a little of critical thinking and you can see there are some weird stuffs in America (and maybe all teams have that). And Perez teuffer(quien sabe como se ecribe) is gone, and thanks to them(lapuente y este wey) we won the championship.... but his cicle is gone as lapuente's time.

and what happen if you have people that dont love the colors, we have a heartless team, sin espiritu...i dont know but i prefer the Ruso, Zague, Reinoso, etc. in the team because they KNOW what is this love we called Americanismo and a PIPOPE wont know what is that... what can you say about that?? could you say that Lapuente could teach how to love our jersey? and you gonna say is not his job, but that is the job of evryone inside the club.

20. patrickn

patrickn New Member

Jun 1, 2006
    California
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I don't think we need to do something as drastic as rehauling the whole team. We got a pretty decent record despite all the horrible decisions Tena has made. If we could add some better D players, I wouldn't argue that, but as a whole, I think we need the team to get used to each other. I'm a believer that soccer is more about how well the team knows each other (dropping in pieces here and there) than to revamp a whole squad every year or two.

What needs to be done is punt Tena to the curb. Any four-year old can lead a team with our talent to where it was. Tena added NOTHING to the team strategically. If anything else, he held our team back with his weird line ups and stupid substitutions. If a rookie coach were to watch Tena tapes trying to learn how to coach, he or she would learn three things:

1) When players do well, bench them.
    2) Like George Bush, you always "stay the course"; stick with Cabanas even if he chokes more than Paris Hilton chokes on spew.
    3) Momentum is overrated.

New coach plz.

21. Alexjosue2006

Alexjosue2006 New Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Houston
    I think that america does need to change a lot of its players.....

Out:
    Ricardo Rojas
    Davino
    Villa
    Pena
    Cabanas
    Pipino (es bueno pero no juega)
    Piojo

IN:
    Diego Colloto (Tecos)
    Jouaqain Beltran? (Necaxa)
    Torrado? (Cruz Azul)
    Fabiano Periera (Necaxa)
    Un Delatero Goleador (Extranjero)
    Vicente Sanchez (Toluca)
    and
    Luis Perez? (Monterrey)

22. azriel

azriel Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    San Diego, USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid

No Mames Pereira?!?!

Beltran esta ruco y acabado.
    Torrado es un pendejo.

Un medio defensivo, a me gusta Rosada del Toluca.
    Vicente Sanchez seria increible, aunque veo kbron que venga.

23. Alexjosue2006

Alexjosue2006 New Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Houston
    Rosada es buen jugador pero lo expulsan casi 5 veces por torneo no mames por lo menos a la borrega no lo expulsan y tiene salida el wey y es mexicano. Pues el toluca quiere a Vouso no veo por que no aser un cambio. aunque no quiero que se vaya vouso. Si es bueno no mas que tena no le daba chance. Y beltran si esta ruco pero a cambio por davino mejor beltran.

Periera lo iso muy bien en el primer partido con america. contra el barcelona ninguno se veo bien.

24. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    perreria sucked against jeonbuk

i think what america needs the most is a new coach, and to replace davino and el chileno rojas.

25. Ritter

Ritter New Member

Oct 4, 2005
    México
    Tan Lapuente ha caducado que si se hubiera ido antes se le hubiera agradecido hasta cierto punto por el campeonato del 2002 si se fuera ahora simplemente seria con mentadas de madre por todas las tonterias cometidas a costa de esta institución y echandole en cara el porque la tardanza en largarse.

FUERA Cañedo.- Simplemente esta mas ocupado con el interliga y candidateandose para la femexfut o concacaf que en ver por el equipo.

FUERA Lapuente.- Correr a Carrillo; instalar al titere aguado; traer bultos como Zepeda, Ruco Pena y Pereira y dejar en ridiculo al equipo cada que abre el hocico.

De paso que se lleve a los Almaguer, Aguado, Gavilan, Ordiales, etc.

FUERA TENA.- No tiene caracter, es un miedoso y nunca supo acomodar al equipo en toda la temporada.

FUERA mediocres y otros que ya no dan o nunca pudieron tipo Ignacio Torres, Salinas, Ruco Pena, Alvin Mendoza, Pipino, Cabañas, Pereira, Piojo, Davino, Villa.

A ver hasta cuando le da la gana a Azcarraga, a ver hasta cuando...