Claure vs. Chavez... can someone explain?

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by Bolivianfuego, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I know there apparently was some shit slinging by Claure after Bolivar lost to Strongest because of some contraversy.... with that said, what happened?

I know he has some issues now vs. Chavez, president of FBF, and is calling him out. From this video, it appears Chavez tried to point out to some supposed 'scandal' with ticket selling back in the day when Claure was just a 'intern' back in the day working for the FBF when we made it to the WC.

Pretty interesting revelation on his part and the 'fundraising' that FIFA gave em a deal on tickets for....

It really is interesting how MONEY helped us get all those friendlies back then, not to mention getting our guys to go to that retreat in Barcelona where they all bonded and got stronger together.

With that said, Claure is dead on with this conference. He is basically a Bolivian BS poster... but with power!

Can someone explain what's going on with the lawsuits? He's taking who to civil court in Florida? And I am assuming for Defamation? How much money could he get for that?

Also, I think he may rub some people the wrong way with how he said he isn't interested in the politics, he's too busy running a successful company... kinda dickish... could have said that better.

2. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Claure is taking Chavez to civil court in Florida for defimation(sp) of character. Im assuming since claure is CEO of a big corporation with shareholders, statements like chavez' can lead to a bad reputation of the CEO of a company. FBF (Chavez and Lozada ) today will state that the US has no jurisdiction regarding this case

Bolivianfuego repped this.
  3. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    Chavez finally met his match! Good! It just may be the beginning of the end of the Chavez dictatorship which has been so detrimental to our soccer.

4. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Gotcha.

Either way, this is interesting... I like how Marcelo looks at our 93' team and how the FBF then (I think Loayza who is now president of Bolivar was president back then??) did things and had the NT as first priority.

We need that back!
    I hope so...

5. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Haha! Yes! this might be the end of Chavez and all the corrupt officials of Bolivia.

Chavez was also mad that Claure has become a member of FIFA.

6. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I believe he was mad taht he put USA first, instead of Bolivia.

7. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Bolivianfuego repped this.
  8. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    yup, Chavez cant do jack though. I agree that the FBF should nominate the member of the commitee and thus Claure should not be there... but I sure as hell like the fact that somebody bigger than Chavez is standing up to him... oh he's waaaay over his league now!

9. MarcoM3

MarcoM3 BigSoccer Supporter

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Chavez is a crook and Claure is so rich he does not need to be a petty thief like Chavez. I sure hope The crook is taken to the cleaners.

dreyx2000 and Bolivianfuego repped this.
  10. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea. With Claure he doesn't need the shit money he gets from stealing from our poor federation... Claure wants to rid of guys like that... the quesiton is... what would he do if he gets his way?

I would think Loayza would step down for Bolivar, and go back to running FBF.

11. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    maybe yes...but I doubt it...these days there is more money to be made running Bolivar than running the FBF I would think.

MADPUPPY repped this.
  12. MADPUPPY

MADPUPPY Member

Apr 4, 2000
    Sad but true.

Can't wait for CHavez to leave. Our soccer can't grow with Chavez there.

Wasn't he supposed to leave after a certain amount of time? What happend? I don't understand why the media don't hold this dude accountable as much.

EVO should step in. I don't care if we get fined for not participating in the next 2 WC. Our players aren't where they need to be. It's the only sure way we will actually concentrate on our biggest weakness. The youth, and transition from youth to Prof soccer. Soo much education and etc needed from the Clubs end.

Rant over.....