Cleveland vs. Columbus Rivalry

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Eggy, Nov 3, 2003.

1. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    Lets have it

2. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know so much about rivalry...all I know is that I'll be at all the Crew games up in Cleveland supporting the Crew. I choose, it may get nasty, because I know I might get nasty at the games. But I don't think I'll have more hatred for them, than I do for the other teams. I look forward to the trips up there, much shorter of a drive. There should be a cup or somethin for the two Ohio teams. .Also, it all depends on who's on the Cleveland team.

3. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    Yer gonna get nasty Chelsey?

4. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey
    Does Cleveland have any effeminate 125lb hoolie wannabe's who, uh, come looking for beer?

5. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I will. Just not that way, dork. :p

6. suspenders1964

Mar 4, 2000
    Fantastic! I wouldn't have expected anything else.

I think it may get nasty between the two groups of fans. They'll probably outnumber us however. Hell, it hasn't even been confirmed yet but I hate em already.

7. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    Columbus are a massive club, this will be a typical prince versus pauper relationship. They will hate us because we have our own TV channel, club shops in Singapore, Bangkok, Paris, Milan, London, and Madrid, we have a trophy cabinet that has more silverware than the local Red Lobster, we have superstar celebrity fans. This is why ultimately they will hate us, we're the envy of the world.

8. cleazer

cleazer Member+

May 6, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't see how they could possibly be as bad as DC and the Fire. So I voted for friendly. I'll probably cheer for them when they play DC or the Fire. Unless they pick up Stoichcough or Breakalenko in the expansion draft.

9. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    There's no relegation in this league so I hope they go winless, I have an equal hope that they will have a strong following, it'd be nice to have proper supporters other than us in this league.

10. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's a few people from Cleveland who think that they're better than us. They have the rock hall and all that. But what do they know?

It'll take some time to develop, as all rivalries do, but there'll be a good contingent of fans making the trip to the other stadium. The proximity will help out a lot, people could go to the game, leave the city by 11:30 and be back home by 1:30 or 2.

11. Crew14

Crew14 Member

Apr 11, 2000
    Brunswick
    Grew up near the city, hate the people, hate many of the burbs, hate Wolstein and Garafolo, hate the Force. I imagine it getting nasty if they can ever find people to support the team. Maybe some high school punks from some of the local soccer schools will try to emmulate the fine fans from Chitcago.

Still don't see how people in Cleveland think it's a better place than C-bus.

Crew til I die.

12. hoop_crazy

hoop_crazy New Member

Oct 31, 2003
    Louisville
    have I missed something? has cleveland been rewarded an expansion team already?

13. hoop_crazy

hoop_crazy New Member

Oct 31, 2003
    Louisville
    A Cleveland/Columbus rivalry would be excellent for the league!!!! It will give it a lot more publicity! I strongly support an expansion team in Cleveland!!!

14. hoop_crazy

hoop_crazy New Member

Oct 31, 2003
    Louisville
    An Ohio Derby would be a good thing!!

15. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm with this dude. Way to put it buddy.

16. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    C 14 got it right - a nasty town with nasty people.

They'll make those genetically challenged F*re turds look like charm school grads and Fulbright Scholars.

17. CrewSchmack

CrewSchmack Member

Columbus Crew SC
    United States
    Mar 3, 1999
    Delaware, OH
    Got my Undergrad in Cleveland...nice place for 4 years, and the only reason I thought of staying was those people and friends from school

This much I know....if you really want to piss off someone from Cleveland...tell them how Cleveland is an "east coast sports town" plopped up against a lake.

They'll love ya for it...especially when you compare em to Philly or NYC....and it's the truth...

Cleveland doesn't like Columbus...even more than they don't like Cincy. It'll be good for Crew.

18. Crew14

Crew14 Member

Apr 11, 2000
    Brunswick
    Envy is a powerful thing.

19. hoop_crazy

hoop_crazy New Member

Oct 31, 2003
    Louisville
    do you guys think the rivalry will be from the start or does it have to heat up for a while?

20. Robbiegoal

Robbiegoal Member

Sep 20, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    personallyu it hing cleveland is a crap city with dung for all!!!! As a sdteeler fan nothing ins clevenland is up toi par may all ho support die in a hotel fire on the 46th flooor!!!!!!!

21. Robbiegoal

Robbiegoal Member

Sep 20, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    see thats what I am talking about no *#*#*#*#ing sleel check and some are gunna take thism .......hahaha i said gunna.

JEFF CUNNINGHAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. Robbiegoal

Robbiegoal Member

Sep 20, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    iF there was any justice in this world bigsoccer would have crashed and burned as ssoon as I write jeff cunnighm....final words of glory!!!!

23. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't the Hekkawi need a Bingo Hall designed today?

I think Captain Parmenter was looking for you. Check with Wrangler Jane on that. Thanks.

24. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I think it will be intersting to see if MLS does something bizzare again, like splitting us into three divisions. If so I hope we are still in teh same division as DC and the goons from Chicago.

You gotta think that we'll be in the same division as Cleveland when it all starts, but it's gonna take a lot to get me to hate them more than DC.

25. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I think it'll still be two. When Chicago and Miami first came in, it was two back then.

And DC and Chicago will still be hated more. Cleveland will be a fun place to road trip to and throw around some smack, but I don't see them at the rivalry level of DC and Chicago. At least not immediately.