Clemson vs South Carolina [R]

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by sheeplover, Sep 30, 2003.

1. sheeplover

sheeplover Member

Sep 16, 2002
    Zidane's right foot
    Are there any shamecock fans out there to even give their predictions?

The Chicken Curse continues with a 2-1 Clemson win to make USC winless for 8 years.

It would be good to see some USC fans there because the orange dominated the noise last year.

With Carolina's best chance in years this year I would hope there was a great crowd.

2. MusicBox

MusicBox New Member

Sep 9, 2003
    The cocks looked pretty good early in the season. Thats not unusual since they play the same basic style every year. Very organized and and seem to make the most of their chances. They certainly haven't faired well against the Tigers in years past, even when they appeared to have a slightly better squad. Clemson always looks very confident and more aggressive in dictating the play. Their superiority can't be questioned.

Both teams will be fielding young players don't know if thats a positive or negative...

3. FIXXXER

FIXXXER New Member

Feb 16, 2001
    Hotlanta, GA
    Clemson

As expected, FIXXXER will take the Tigers. From what I've been able to gather, they had one of their better games V Coastal on Sunday and their "youth" is starting to play a little more consistent. To go with that, USC is coming off a rough weekend on the West Coast. I'll take a 3-1 Tigers win.

Look forward to hearing from people that get to go...

4. sheeplover

sheeplover Member

Sep 16, 2002
    Zidane's right foot
    South Carolina

I think USC always has a great team but every game against Clemson they play like the result is inevitable.

They do well up until the Clemson game and do well after but for one Sunday a year they struggle.

If the couldn't beat Clemson in 1997 in either game
    with Mathis and Wolff then they maye never do it.

Any USC team updates from fans?

Clemson is very raw and inexperienced and a Clemson-USC game is something you can't prepare for.