Clemson & BigSoccer - What A Difference a Year Makes

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by FIXXXER, Sep 19, 2006.

1. FIXXXER

FIXXXER New Member

Feb 16, 2001
    Hotlanta, GA
    Wow. Amazing what can change in one year's time.

It was about this time last year Wise 1, LeftCoastSoccer, Kubby, etc had a lot to say about the "State of Clemson Soccer" and I haven't seen much so far this year. If I remember correctly, some people even already had Trevor's replacement named. Some other guy was whining about Clemson not recruiting in-state, and some jacka$$ even had the nerve to comment that Clemson started winning when Trevor was away burying his father. Where has everyone gone? Certainly small wins at USC, vs defending national champion and at the time #1 Maryland, and vs #5 UNC on Fox Soccer Channel didn't silence this band of Clemson Soccer and coaching experts. Or maybe it was last season's College Cup appearance. Regardless, it would be interesting to hear from the expert panel again, one year later, to hear their thoughts.

FIXXXER

2. Dsocc

Dsocc Member

Feb 13, 2002
    Why's it interesting? It's pretty convenient to forget where they were for a few years before. They used to suck, and when they did, people gave them a hard time about it. Adair finally came to grips with the fact that A) the caliber of players they were getting weren't hard enough, B) The players weren't technical enough to overcome not being hard enough, and C), he wasn't going to be able to coach his way around it.

3. FIXXXER

FIXXXER New Member

Feb 16, 2001
    Hotlanta, GA
    Interesting because a few games into last season people are talking about replacing the man as head coach. Which was about the most ignorant thing posted on these boards. And correct me if I am wrong, but I do believe it was you that was giving all the credit in the past to Coach Bramble. What's your stance on that now? Which years are you referring to when you say "they used to suck?" Is it 1999? One year? Check Coach Adair's record since he has been at Clemson and try and come up with some sort argument for when they "sucked." And if so many people were so quick to crucify Trevor and Clemson Soccer last year, then those people should be lined up to kiss their arse this year. By "BigSoccer" standards, I expect a thread to start soon about cleaning house at Duke after they lost to UNC-W.