Clemson 1-0 mid first half

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by comettiger, Nov 9, 2003.

1. comettiger

comettiger Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Dallas, Texas
    Clemson vs Furman

Clemson is ahead 1-0 on a goal by Charlie Roberts from Landy Mattison. Furman is already a man down due to two yellows.

Penalty kick by Dempsey makes it 1-1 with 4 minutes left to half.

2-2 with 23 minutes left

3-2 Clemson, another goal for Roberts, 15 minutes to go.

3-2 Clemson Final. Shots Clemson 18 Furman 6

2. SoccerLover4ever

SoccerLover4ever New Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Was a great game... read the report on www.clemsontigers.com ... Roberts from Mattison on the first... Hilgenbrink on the second.. and Roberts on assist from Holden. I was at the game and personally I found it very enjoyable..

It seems that a lot of Clemson's players are coming back from injury and they are starting to look better each and every game. I saw Holden and Ogunsola back out there today and they both added depth to the Clemson team.

GO TIGERS!

- John Davis -
    Soccer Lover 4 Ever
    Charlotte, North Carolina

3. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Sounds like it was a helluva strike by Hilgenbrink!

I think he's this year's Matt Crawford - the ACC player who gets overlooked for four seasons despite a solid but not spectacular career but ends up sticking in MLS while guys who got more ink don't make it.

Does this win get Clemson into the NCAAs or do they need at least one win in Cary?

4. FIXXXER

FIXXXER New Member

Feb 16, 2001
    Hotlanta, GA
    The best that Riggs Field has seen in quite some time. When it hit the net, we all stopped and looked at one another for a few seconds before celebrating. The name Thierry Hilgenbrink was tossed around after the game, unsaveable...Laser.