Clint is an *#*#*#*#*#*#*#

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by tkgunn, Nov 9, 2003.

1. obie

obie New Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NY, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is no chance in hell that Mathis is in the A League next season, and I think the only way he is in MLS is if (1) no European club takes a chance on him, which I think somebody will, and (2) he's taken in the expansion draft by Chivas / Rochester who want to make a splash to kick the team off. He will not be here.

But somebody somewhere is going to bring him in at a salary that's a lot less than what he could have gotten last summer, and take a chance. There's too much raw talent there for everyone to pass on him.

2. sregis

sregis Member

Nov 5, 1999
    Hoboken, USA
    all the power to him if he can land on a euro team, even 2nd div....but i've seen virtually nothing in his play this year to suggest he currently had what it takes to succeed or even properly compete on that level. but who knows, the guy clearly is a head case too, so perhaps in the right place w/ the right players, he could find his form again. for the sake of the nats, i really hope so.

3. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    TKGunn: When the Camera shot of Clint walking to the fans at the far stands and also near the tunnel going to the stands at the left end. Then that shot disappeared. I have no doubt that Clint went to shake hands with the fans. Also to sign autographs.

So basically you gave a bad call. Just like an umpire get glasses shmuck.

4. Metrohooligan101

Metrohooligan101 New Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Orlando Fl

you have no doubt....i would agree as well but anyone who made the trip to boston know for a fact if mathis indeed went back and shaked the hands of the fans????....either way it really doesn't matter if he went good if he didn't good too because of the treatment hes received who'd blame him.

5. Vistula

Vistula New Member

Jul 2, 2001
    Garfield
    The most obvious way he ends up in MLS next year is the "Joe Cannon/Ante Razov" route, that is, he gets a deal to play in Europe and only survives for a short time. I like the chances of this happening.

Raw talent? Please. There's nothing raw about Clint's talent anymore. He's got no first-step. If he's got that rocket shot anymore, we haven't seen it in an eternity. His effort this season was very workmanlike, but even his nine goals were all of the Mike Magee Variety, right place, right time, put 'em away. We saw no raw talent from Clint in '03, just some hard work from a fading talent.

6. gabe

gabe New Member

Oct 17, 2002
    NJ
    "Money! Get away! Get a good job with more pay and you're okay! Money! It's a gas! Grab that cold cash with both hands and make a stack!"
    -Roger Waters

my point being is that every1 needs $ to make it in the world, and no matter how much we can whine or complain, the Metros can NOT get rid of Mathis because he is the posterboy of NY period. Meola, Howard, and Petke already; if Mathis goes, then Metros better pray that we get a Donovan or a Zidane or Figo or Ronaldo etc...

PS- Ariel Ortega cannot play soccer because of no money to owe a $11 million charge to his Turkish club, perhaps the Metros can donate that money in exchange for 10-20 seasons

7. ToddP25

ToddP25 Member

Apr 19, 1999
    Richmond, VA
    There is always someone that steps up and replaces the last 'idol'....

8. Rommul

Rommul Member

Aug 26, 2003
    NYC
    I was at the game.

Clint did indeed stop sign autographs and gave his jersey away.

How do I know for a fact.

Dissappointingly only Jolley and Lisi came over to the ESC section after the game.

You should have seen Jolleys face man he was crushed (talk about bleeding the colors).

They both gave their jerseys away and showed the long sleeve black thermals the whole team wore under the jerseys.

When I looked over to the tunnel I saw Guevarra and Mathis both without jerseys and only the black thermals on.

To all those who say ESC doesn't support the club....EAT ****.

Even the Revs fans were taken abacki when we broke out into "We love you Metros..WE DO!..." as soon as the final whistle blew.

9. Rommul

Rommul Member

Aug 26, 2003
    NYC
    Also big props to Bob Bradley for coming over.

We love ya Bob.