Cleveland City Stars 2009 Roster

Discussion in 'Cleveland' started by CCSUltra, Dec 15, 2008.

1. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was his older brother that played with us in 2007.

Xavier Balc would be an interesting signing. I wonder what kind of shape he's in.

2. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Godfrey Tenoff is coming back for the 09 season. Hopefully we'll see more of him in the midfield and not in defense. He looked so much better as a mid than as a right back.

3. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Forward Ricardo Pierre-Louis signs with City. He spent last year with Columbus.

4. smithnwesson

smithnwesson New Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Columbus, OH
    i'm glad to see Ricardo Pierre-Louis land close to Columbus. Everyone was looking to see big things from him last year. He ended up going back to Lee to finish his degree, then never really made a dent in the top 18 one he returned.

I was hoping to get up there to see some CCS games this year, now i definitely will.

5. Davids26

Davids26 Member

May 31, 2000
    Xavier played for the Michigan Bucks in 2007.

6. FamousGreenArmy108

FamousGreenArmy108 New Member

Dec 11, 2008
    C-Town
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    When/if you do, come stand with the 'Army!!!

7. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like we've got another forward, this one from Minnesota.

From USLSoccer.com

8. pubman

pubman New Member

Mar 27, 2009
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    How does the roster look now that the season is right around the corner? Do we have a winner? Time is running out.

9. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It looks pretty slim. But that's just because we don't know the inner workings let. There's obviously quite a few players that are already playing and training with us that aren't listed on the roster yet. I really don't know what to expect.

10. Smithsoccer1721

Smithsoccer1721 Member+

Feb 16, 2007
    Middle of the Table
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I may be wrong but from what I have heard the results are not very good. Not only the score line but the play itself I guess has been extremely poor. Granted, this is what I have heard from someone on the current roster but he might be wrong.

11. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The vast majority of the earlier games have been made up of trialists. We beat the University of Dayton 2-0 yesterday with most of our first team squad.

12. pubman

pubman New Member

Mar 27, 2009
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    A scrimmage tonite vs CSU might shed more light on the team

13. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where? Is it open to the public?

14. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would guess Krenzler, who knows if it's open. Isn't Krenzler still under the dome?

15. Dave Brull

Dave Brull Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Mayfield Hts, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup.

16. lmfoust

lmfoust Member

Aug 2, 2000
    Cleveland
    so many brothas on the roster....I'm sold....haha

17. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any word on how we did last night?

18. pubman

pubman New Member

Mar 27, 2009
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Not well last nite. Did not seem to have a plan for attack, and the D was unorganized. More work to be done, and am sure it will get fixed. CSU pulled out a tie 1-1

19. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I spoke with my friend who plays for CSU, he said that CSU was unlucky not to win. Apparently CCS scored on there only real opportunity and that CSU came close on 2 or 3 occasions. Also, whoever was in net for CCS wasn't very impressive, especially with his distribution (Bush wasn't in net, apparently he's having finger or hand issues). Also, although CCS moved the ball well and a lot of the players had obvious talent and pace (especially pace), they couldn't cope when CSU pressured them.

20. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like there's a lack of communication

21. MLSinCleveland

MLSinCleveland Member+

Oct 12, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Earlier in camp the performance city put on against CSU wouldn't have scared me. This late in camp, it terrifies me. Here's a list of the problems I saw:

lack of pace, dink and dunk passes (mostly sideways or backward), someone who walked into this game not knowing who was who would've thought that the teams swapped jerseys. Right now, we'd be better off with CSU representing Cleveland in USL-1 than the Stars

lack of discipline, virtually every attack was stalled by an offsides call, Hotchkin spent most of the match flirting with a straight red for dissent (how it didn't happen in the 70th minute is beyond me)

This is not to say that these guys are hacks. The raw talent is there. What they need is discipline, and I'm sure that Coach Underwood (who I met after the match, btw) is more than happy to oblige.

One other note, upon leaving the Krenzlerdome, I performed a sort of last rites on Krenzler as City's home ground. I did the "keep the green flag flying high over Krenzler" chant facing Krenzler while waving my unused scoresheet (got there late) like a flag. I then crossed the street, faced southeast (roughly toward Bedford) and did the same thing, replacing "Krenzler" with "Bedford" (This was before I knew that we had settled on "Middlefield").

22. pubman

pubman New Member

Mar 27, 2009
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Another "scrimmage" tonite vs Duquesne at the cheese place. 7:30 pm. Hope the team learned a few things and can take it to the lower level college team!

23. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone going to the game tonight?

24. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wish I hadn't put off doing my taxes. But that's what I'll be doing tonight.

25. Dave Brull

Dave Brull Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Mayfield Hts, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same thing, but read homework. Taxes are done!

Someone keep an eye on that guy that played for the Galaxy. IMO, we should be looking for more MLS castaways instead of the non-name roster.

But time will tell. And there is a reason I'm not a GM (although my soccer manager sim team is pretty good :) )