Cleve Bid Still Active,GM Lining up Land

Discussion in 'MLS: Expansion' started by Cleve-MLS-fan, Aug 10, 2004.

1. Cleve-MLS-fan

Cleve-MLS-fan New Member

Feb 5, 2001
    Hey there is a great Youth support for soccer (20+ yrs) in Cleveland, Great Sports fans, a base of Ethnic soccer fans (young from Case Western etc. and older settled and newly arriving) and People like me 35yrs+ who still play and coach with kids and a interest(money to spend) as a fan

here Garofalo Force's GM seems interested in following through_a good idea if they own the stadium i think they will be successful

http://www.cleveland.com/search/index.ssf?/base/summit/109161195945010.xml?ncounty_summit

If this doesnt work out (MLS would be my preference) i would be alright (happy to support) a A-league team as a backup alternative

2. Chris_Bailey

Chris_Bailey Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Sounds great that they're still pushing for a team, but how far out would this site be from downtown Cleveland? Will this location be a lot like Pontiac having the "Detroit" Lions?

3. Joe Stoker

Joe Stoker Member

Mar 10, 2003
    Stokerland
    Never was a math major, but from holding the ruler up to comparative Yahoo! maps, it looks as if it's only half as far from downtown Cleveland to the Boston Hills golf course property as it is from downtown Detroit to Pontiac... if in fact the golf course is the site per media speculation.

On the other Cleveland topic thread, I mentioned my idea for building closer to "soccer community" concentration (Dave Brull's idea)... at the rte 82/I-71 interchange. But a closer look reveals not a lot of available nor accessible property (Mostly parks system). So I might consider the next exit north on 71 (Pearl Road & Ohio Turnpike interchange). Of course, this rides upon a winning Mega-Millions ticket ;) .

4. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I tried to tell all of you "Close down this thread. Cleveland is dead. Might as well just shoot ourselves" clowns to hold your horses.

I'm not saying it's anything like a slam dunk - far from it.

But whoever it was (Dave Brull) who started the "Close the Cleveland Board" thread owes me a drink.

5. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

6. Revolt

Revolt Member+

Jun 16, 1999
    Davis, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah. Let's put a lot of faith in a sicko who likes to stick firecrackers up puppy dog's asses.

7. Dave Brull

Dave Brull Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Mayfield Hts, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I recall, I never said or started a thread to close Cleveland expansion, in fact, railed against whoever did write that several times. I DID say the Cleveland expansion threads are slightly more exciting then drywall. I think I complared it to a coma victim. But close it down the thread? Never! No drinks for Bill Archer.

Having said that, I do relish putting M-80's in puppy's butts.