Clint is an *#*#*#*#*#*#*#

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by tkgunn, Nov 9, 2003.

1. tkgunn

tkgunn Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NJ
    He walked off the field and right into the lockeroom without signing any autographs while many other players were(they showed, amado, jolley, pope,nugent). Didn't give his jersey to a fan, nothing. He's a disgrace

2. ChrisE

ChrisE Member

Jul 1, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    You're just whining now.

3. tkgunn

tkgunn Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NJ
    just stating facts there buddy

4. Redhammer

Redhammer New Member

Aug 10, 2003
    Brooklyn
    enough with the mathis is shite threads. i think i speak for everyone. lets just wish him well in europe.

5. In Bob We Trust

In Bob We Trust New Member

Jan 5, 2003
    i think it was a lose-lose situation...probably wouldve been pretty awkward for him to go over to them after last weekend, and he didnt so people are going to complain about it...maybe at least an acknowledgement or wave in the direction would've been nice, but the season's over...these are not the type of things we should really care to focus on

6. WestSider

WestSider New Member

Oct 20, 2003
    NY, NY

Are you sure he didn't talk to the fans at all? They showed him starting to walk out, and then it looked like someone in the stands had gotten his attention and he began walking in that direction before the camera cut away. When it cut back a little bit later, they showed him heading to the lockeroom.

Brooke

7. Metros Striker10

Metros Striker10 New Member

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    Clint's the last person to blame for today's loss. At least he had some nice touches. Everyone else got the ball and looked around and stared at the multi-colored ad boards.

8. bostonsoccermdl

bostonsoccermdl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Why should he? Why should he subjective himself to potential harrassing (ie revs fans), when the home fans treat him like they did last week..

I, quite frankly, would march into the locker room myself, disgusted.

9. Jahmakya

Jahmakya New Member

May 28, 2001
    NYC
    What do u mean by nice touches?

10. OriginalAEK

OriginalAEK New Member

May 6, 2003
    Syracuse, NY
    He'll never make it to Europe. Plain and simple.

11. SlowFox

SlowFox Member

Aug 16, 1999
    I think it's quite possible, after last week's incident, that he or someone else (with the Metros or MLS) thought it might be advisable for Mathis to simply avoid fan contact.

Not making excuses for him, just mentioning it as a possibility.

=NLK=

12. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Best Metrostar ever.

13. Gar7

Gar7 New Member

Feb 7, 2001
    Southington, CT
    After the way the ESC treated him last week, and for half the season, I would walk off too. He and Guevara showed some great touches tonight, but as usual with this freakin' team, they stand still, do not move into space and woefully allow Noonan and Cancela into dangerous positions. Give props to the Revs, they did an excellant job of marking Clint and Amado out. And thanks to the ESC, Clint will find a nice job in Europe somewhere, score goals and help the US make it to Germany in '06 and us Metros fans will pine for him to come back.

I used to have respect for some of the guys in ESC, but they rip players too easily, but I bet if we had Gary Lineker in his prime and he went through a slump, they'd *#*#*#*# on him as well.

14. Mireille

Mireille New Member

Nov 4, 2003
    NYC
    Maybe Leeds?

15. tkgunn

tkgunn Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NJ
    slumps don't last 2 years

16. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Member+

Real Madrid, DC United, anywhere Pulisic plays
    Aug 3, 2000
    Proxima Centauri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When Mathis does sign autographs, some fat, no class, gobshite will yell obscenities at him and throw beer on him.

I just can't understand why he wouldn't want to sign autographs.

17. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    We won't have Clint to kick around anymore. But then, Nixon said that...and look what happened!

18. Jacen McCullough

Nov 23, 1998
    Maryland
    A couple of injuries can last 2 years though. The actual "Slump" has really only been 2 months. Mathis was on fire in the beginning of the season. People bitch about how we can't make a big deal about being in the playoffs, yada yada 8 out of 10 etc. Truth is, without Mathis in the beginning of the season, we aren't even IN the playoffs. We're one of those crappy 2 teams that get made fun of. Rip him all you want, make fun of him all you want, but he can and will make it in Europe, because coaches in Europe know the difference between a *#*#*#*# player and a slump. Mathis is a sliver of confidence away from being an impact player. To those fans (and keep in mind folks, generalizing them all as "The ESC" is very wrong, and insulting to the ESC), thanks a heap for removing any chance of him finding that lost confidence over the last month.

19. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Actually, he was never the same after the Confederations Cup.

20. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    You mean it took you this long to figure this out?

When you read tommorrow's newspapers, Clint will be asked about it and he'll say "well management asked me not to sign anything because of last week's incident".

Sounds like a plausible excuse, except Clint doesn't sign autographs anymore unless it's through his agent and you're waving $25 in cash his way.

Kudos to Guevara and Jolley for signing autographs to the fans who made the long treck to NE, in addition to even signing fans for the Rev fans.

Good riddance.

21. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    This was quite accurate of what happened....

22. Gar7

Gar7 New Member

Feb 7, 2001
    Southington, CT
    I was not insinuating that all memebers of the ESC were down on Clint, but let's face it, where the fracas with the fans occurred was in the section where the ESC exclusively reside. The ESC are passionate and without them, Metros matches at the swamp would be boring affairs. I did not intend to paint the entire supporters club with one brush, I apologise if it appeared that way. But, I agree that without Mathis, the Metros would not have made the playoffs. His goals early in the season, and those of Magee as well, are what got the Metros to this point and Woly' goals in the second half. This team had a non-existent midfield and had an injured Jaime Moreno all season. The flank defenders were crap and any bad game that Pope and Jolley had was enough for Metro to lose.

Clint, have a great career in Europe, hopefully England. Wolves and Blackburn could use your help, hell, Leeds needs anybody!

23. Why should Clint visit the ESC to get baited into another fine? I don't blame him a bit for bypassing the fans. The bunghole quotient for fans who claim to support this Club was disproportionately high this year. Let's hope that both the Club and the fans improve over the offseason.

24. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Section 101 may be exclusive in ticket sales to ESC members... but anyone can enter the section with any type of Metro ticket.

25. Mireille

Mireille New Member

Nov 4, 2003
    NYC
    I'm pretty sure Leeds would welcome him with open arms.